• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He did try to invade Iran even after losing the election.
Really? I never heard of that before, but I guess Trump's just sneaky that way.
It's Putin's fault, Trump was just his useful idiot.
Of course he is, that's why Putin waited for Trump to leave office and let Biden get in so he couldn't have a useful idiot in his pocket anymore in power and then invade.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is all nuts, never thought i'd see alt-righters sucking putins dick. guess there is a first time for everything. i mean, we are sitting here with people streaming videos of russians blowing up medical infrastructure on purpose, and people are going calling their leader "Chadimir Putin". it's memerific "wtf i love putin now"

fox news consumers suffering major cognitive dissonance once they figured out fox was an arm of the russian state propaganda.
I support Putin invading a country because he wants more power and him blowing up buildings and killing civilians, and I also support Ukraine getting volunteers from other countries so they can lead them to die and get more money for their cause while they keep their neo nazi battalions safe and sound.

This conflict sure has a clear good guy and bad guy huh? Guess those civilians should shut up and suck it up.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Really? I never heard of that before
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/us/politics/trump-iran-nuclear.html

I can get you several other sources if the New York Times offends your delicate sensibilities.

Of course he is, that's why Putin waited for Trump to leave office and let Biden get in so he couldn't have a useful idiot in his pocket anymore in power and then invade.
Just fucking stop. Trump, not Biden, threatened to withhold military aid to Ukraine, knowing full well Putin's plan was to invade the next year. Trump, not Biden, called Putin a "genius" for invading Ukraine. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms you can levy at Biden without resorting to pulling stuff out of your ass.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ukraine getting volunteers from other countries so they can lead them to die and get more money for their cause while they keep their neo nazi battalions safe and sound.
countries are sending money, arms, supplies, and are offering to provide medical aid to Ukraine. not a single other country is sending actual troops. Russia is losing a war to a country 3.2x it's size, so now lies are being told about other troops being sent in. sucks that Russia can't beat the Ukrainians with their "world class" military. it is up to ukraine to deal with it's far right militia problem, in the same way that it's america's job to deal with our own. imagine mexico invading america to deal with our christian white nationalist neo-nazi problem. this justification for war is just plain stupid.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
nothing unites American Politicos like their Love of War.
So you choose literally the one time that we're all condemning an act of war to point that out? Even the Republicans knew that supporting Putin right now is a bad look, and that says something because they have no shame.

Retro_Mod_Gamer

Niche List Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you choose literally the one time that we're all condemning an act of war to point that out? Even the Republicans knew that supporting Putin right now is a bad look, and that says something because they have no shame.
I speak the truth.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Reactions: Xzi

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/16/us/politics/trump-iran-nuclear.html

I can get you several other sources if the New York Times offends your delicate sensibilities.
Can't even read it since I need a subscription anyways, but I can still smell the faint smell of BS somewhere.
Just fucking stop. Trump, not Biden, threatened to withhold military aid to Ukraine, knowing full well Putin's plan was to invade the next year. Trump, not Biden, called Putin a "genius" for invading Ukraine. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms you can levy at Biden without resorting to pulling stuff out of your ass.
Can't stop the funk my man. But really, he had a 4 year window according to all the people who claimed Putin had Trump in his pocket. If Trump was re-elected, I'm pretty sure he would've rethunk any invasion, but Biden got in, botched the Afghanistan withdrawal to all hell and made a laughingstock of us to the entire world, so yeah, Putin is a genius for invading Ukraine now because he knows the current fuckwit in office can't do a damn thing to stop him without escalating further or making it worse as he usually does! Sanctions on Russian oil? Oh man, I can hear Putin shaking in his boots at that right now. This isn't out of my ass, it's what's actually happening right now. It's not my problem you want to be an ignorant prick about it.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If Trump was re-elected, I'm pretty sure he would've rethunk any invasion
Trump's behavior prior to the election informs what his behavior would've been after the election. Before the election he was attempting to weaken the Ukrainian military, and he was never stingy when it came to complimenting his dream daddy Putin.

so yeah, Putin is a genius for invading Ukraine now
Ahh there we go. Can never stray too far from what Trump is telling you to think, eh? He's a morbidly obese geriatric pedophile with narcissistic personality disorder. Get better role models already.

