The Switch Flashcart Thread (Mig Switch/UnlockSwitch etc.)

FnZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
You shouldn't expect it to function the same way as Mig Switch/Flash does, because they claim that UnlockSwitch PBS will be sold blank and clean, without any pre-programmed code. So you will need to flash your cartridge first using their programmer and pc software (Windows-only for now).

retnuh730

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m still confused why they’re conducting themselves in this way if they have a viable product. They aren’t taking preorders, so they do not need money from the community to manufacture these. Why do they need hype/recognition now? They’re in theory selling a MiG switch competitor for 1/2 the price. This thing should sell itself, why all this drama?

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m still confused why they’re conducting themselves in this way if they have a viable product. They aren’t taking preorders, so they do not need money from the community to manufacture these. Why do they need hype/recognition now? They’re in theory selling a MiG switch competitor for 1/2 the price. This thing should sell itself, why all this drama?
I’m convinced unlockswitch is just some 20something year old with too much of daddies money

If we get a good working in the end, that doesn’t matter of course. But like you said the way they are handling themselves is so odd. Sometimes it almost feels like a bot is generating their responses too…but that could be a translation thing

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do wonder if some of the weird tone is translation. On the one hand I can understand, and even respect saying "hey. It's not ready yet. We don't want to ship an unfinished product but we want to get something out there to assure customers we are reaching the end of development."
On the other hand, the tone is all wrong and defensive instead of reassuring

Reactions: Blythe93

FnZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
I’m convinced unlockswitch is just some 20something year old with too much of daddies money

If we get a good working in the end, that doesn’t matter of course. But like you said the way they are handling themselves is so odd. Sometimes it almost feels like a bot is generating their responses too…but that could be a translation thing
It could be an elaborate prank by someone craving attention or someone who lacks confidence in their own product. As far as I know, only the Mig Flash team has working firmware at the moment. I hope people don't end up with bricked consoles if some Chinese group dumps the Mig Flash firmware and it ends up having some nasty DRM.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could be an elaborate prank by someone craving attention or someone who lacks confidence in their own product. As far as I know, only the Mig Flash team has working firmware at the moment. I hope people don't end up with bricked consoles if some Chinese group dumps the Mig Flash firmware and it ends up having some nasty DRM.
I don’t think it’s possible for these to brick any consoles. Unless they do some nefarious hardware shenanigans

Like build in a usb killer design so that the game cart slot charges some capacitors and empties back into the cart slot

Because otherwise we’d need to be able to run unsigned code for something like Pikabrick to happen again
Post automatically merged:

Hey guys I’m a groupie
Post automatically merged:

@linuxares think you’d like this

Also the fact that they waited until I posted that single message shows they have been purposefully ignoring us. Such children

Attachments

• IMG_6867.png
    IMG_6867.png
    568 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6869.png
    IMG_6869.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by TheStonedModder,

Lumpofcoal

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If unlock is that defensive about what the public is saying about it, perhaps they should just hunker down and not say anything till they are actually ready to sell it. If they want to engage in PR, then they should be prepared to receive comments from both ends of the spectrum, both positive and the skeptical. That's just how things work. In other words, less talk, work more.

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If unlock is that defensive about what the public is saying about it, perhaps they should just hunker down and not say anything till they are actually ready to sell it. If they want to engage in PR, then they should be prepared to receive comments from both ends of the spectrum, both positive and the skeptical. That's just how things work. In other words, less talk, work more.
The fact that they said they would delete that dm to me after too says a lot imo

I’m just a groupie for offering to help tho. So what do I know

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Will be a review of the Chinese device «Unlock Switch» for «jack sparrow» games
The price will be around 25 or 29 € I believe
The software is not available yet, so I don't know when I will start to testing the device

1722040020279.png

This is a post of a fellow Colombian, who eve seems do not know what is the device for.

• Haha
Reactions: Blythe93

TheStonedModder

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will be a review of the Chinese device «Unlock Switch» for «jack sparrow» games
The price will be around 25 or 29 € I believe
The software is not available yet, so I don't know when I will start to testing the device

View attachment 449432

This is a post of a fellow Colombian, who eve seems do not know what is the device for.
This seems like a trend. Sending early units out to people that might know less (not trying to knock anyone we all gotta learn sometime )

That’s why they got upset at wololo since he called out the bs and said it was incomplete and untestable instead of these shills standing by it hoping to not get blocked

Than again I guess that’s normal Chinese company behavior.

rayida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sad thing is everyone here, even wololo's article, was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. We took them at their word that they wouldn't attempt to sell until they had viable product in trusted reviewers hands. They haven't tried to sell so far but nor have they put a viable product in trusted reviewers hands. We took them at their word that they would ship a clean product and it would be up to the end user what they put on there, but that needle isn't moving without all parts of the jigsaw being in place. Everyone wants this product to be real, Competition brings cheaper prices, so we were excited by a product that cost half as much. And the talk of listening to community feedback and innovating on Mig's initial design was a positive step too.
Their refusal to work with prominent community members who could vouch for them makes me wonder exactly what they were hoping to get out of their approaches to the owners of GBATemp and Wololo.

But this latest development tells me all I need to know. English clearly isn't their first language, but they know what they're doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: