• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The US Supreme Court has just abolished Affirmative Action in regards to college/university admissions. Do you believe this is right or wrong?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well he's being prosecuted for ALL of it now, last I heard they're adding another 30 charges to the already substantial pile, and he's got two other criminal cases pending against him; though one has a moderate chance of being dropped. Regardless, he's running out of allies who aren't just sycophantic parasites, and he's running out of lawyers. If he was smart he would've taken whatever plea bargain they were offering, but having spent his entire life gaming the legal and court systems, he figured he'd slip out like a greased pig one more time.

I don't have much more to say on the topic of the SCOTUS affirmative action ruling other than how much it's undercut by their ruling which legalizes homophobia on religious grounds. Particularly because the entire case was fake, a false grievance in which the plantiff's name and information was being used without their consent or knowledge. Either SCOTUS was aware of the deception and ruled on it anyway, which would make those in favor of the ruling entirely corrupt, or SCOTUS didn't do their due diligence on the case, which is grievously incompetent.
It wouldn’t be the first time a court has to suffer the indignity of ruling on a case that’s completely manufactured. If I remember correctly, one of the numerous “gay cake” cases involved a couple that wasn’t specifically looking to be served, but rather was trolling from one establishment to the next, going out of their way to find *one* that’d refuse them. They could’ve been served at a number of locations, but that’s not what they were after - they were looking for a bruising, which seems a bit silly. I can’t quite recall the details, this was years ago at this point, so I’d have to search for it.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
of course its a great thing, thank god the coservatives finally got rid of the racism of the otherside.
Post automatically merged:

Well he's being prosecuted for ALL of it now, last I heard they're adding another 30 charges to the already substantial pile, and he's got two other criminal cases pending against him; though one has a moderate chance of being dropped. Regardless, he's running out of allies who aren't just sycophantic parasites, and he's running out of lawyers. If he was smart he would've taken whatever plea bargain they were offering, but having spent his entire life gaming the legal and court systems, he figured he'd slip out like a greased pig one more time.

I don't have much more to say on the topic of the SCOTUS affirmative action ruling other than how much it's undercut by their ruling which legalizes homophobia on religious grounds. Particularly because the entire case was fake, a false grievance in which the plantiff's name and information was being used without their consent or knowledge. Either SCOTUS was aware of the deception and ruled on it anyway, which would make those in favor of the ruling entirely corrupt, or SCOTUS didn't do their due diligence on the case, which is grievously incompetent.

how do you leagalize a fear?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
how do you leagalize a fear?
It's legalized discrimination, and if you believe it can't come back around to bite conservatives in the ass, you're wrong. The original translated bible didn't even include the homophobic verses constantly being quoted by the right, it instead included passages forbidding pedophilia and child marriage. So if SCOTUS is going to be handing down rulings based on malleable works of fiction, I want my own war eagle from Lord of the Rings.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's legalized discrimination, and if you believe it can't come back around to bite conservatives in the ass, you're wrong. The original translated bible didn't even include the homophobic verses constantly being quoted by the right, it instead included passages forbidding pedophilia and child marriage. So if SCOTUS is going to be handing down rulings based on malleable works of fiction, I want my own war eagle from Lord of the Rings.

well i cant comment on unverified claims, so i cant comment on that, and i dont approve of gene testing on animals, and yes, it was legalized discrimination and it was ended, i agree

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
well i cant comment on unverified claims
Then do a little surface-level research at a minimum and get back to me.

yes, it was legalized discrimination and it was ended, i agree
No, this is a different ruling, after the affirmative action one. Which undermines that ruling, of course, but undermining every ruling is the fact that SCOTUS is now engaged in both the culture war and legislating from the bench. At this point I'm not sure some members of the bench can recall even the constitution's preamble.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then do a little surface-level research at a minimum and get back to me.

No, this is a different ruling, after the affirmative action one. Which undermines that ruling, of course, but undermining every ruling is the fact that SCOTUS is now engaged in both the culture war and legislating from the bench. At this point I'm not sure some members of the bench can recall even the constitution's preamble.

i did, didnt help, and which ruling are you referring to? they are all great.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The racist hate group and domestic terrorist organization known as Black Lives Matter is directly responsible for 100 times more violent crime, arson, burglaries and murders than anything anyone could blame "Trump supporters for".

They have been MIGHTY silent since after the election where Biden "totally got 81 million votes", except for their leaders being called up on criminal charges for misappropriation of funds. They have mansions and haven't accomplished a fucking thing.