Sanctions on Russian oil? Oh man, I can hear Putin shaking in his boots at that right now.
The Russian economy and stock market is literally dead, and Putin has repeatedly bitched about the sanctions. I'm not sure what else you expect Biden to do, short of dragging us into World War 3 with a moderate to high chance of total nuclear annihilation. Trump would be more likely to nuke Canada than get into a conflict with his biggest financier, we already saw that demonstrated when he abandoned the Kurds to Putin's brand of imperialism.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Trump's behavior prior to the election informs what his behavior would've been after the election. Before the election he was attempting to weaken the Ukrainian military, and he was never stingy when it came to complimenting his dream daddy Putin.

Ahh there we go. Can never stray too far from what Trump is telling you to think, eh? He's a morbidly obese geriatric pedophile with narcissistic personality disorder. Get better role models already.

The Russian economy and stock market is literally dead, and Putin has repeatedly bitched about the sanctions. I'm not sure what else you expect Biden to do, short of dragging us into World War 3 with a moderate to high chance of total nuclear annihilation. Trump would be more likely to nuke Canada than get into a conflict with his biggest financier, we already saw that demonstrated when he abandoned the Kurds to Putin's brand of imperialism.
Trump never tried to weaken the Ukrainian military - he was using leverage. I didn’t hear the same pearl clutching when Obama withheld aid to Ukraine, Pakistan, Colombia, Philippines, Egypt, Honduras, Mexico, the list goes on. At some point people on the left will have to accept that not everything is Orange Boogeyman’s fault - Biden showed weakness towards Russia numerous times, lifting restrictions on their pipeline and escaping from Afghanistan in a hurry (this one gets blamed on Trump too, even though the Biden withdrawal did not proceed to plan at all). At the end of the day there were two periods of Russian aggression against Ukraine - one under Obama and one under Biden. Trump always held the facade of the guy with the big button, and that worked perfectly fine against both Putin and Kim. It wasn’t “presidential”, he got criticised for cosying up to dictators, but ultimately there weren’t any dead Ukrainians in the streets. The whole point was to create the image of a guy you’d rather be friends than enemies with, and it was effective, like it or not. I also disagree with your take on “praising Putin” - I’ve read the statement and it does not come across as praise, it’s an accurate assessment of a strategic decision. He said specifically that Putin’s brilliant for using a peacekeeping justification, especially given the timing. Putin expected the west’s response to be toothless, and so far the only sanctions are economic, so it is toothless in a way. In slightly different circumstances, ideally during summer, Ukraine could have well fallen by now. Putin’s mistake was rush - complete lack of preparation in case blitzkrieg doesn’t work out. Now we’re weeks into the conflict and western powers had to respond in one way or another - if Putin’s plan worked and Kiev fell within the week, a peace treaty would be drafted by now and nobody would dare to huff or puff about it, just like last time. Ukrainians are extremely lucky that the stars aligned in their favour, and that the Russian military showed every sign of incompetence possible, in spite of having an overwhelming advantage. That’s all besides the point though - the war didn’t start because of Trump and the Ukrainians aren’t winning because of Biden. This conflict revolves solely around Putin and his delusion of grandeur. He misses the good ‘ol Soviet Union. Never trust a red.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
I didn’t hear the same pearl clutching when Obama withheld aid to Ukraine
Yeah let me stop you right there. I don't like Obama, but your making a false equivalency statement.
What Obama did was CONGRESSIONALLY SUPPORTED. As in, you know, got the support of Congress to do that?
While trump did it on a phone call, without Congress permission, without congress coordination. (the president does not control the budget. It's approved by congress) so yeah that's pretty null argument.

Reactions: pustal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2