• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Russian websites are actually pretty good in that regard. And Arabic ones. I guess nobody cares to take them down. As long as you can navigate the website, it´s pretty neat. Or so I was told. Of course I wouldn´t use those sites.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
@subcon959

For Americans if you don't refer specifically
of Russian violence (China is allowed too), you are mudding the waters, being "whataboutist", being fooled by Russian propaganda, and so on.

They care much more for their geopolitical rivals than for peace or justice. That's why there was almost no concern about the Azerbaijan invasion of Armenia. The Yemen bombings killing children right now is not concerning for them too.

That said, the violence from Ukraine authorities, it's people or it's allies is a dwarf near the violence giant from Russia. They killed pregnant women, for fuck sake.

For exemple, I got deeply touched when Ukrainians didn't let black people (many Brazilians were there) leave on the border posts, being utterly racist, but this is a dwarf near Russian atrocities.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lol we've should be grateful to russian they are here providing us with jailbroken games for free
And they could just as easily provide that service from another country, or under different leadership. Putin and his gang of oligarchs gotta go.

They care much more for their geopolitical rivals than for peace or justice. That's why there was almost no concern about the Azerbaijan invasion of Armenia. The Yemen bombings killing children right now is not concerning for them too.
Russia invading its neighbors is enough to get the entire world's attention because it's a potential threat to much of the world. What's going on in Yemen is a civil war, so the US has no right to be picking sides there. Though you're right about the Armenia conflict being largely overshadowed by Ukraine, the US isn't about to deploy to the Middle East again regardless, let alone to countries that share a border with Iran. Therefore it's largely up to the surrounding powers to help bring a resolution to that, we can't continue to be world police forever (not that we ever should've been playing that role to begin with).

Last edited by Xzi,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get the reasoning, but what kind of message does this give?
The message is that pirates refuse to be weaponized & want to distance themselves from a country that fires missiles at maternity hospitals and then lies about it being used by terrorists.

For exemple, I got deeply touched when Ukrainians didn't let black people (many Brazilians were there) leave on the border posts, being utterly racist, but this is a dwarf near Russian atrocities.
Can you provide a link?

There were some Brazilian footballers stuck in Ukraine because planes were grounded & leaving by land was dangerous because of the Russian invasion. I don't see how that is racist???

I also don't think they are doing it right now as it would make little sense to me, but I do know they have done it plenty over the last 8 years so it's not like they are squeaky clean individuals.
You mean when the Ukraine army were fighting against Russian backed separatists who were trying to steal their country and shooting down passenger planes (MH17)?

Russia has been behind this all along. They know what they are doing and it seems to have worked on you.

Last edited by smf,
Reactions: Xzi

annavelichko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
As we speak, thousands of Russian military units are deployed near the Ukraine borders. According to Putin, everything's fine and there's nothing to worry about.

But everyone else seems to do exactly that. Ukraine 's political leaders (at least the president and Kiev' s major) ask the international insurances for help, Biden's issuising warnings of sanctions should it come to an invasion and the EU is asking their citizens to at least avoid going to the region. Belgium's sort of pulling out personnel.

It started rather recently (unless we're talking about the crimea, but that's a different discussion), but I'm now starting to worry about an escalation or even a war.

What's your take on this
As Ukrainan i can say you that situation is relly intense and lots of Ukrainan civillians dying every day. Thats sad, but there is lots of options for foreigners to help Ukraine, just google it. Also i think this obvious to all people except russians, that Ukraine gonna win this war becouse our army is strong and civilains brave and united.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I cannot handle the Russian assets here trying to say that Ukraine isn't being "invaded" or getting bombed.

innocent people, women...children, are getting killed because of Russia's greed to take their land, economy and resources.

To anyone that says this genocide is justified, please withdraw yourself from society and all of humanity and think about what you're saying....unless you're just a piece of shit fascist with no conscience

As Ukrainan i can say you that situation is relly intense and lots of Ukrainan civillians dying every day. Thats sad, but there is lots of options for foreigners to help Ukraine, just google it. Also i think this obvious to all people except russians, that Ukraine gonna win this war becouse our army is strong and civilains brave and united.
Slava Ukraini

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Russia has been behind this all along. They know what they are doing and it seems to have worked on you.
You don't know a single fucking thing about me so get off your high horse.

Just because I support Ukraine against Russia's illegal invasion doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to the atrocities committed over the last 8 years by both sides.

Joker25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
As a Ukrainian I say that everything here is terrible...
I used to live in the capital of Ukraine, but now I have to hide in the west of Ukraine because it's safer here. I never even thought that this could happen... The fact that I got out was very lucky for me. It was March 24th, when at 5 am my sister called me and told me to pack up and get my mom, we were leaving. I was in shock without exaggeration. I wake up my mother and she refuses to go anywhere and does not believe that we were attacked. As a result, after two weeks she realized that everything was terrible and went to her home village, where it was safer. That's to say in brief. If you have any questions, I can answer them. Glory to Ukraine! Слава Укрїні!

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I used to live in the capital of Ukraine, but now I have to hide in the west of Ukraine because it's safer here. I never even thought that this could happen... The fact that I got out was very lucky for me. It was March 24th, when at 5 am my sister called me and told me to pack up and get my mom, we were leaving. I was in shock without exaggeration. I wake up my mother and she refuses to go anywhere and does not believe that we were attacked. As a result, after two weeks she realized that everything was terrible and went to her home village, where it was safer. That's to say in brief. If you have any questions, I can answer them. Glory to Ukraine! Слава Укрїні!
I do have one: is it true that public opinion of ALL russians, not just Kremlin oligarchs, is going down the drain?

