Hacking "The system files are corrupted"... yet everything still wor

Sgt Scyther

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figure here is just as good as anywhere. Anyway, every once in a great while (I think it's only happened twice counting the most recent time) I get a message telling me that my Wii's system files have been "corrupted" yet when I turn off my Wii and turn it back on everything is fine. No save files are ruined, nothing on the Wii itself is out of place, my channels are all intact--nothing seems wrong. Should I be worried? Like I said, this isn't a frequent thing. I've only seen it twice so far, both times after using homebrew applications. The first time was when I injected a custom made EarthBound wad to play as a Virtual Console game the second time was just today after I finished playing Disaster: Day of Crisis through the Backup Launcher (I have a US Wii). When I was done playing I went back to the system menu and popped in Punch-Out!! and got the "system files are corrupted" message when I went to start up the game but it worked just fine after I turned it off and back on.

Has anyone else run into something like this?

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If i am correct that is one of the many things that you see when you have a bricked wii. But idk how or why thats happening to you

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Happens to me. Usually when it loads a game wrong or even in the menu itself. I'm not sure.
It happened the most when I was trying to install the Mario Kart channel.
Also, do you have a soft-modded Wii? Because I don't.

Sgt Scyther

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have the Homebrew Channel installed and use the Back-Up Launcher occasionally. For all I know the Wii is getting confused because I'm running games from other regions on it and it was still stuff in PAL mode or whatever after I exited Disaster. I don't really know what to make of it. It's strange, but it really doesn't happen often.

If you don't have any mods done to your Wii I'm not sure why you would be seeing the message though.

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens to me every once in a while.

But my Wii's IOSes are all screwed up, I think, because in my efforts of uninstalling cIOScorp I ran IOS downgrader, that thing that lets you change your sys menu version and then I installed a .wad of IOS9.

cIOScorp is gone (I think) but my wii has become slow, unresponsive, the settings menu doesn't load some times and the corrupt message thing too.

Tux'

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I gotta say is first, install bootmii as boot2 if possible and make a NAND backup, because if you do that and what's happening to you gets worse, you can reinstall your NAND.

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
This happens to me when i skip through the Wii channels quickly.It first started a couple of months ago after i upgraded from 3.2E to 4.0E but everything works fine as long as i don't skip through the Wii channels quickly.

BlackEnigma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Happens to me to although it hasn't happened in quite some time. Just like Fiddlefaddle it happened to me when I go through channels quickly. I also seem to remember it happening if I click on the disc channel than back out and then click on the disc channel then back out.

It certainly scared me the first time it happened (which was before bootmii was out). I went from being scared of it to trying to make it happen. Again I don't remember the last time I saw it.

oops_ur_dead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to be once because my Mario Kart disk was dirty. I guess the Wii read the banner wrong and when it loaded it would be a messed up banner, therefore giving a temporary banner brick. Check your disk just in case.

bdr9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oops_ur_dead said:
This happened to be once because my Mario Kart disk was dirty. I guess the Wii read the banner wrong and when it loaded it would be a messed up banner, therefore giving a temporary banner brick. Check your disk just in case.
Hmmmm... That's an interesting theory. It seems kind of improbable, but I guess that might be why.

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that has only happened to me once , and it when I was trying to install wani's 4.0 update , it said something about sys files corrupted , so I turned it off and back on , and never saw that warning again

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
oops_ur_dead said:
Actually, something similar to this happened to me once. I put in the disk, the Wii tried to load it up, then said "Uh...no." and gave me an error. Turns out there was some crud, dust or something, on the disc.

Fiesty Panda

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happens to me every once in a while too, when I flip through channels quickly, using + and -. Incidently, how would one install bootmii on a LU64 wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.