The Walking Dead [MAJOR SPOILERS!]

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well damn... I guess my suspension of disbelief was shattered the 100th consecutive time Daryl one-shotted a walker with a goddamned crossbow... Or Rick bullseyed a walker with his six-shooter that he never seems to run out of ammo for...

I forgot to mention that but that also is a major annoyance for me. They NEVER miss. I have not seen a single bullet miss in this season. It's always a headshot. I would say if it was Rick (a rather seasoned police officer with advanced firearms training) or Daryl (a long time hunter whose proficient in firearms), I could maybe consider it. But like recently, when the zombies break into the camp, you see Carol pull out a pistol and headshot like three zombies in a row. Goddamn Carol. Not Rick, not Daryl, Carol. It really, REALLY bugs me.

Even worse, you see I believe it's Glen on the watch tower in one scene and he's literally headshotting walkers, with a pistol, from a top the watchtower a fair distance away. Not a single miss. I forgot to bring this all up but it's also a suspension of disbelief breaker.

As for evil, for a show like TWD, where there's no law, you have to judge evil by your standards. In our world and our standards, what the Governor does is recklessly evil or insane. There's no two sides to it, he's not like Shane who was evil but a lot of people could see his point. I mean the show could even have a Twilight-esque "Team Rick vs. Team Shane" thing going for it. Like everything that makes you want to hate Shane actually has a very valid point to it, what he did wasn't to classify him as evil, it was to classify him as human. For the Governor, a lot of his decisions are both impractical for the sake of being evil or just plain crazy. Like shooting the guardsmen before assessing what they can bring to the group makes him evil. The other side would be "He wanted their shit" but there could have been a fair amount of potential in the personnel themselves. Even just a simple scene where it shows the Governor debating with one of his men (the scientist guy for example, even the Governor says something along the lines of "You're here to disagree with me", almost giving him the role of adviser among other things) about keeping the guardsmen around but the Governor saying "There's too much risk" or something would make me feel more secure with his decision. For the boxing matches, if he wanted to blow off steam, go get some acoustic guitars for a music night. Go set up a wiffleball field. Have some small Christmas party. I don't know, they're all solutions to the problem, having boxing matches with zombies around is not. I know we're both in agreement on the "heads in jars" thing but it's just further evidence to show they classify him as only a generic evil bad guy with poor or no motives for being evil instead of someone whose evil for a good reason.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, much better episode than the last one. Of course it has its groan moments (or "groanments") now and then but it wouldn't be TWD if there wasn't something eyeroll-worthy in each episode.

My eyeroll moment goes towards the Andrea-Governor romance. Mainly because A) I could smell it from a mile away and B) it was stupid. Andrea is just a stupid character and the show would be so much better if she was digitally edited out and if she just offed herself at the end of season one like she should've.

Second groanment goes to the whole Hanging on the Telephone thing which was dead obvious that he was a bit loosey in the goosey. Seemed like a good chunk of show wasted. We get it, he's sad over Laurie and now he accepts it. Didn't need half an episode to show a guy sitting in a room waiting for the phone.

Also someone turned autoaim off. For the first half of the season they're plucking headshots across the map but now Katniss here can't even shoot a zombie with a bow and Merle is a terrible shot.

Otherwise some pretty decent plot twists. Glenn and dat ass getting captured, Michonne (despite being the worst character on the show, yeah she beats Andrea folks) turning up at the prison, stuff like that. Actual shit that matters.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was screwing around on Photoshop and came up with this:

0f3j6.gif

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I tend to skip when the show starts focusing on the Governor and Andrea. Its boring as. It makes my 40 minute show turn into less than 20 minute :( Cant wait for this arc or whatever part of this story ends. Or at least Governor and Andrea dying.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I tend to skip when the show starts focusing on the Governor and Andrea. Its boring as. It makes my 40 minute show turn into less than 20 minute :( Cant wait for this arc or whatever part of this story ends. Or at least Governor and Andrea dying.
I totally agree with you. Their part of the episodes are always boring ass conversations and the predictable romance. I want to see what Ricks group does.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This episode was pretty good. Ill tell you what, im going to be very upset if glenn doesnt make it or maggie. Im also rather upset about her almost r*pe seen. My heart was racing and I was just like "Im gonna stop watching if I have to witness this."
other then that, pretty exciting setup for next episode. Im interested to find out what happens next. Glad i didnt read the comic, so i can keep guessing!

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they used a lot from the comic, but with different characters.

comic spoilers (seriously don't read it if you are planning to read it later...)
Michonne and Rick get captured, Rick gets his already damaged hand cut off (which they kind of referenced intentional or not when they told Maggie that she would see Glenn's hand) and Michonne is violated and tortured by the governor (a very shocking part of the comic) in the other room. Glad it didn't turn out the same way.