But, let's just hate Trump forever. Sounds about liberal.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a racist viewpoint.
Standing against a violent organization that has accomplished absolutely nothing positive since its inception is a racist viewpoint?

If you want to defend BLM, please point to one thing that this group has accomplished that has bettered the lives of any American, besides the people who collect the donations, while screaming openly for violence against white people and law enforcement.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Standing against a violent organization that has accomplished absolutely nothing positive since its inception is a racist viewpoint?

If you want to defend BLM, please point to one thing that this group has accomplished that has bettered the lives of any American, besides the people who collect the donations, while screaming openly for violence against white people and law enforcement.
It hasn't achieved anything positive (except triggering racist snowflakes), because of all the racist pieces of shit that won't give up being racist.

BLM isn't a violent organisation. The violence during the protests was caused by random people taking advantage of the situation. The situation that was caused by the racist pieces of shit in the police and elsewhere.

But please go on.

• Haha
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It hasn't achieved anything positive, because of all the racist pieces of shit that won't give up being racist.

BLM isn't a violent organisation. The violence during the protests was caused by random people taking advantage of the situation. The situation that was caused by the racist pieces of shit in the police and elsewhere.

But please go on.
BLM is ABSOLUTELY a violent organization. Were... were you alive during 2020? Did you miss all of the riots during that summer? They started almost three years ago to the day. A few weeks back, actually.

BLM "activists" "mostly peacefully" rampaged through St. Louis, Minneapolis, Detroit, Chicago and a couple dozen other cities across the US, causing more than two billion dollars' worth of property damage (mostly to black-owned business that got looted and ransacked), and ended up with almost two dozen people murdered. Including a retired black police captain, David Dorn, murdered by a black rioter while he was defending a black-owned business near where he lived.

Also an innocent four-year-old black girl, shot in the head by another black rioter, for the crime of playing in her yard while they were out there "peacefully protesting".

Please tell me all about how peaceful and loving and non-violent this movement is, when the head of the Toronto chapter Tweeted a prayer to Allah that she didn't "cuss/kil any white people today".

Let's hear all about how loving and wonderful this group is.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You seem to be confusing BLM with people who turned up on the day of the rallies.

Do you have any evidence that BLM organisers told people to riot.
You know, like Donald Trump and MTG going on TV and social media inciting the crowds to kill people on Jan 6th.
"People"? No one, as in NO ONE was murdered on January 6th. Not a single murder. Not one.

Would you like to get embarrassed? I would like to embarrass you. Say that someone was murdered on January 6th. Just say it with your full chest. I want you to. It will make my response that more delicious.

After you do that, I will show you ALLLLLLL of the BLM supporters and leaders AND politicians openly calling for violence. And again, I am going to embarrass the living fuck out of you, and you will NEVER say something this stupid again.

But maybe later. It's a holiday. I just wanted you to know that I started my day off laughing at you.

• Haha
Reactions: smf and zfreeman

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You seem to be confusing BLM with people who turned up on the day of the rallies.

Do you have any evidence that BLM organisers told people to riot.
You know, like Donald Trump and MTG going on TV and social media inciting the crowds to kill people on Jan 6th.
"People"? No one, as in NO ONE was murdered on January 6th. Not a single murder. Not one.

Would you like to get embarrassed? I would like to embarrass you. Say that someone was murdered on January 6th. Just say it with your full chest. I want you to. It will make my response that more delicious.

After you do that, I will show you ALLLLLLL of the BLM supporters and leaders AND politicians openly calling for violence. And again, I am going to embarrass the living fuck out of you, and you will NEVER say something this stupid again.

But maybe later. It's a holiday. I just wanted you to know that I started my day off laughing at you.
I don’t see what this has to do with Affirmative Action and the recent SCOTUS decision, so both of you can quit while you’re ahead.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe its right to abolish affirmative action, as there shouldn't have to be an advantage of disadvantage to anyone just based on the color of their skin or origin of their race. If you have the grades and are talented then it makes sense to get into a better school. If you think they are discriminating against you for any number of reasons, just sue and get some easy money, simple right?

Reactions: Foxi4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The racist hate group and domestic terrorist organization known as Black Lives Matter is directly responsible for 100 times more violent crime, arson, burglaries and murders than anything anyone could blame "Trump supporters for".
Bruh literally every day there's a rightie shooting up a mall or club or whatever. Then you've got the twatzis at "Moms for Liberty" actually trying to get fascism taught in schools. Whether you want to be honest about who's to blame or not, there's no denying America has gotten worse every year since Trump was elected president, and every year the political divide has deepened. Shit, SCOTUS is now taking bribes right out in the open, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o