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Please stay safe. Putin is a criminal and needs to be taken out

Reactions: Ektif and Xzi

Joker25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I do have one: is it true that public opinion of ALL russians, not just Kremlin oligarchs, is going down the drain?
ALL of the Russian people's brains have been washed with such brazen lies, you can't imagine... Virtually every Russian thinks everything is fine and their men are coming to liberate us Ukrainians from fascism, and they think that all the sanctions other countries are doing is the whole world against Russia.They do not realize that their men are killing peaceful people (including women, even children). In some cities all the houses are completely destroyed, and in Russia on March 18 there was a concert in honor of how good they are, the liberators. They are assholes, not people. Their children, fathers and husbands are dying in droves, and they go to concerts! I have no words to express what bitches they are. Unfortunately, I do not speak English to describe the Russians... I am proud that I am Ukrainian and not a zombified bitch from Russia.
Слава Укрїні!

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ALL of the Russian people's brains have been washed with such brazen lies, you can't imagine... Virtually every Russian thinks everything is fine and their men are coming to liberate us Ukrainians from fascism, and they think that all the sanctions other countries are doing is the whole world against Russia.They do not realize that their men are killing peaceful people (including women, even children). In some cities all the houses are completely destroyed, and in Russia on March 18 there was a concert in honor of how good they are, the liberators. They are assholes, not people. Their children, fathers and husbands are dying in droves, and they go to concerts! I have no words to express what bitches they are. Unfortunately, I do not speak English to describe the Russians... I am proud that I am Ukrainian and not a zombified bitch from Russia.
Слава Укрїні!
That answers my question, thank you. I know it means next to nothing, but I root for you, Zelensky and Ukraine. We only have to hope that something good for you happens soon.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,

Joker25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Please stay safe. Putin is a criminal and needs to be taken out
People there believe him so much that only a few try to do something against Putin, and those who know the truth are afraid! So the only option is to isolate them from the world and take them out by force!
Thank you for your support

Joker25

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
That answers my question, thank you. I know it means next to nothing, but I root for you and Zelensky. We only have to hope that something good for you happens soon.
Thank you for your support! It's a small thing, but it's very much needed for us! But I would also like to add that hundreds of thousands of people have lost their peaceful lives because of Putin, and I am one of them. I was doing fine: I was studying on a scholarship, I had an internship, I met my love, my family was employed. And now everything is terrible: I don't know how to finish my studies under such conditions, my relatives are unemployed at the moment, my girlfriend is hundreds of kilometers away from me (and most likely she will move to America, and we don't know when we will see each other at all). Oh yes also our family had two apartments (type of investment) and now the war began, and money is not so much that would be comfortable to go to another country and build a new life. Thanks again for the support!)

Reactions: Xzi and Taleweaver

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't know a single fucking thing about me so get off your high horse.

Just because I support Ukraine against Russia's illegal invasion doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to the atrocities committed over the last 8 years by both sides.
I know that you misunderstand what has been going on for the last 8 years.

Reactions: Joker25

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Ahem... Is it okay if i ask a more political question? You don't have to answer if you don't want

It's about the cities Luhansk and Donetsk. As a foreigner I hadn't heard about them until they were used as excuse for Russia to invade. They claim its to liberate the oppressed population front (i forgot the name). From my understanding, Zelensky's government considers this group terrorists, or at the very least not representing the general opinion of the area. But at the same time the regions are... Semi independent,somehow?

*sigh* i don't want to excuse Russia in any way, but i also try to understand their motivations. Other aspects are bullshit (like that denazification), but this i find curious. Hence the question :
How were these cities portrayed in local news before this war began?

Thank you for your support! It's a small thing, but it's very much needed for us! But I would also like to add that hundreds of thousands of people have lost their peaceful lives because of Putin, and I am one of them. I was doing fine: I was studying on a scholarship, I had an internship, I met my love, my family was employed. And now everything is terrible: I don't know how to finish my studies under such conditions, my relatives are unemployed at the moment, my girlfriend is hundreds of kilometers away from me (and most likely she will move to America, and we don't know when we will see each other at all). Oh yes also our family had two apartments (type of investment) and now the war began, and money is not so much that would be comfortable to go to another country and build a new life. Thanks again for the support!)
That's so terrible to hear. :(
I know it's not much comfort, but the far majority of people are looking out for you. Things are certainly bad now, but it won't last. Things will go back to normal somehow.

I hope

idontgetit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess that rules out believing any of the propaganda from RT you just posted then.
The Hunter Biden laptop is Russian disinfo. The ginger haired Ghoul from Fallout said so.

Wait until some if you guys find out about Chechyna. White people and they're Muslim? Leftist worst nightmare.

Edit: Israeli news can be surprisingly reliant sometimes.

Attachments

• 1647812702024.jpg
    1647812702024.jpg
    274.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 1647812370588.jpg
    1647812370588.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited by idontgetit,
  • Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
That said, the violence from Ukraine authorities, it's people or it's allies is a dwarf near the violence giant from Russia. They killed pregnant women, for fuck sake.
If you are referring to that children´s hospital: it had been abandoned by civilians and used by the military. But even if it is true, there are two factual problems:
1) Pregnant women die in all wars in which civilians die. You think they don´t die in e.g. Yemen?
2) There was a pregnant woman among the people who were burnt in Odessa. It is possible that she was strangled to death prior to that as the photo suggests.

However, I will grant you that Russians are probably going to kill more civilians than Ukrainian military and private battalions did between 2014 and 2022. So far they might not have, but the war could become even more ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far