Chavosaur, even if you have read the comic before watching the show, it still keeps you guessing! Some parts you can kind of recognize but it's usually with different characters involved. The show took an ENTIRELY different direction, which I think is a good thing instead of just repeating what some already know. But alas, this isn't a discussion about the comic version so I'll shut up now.

Reactions: chavosaur
D

Deleted_171835

Just seen the episode, it was pretty good.

Maggie's near-rape scene really kept me on the edge of my seat. Topless Maggie is super hot but...definitely not like this. That was just fucked up. Apparently in the comics, there is a full-on rape scene but I don't think the producers have enough balls to do that on a primetime television show.

I'm not so sure how safe Carl and the rest are at the prison. The guys from Woodbury could easily just go and takeover the prison now that Rick and the crew are out.

And that hobo scene didn't make much sense. Threatening to call the cops. It's been a year now, surely in that time-frame, he would have found out that the world went to shit. Unnecessary plothole.
Fuck mid-season finales. What happened to the days when a full season was aired without these stupid breaks? >:(

Can't wait until the next episode. Finally, we get to see the Ricktatorship vs. Woodbury!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's good that the series has diverted from it's "stupid" stage and is actually having stuff happening. The Governor/Andrea stuff is kinda boring but shit's happening and the Team Prison (to use that lame hashtag from Talking Dead) is becoming interesting.

Actually interested in seeing the midseason finale.

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Some one explain to me what happened to Andrea not being preggers anymore? I skipped any scenes with her opening her mouth so... did she lose it or something?

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Andrea wasn't pregnant, maybe you're thinking about Lori?

No Lori was a tad more of a bitch than Andrea when she was still alive. I'm sure I saw her fat belly grasping when she was still running around with Michonne, trying to survive before ever arriving at that forsaken place.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Lori was a tad more of a bitch than Andrea when she was still alive. I'm sure I saw her fat belly grasping when she was still running around with Michonne, trying to survive before ever arriving at that forsaken place.
Oh yeah, she was really sick and I don't think they ever explained why really. I don't remember her having a belly though, I think she wasn't eating or drinking so that could have killed it if she was prego... But I don't know about that, haha ^^

The show just got over one pregnancy though, I think it'd be too soon to just have a bunch of child births taking up what could be interesting, non-AndreaxGovernor air time! :P

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh yeah, she was really sick and I don't think they ever explained why really. I don't remember her having a belly though, I think she wasn't eating or drinking so that could have killed it if she was prego... But I don't know about that, haha ^^

The show just got over one pregnancy though, I think it'd be too soon to just have a bunch of child births taking up what could be interesting, non-AndreaxGovernor air time! :P

I must be lacking sleep. I spent an hour or so looking if Andrea was pregnant. It was her clothes that made me think she was pregnant and she kept slouching/holding her back. That's what got it burned into my memory since I skip so much lol My mistake =.= Thought it was Shane's baby or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He just means that some conversations are light and funny, Madonna having sex with a dog? Hilarious! Your uncle beating your dog then making you watch him molest it? Kinda ehhhh drama lol
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do people hate seasons 20 and 23 of south park?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't know. People hate and down vote everything nowdays. I see it especially on gamestores, like every game has a negative rating, even though they are good games.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    With south park, they speak the truth, whether people like it or not, then peeps get they're panties in a bunch.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    See ya later fr
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Later gator
    +2
  • G @ GamerGatorDoesTech:
    @BigOnYa i thought that was like a specific comment towards me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Lol
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    lol later gator that was good one @BigOnYa
    +1
  • Shgofc @ Shgofc:
    if i think i exist, then, i dont exi...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They started hating later seasons because it turned into half seasons and specials
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People in youtube comments are such dick riders "oh I can't believe he said that to you" clicks on other video "wow this is amazing."
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everyone is triggered nowadays too easy, bunch of pansies.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    1st video- That's why I hate ordering stuff online, if I can just go pick it up myself nearby. Wal-Mart online did that to me years ago, sent wrong item, I went to Wal-Mart by me to return, but noo, I had to mail it back and wait.
    99% of the time ordering online I have had flawless experiences, only time something was messed up, I ordered a big TV from Amazon and it came smashed the box was literally like some one jumped up and down on it, didn't even open it, contacted Amazon sent them pictures, they made me open it and take more pictures, free label to return it and they sent another. So it was relatively painless. But still annoying.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did it just because I don't like you
    Ken you Amazonian Maniac lol
    Cool band name lol
    Their hit song Deliver Us from good, was a banger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine what I'd do if I did like you
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/t1zTwu2R2Ys?si=BqY1TtbKs14wi7z4