the ups and downs

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

Not sure if all of this blog will earn the exclamation point there, but so help me I'll try. Here's the latest news from casa Blaze.

- There's a thief among the staff at work. It's now confirmed that the missing stock could not possibly have been taken by a customer as items are missing from secure areas where no customer ever treads. Ergo one of my colleagues is a thieving bastard. I have my suspicions as to who it might be but as I have yet to garner concrete evidence to back up my claims I should simply keep my eyes peeled for any further disruptions. Added bonus is if I catch the thief and prove their guilt, I get a £100 cash bonus. And I'm pretty sure I know who it is. Now all I need is the evidence.

- On the other hand, one of the staff who I never got on with is no longer around, one of the others is no longer in any position to give me trouble, and the final irritation that is the lazy gobshite I've grown to detest in recent weeks looks to be getting fired within the next week or two. Now it's just me and the good people left. The ones that work hard. The ones that when they've been asked to hoover will actually remove dirt from the carpets instead of simply rubbing them with the hoover pipe. The ones that answer a customer's call for attention with words other than 'go fuck yourself'.

- I'm poor. I have no money left at all until about the 17th. Bad times. Thankfully I do have my emergency reserve funds, but they're for truly critical problems only. Never to be spent on cheese. I should be ok though. I have everything I should need until pay day.

- I finally fixed my 360's wireless adapter, turns out it was just a dodgy connection at the back. I'm online again at last. Regretably I only have one card for 24 hours of free Gold, so I'm biding my time until I can maximise its use. But once pay day comes around I'm either buying a year's worth of Gold or a PS3, depends how the budget looks.

- I now only have one wayward delivery from eBay, my gloves. Everything else has arrived. My FF Unlimited and Red Dwarf box sets both work, and of course Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. Got myself plenty of decent stuff on a limited budget so I'm happy. Plenty of games to get through, plenty of DVD's to watch, etc. Life's decent at the moment. Added bonus it tastes all the sweeter because I earned every single penny I spent. No more government handouts. Granted, in many ways life on the dole is much easier, but it's not as spiritually rewarding as knowing you've earned what you're eating. In my case battenburg cake, god bless the buy one get one free system
smile.gif

- Still trying to figure out how to fill the rest of my MP4 player's memory. I have an 8GB machine and only about 1.5GB of music. Ideas?

- There is of course news from the relationship sector, but you don't want to hear about that.

- The trick or treaters have finally gotten the message and stopped knocking on my door. Thank the lord. I hate Halloween. Nobody puts the effort into decent costumes any more. When I was a kid growing up in the countryside everyone made bitchin' costumes that could take weeks of careful preparation to look spot on. Now they just sling a sheet over their head and pretend they're ghosts. Or possibly members of the KKK, there's a bit too much racial tension in the street lately and now people with sheets on their heads....
unsure.gif

Anyway, enough for now. Got about an hour and a half before I absolutely have to go to sleep if I want a decent night's kip before a hard day of work tomorrow. Gotta be in by 9:30, so up at 8 at the very latest, and I have over a dozen pages of price ammendments to do on the football section. Oh joy. I much prefer sercing customers, changing prices is so monotonous. And there's next to no human interaction with it. It's lonely and boring work. Still, at least I won't have the pain in the arse staff members bugging me any more
smile.gif

I'm gonna go watch some more FF Unlimited, see if it's any good. Toodles.

Blaze.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Personally i'd suggest not getting involved in rooting out the culprit of the thefts. Sure you'll get an easy £100 but if you're onto a good thing working there it might damage team spirit a bit if you're perceived as a squealer. Why not just talk to the person involved and suggest that they stop because "management" is onto them?

I don't know what music you like but A Wilhelm Scream's albums are pretty great...Ruiner and A Mute Print are good places to start.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
- I'm poor. I have no money left at all until about the 17th. Bad times. Thankfully I do have my emergency reserve funds, but they're for truly critical problems only. Never to be spent on cheese. I should be ok though. I have everything I should need until pay day.
That would be because of the spending sprees?
smileipb2.png

Blaze163 said:
- There is of course news from the relationship sector, but you don't want to hear about that.
Stop telling us what we want.
mad.gif

QUOTE(xist @ Oct 31 2010, 10:45 PM)
Personally i'd suggest not getting involved in rooting out the culprit of the thefts. Sure you'll get an easy £100 but if you're onto a good thing working there it might damage team spirit a bit if you're perceived as a squealer. Why not just talk to the person involved and suggest that they stop because "management" is onto them?
I gathered that it's only one person doing this, and the others behave. I wouldn't have expected any problems in this particular situation.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Odd...the name of the lazy gobshite I hate so very very much has rather conspicuously vanished from the rota...

Yes, my poorness is caused primarily by my inability to ever save any money. I'll get 4 or 5 hundred pounds in a paycheck, pay my bills for the month then spend the rest on random stuff. To be fair I generally get good stuff though. Watching Final Fantasy Unlimited at the moment. Rather enjoying it actually. I thought it'd suck balls but it's really rather decent. The plot's suitably advanced and twisty since I'm 13 episodes in and I still don't know why Kaze's such a cold hearted ass hat (kinda like if Vincent Valentine was even more of a goth), the summon scenes are suitably epic, if a little too frequent, that Makenshi character is supremely badass, and there's plenty of chocobos, ranging from the dancing chocobos in the credits to the armour plated jet propelled super chocobo following the main characters. And if I have to justify watching an armour plated jet propelled chocobo, then that's it, give up. There's no point in maintaining existance any more.

Still waiting on my gloves. Bloody chinese eBay sellers taking ages to deliver my stuff...
glare.gif

As for the lady friend thing, I seriously don't think it's anything worthy of note.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1