• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
and they were intending to do the same thing with Taiwan after a "test run" in Ukraine.

one problem with China supporting Russia, China obviously doesn't want areas like Donetsk and Luhansk claiming independence, when they have their own problems with H/K and Taiwan.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
one problem with China supporting Russia, China obviously doesn't want areas like Donetsk and Luhansk claiming independence, when they have their own problems with H/K and Taiwan.
But they didn't declare independence of their own volition, Putin basically declared it for them as flimsy justification to move the Russian military into those regions.

Reactions: KingVamp

KuntilanakMerah

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
yea, everything the US official predicted has come true. At this point, US is just spilling any secrets it hears and IT working to make Public sentiment rally the world ... (minus the standard people, who by the way are neutral.)
lol
meanwhile during trump era Russia didn't have guts to attack anyone
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/597993-trump-tears-into-biden-amid-ukraine-conflict
“And now Biden is crawling around the globe on his knees begging and pleading for mercy from Saudi Arabia, Iran and Venezuela,” Trump said.
ALL hail trump f#ck biden

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch that has to be a hurtful blow to Putin..

You know Kazakhstan, the country that invited Kremlin peacekeepers to stop protest in the country two month ago..
Kazakhstan, the country that the Kremlin considered had its back but Refused to send troops to Ukraine and not sends aid to Ukraine..
At this point Kermlin has not direct support from anyone (Belarus is a puppet state)

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was a very well put letter from the CEO of Odysee:

Odysee & Freedom of the Press: A Letter From Our CEO​

March 14th, 2022579 views

Odysee
@Odysee

We've gotten flack lately for standing up for freedom of the press, specifically for platforming RT and Sputnik.
Here's the thing: what's happening to the Ukrainian people and their country is horrible. But to punish all Russians (and people simply associated with Russia) for this is simply absurd.
Like, Russian hockey players are losing sponsorships
just for being Russian. What sense does that make?

The above is obviously crazy, what's a more difficult sell is what we've been attempting to say:

We are a video platform. We want to allow competing voices in journalism, whether they're CNN, Fox, RT, Sputnik or anyone else, and we aren't interested in telling you what to think. And not in a "it's an important to be a free thinker" way, but in a "no, seriously; we don't care about your political views" way.

Believe it or not, but RT and Sputnik journalists are people too. They not only lost their jobs, but had their reputations as journalists come under fire, being characterised as "corrupt journalists receiving memos directly from the Kremlin."

Is this true? Well, we don't really know anything about the inner-workings of RT or Sputnik, so that's not for us to say.

But even if RT or Sputnik are completely biased and get their talking points directly from Putin himself, we would still consider it important to allow them to be heard, if for no other reason than to have a better understanding of the propaganda being disseminated to the Russian people.

For these reasons, Odysee will not be removing any journalists affiliated with Russian networks or Russian news networks themselves. We support freedom of the press, and this will not change.

Julian Chandra
Chief Executive Officer
Odysee, Inc.

https://odysee.com/@Odysee:8/freedomofthepress:0

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
But they didn't declare independence of their own volition, Putin basically declared it for them as flimsy justification to move the Russian military into those regions.
False. They declared independence years ago. Russia did not recognize it because they were hoping for the implementation of the Minsk agreements (autonomy within Ukraine).

There is a fascnating debate on Politically Provoked (channel banned on Youtube) about Ukraine: Richard Spencer vs Infrared. You can find it on Odysee. So much more nuanced than "Putin/West evil!"

Last edited by UltraDolphinRevolution,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
False. They declared independence years ago.
Bull. There might've been some individuals calling for that, but nobody with the authority to actually make it official. Otherwise Putin wouldn't have needed to declare the regions "independent" a second time recently. And when he says "independent," he actually means "Russian territory."

Reactions: KingVamp

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not understanding, he didn't "wait." The plan was always to invade in 2022, regardless of who the US president was going to be. The whole thing was coordinated with China, because Putin knew he'd need their support, and they were intending to do the same thing with Taiwan after a "test run" in Ukraine. They may well have reconsidered now that they've seen how FUBAR the situation in Ukraine is, or at least I certainly hope they have.

Which is why we had a coup in the U.S. during the election. GREAT RESET!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Which is why we had a coup in the U.S. during the election. GREAT RESET!
*Failed coup. I don't believe in your conspiracy theory, but even if I did, it's a guarantee that the Republican party would also be in on it. So why would it matter who the president is in a two-party system where both parties are right-wing and capitalist?

XDel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Failed coup. I don't believe in your conspiracy theory, but even if I did, it's a guarantee that the Republican party would also be in on it. So why would it matter who the president is in a two-party system where both parties are right-wing and capitalist?

The Republicans were in on it, and besides, titles don't make a man.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we are on a crossroad the same FSB agent leaked that Putin was going to give the West 24h ultimatum to lift sanction or else

Will Putin declare WWIII

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't even responding to you, after all
You were still talking about me, so I responded.
if i was a betting man, i'd say he was expecting trump to get a second term and pull us out of NATO.
If its anything like the UN, would it be really that bad at this point?
You're not understanding, he didn't "wait." The plan was always to invade in 2022, regardless of who the US president was going to be. The whole thing was coordinated with China, because Putin knew he'd need their support, and they were intending to do the same thing with Taiwan after a "test run" in Ukraine. They may well have reconsidered now that they've seen how FUBAR the situation in Ukraine is, or at least I certainly hope they have.
Yes, he did wait, because if Trump was in Putin's pocket from the get go, then he wouldn't have to wait so long to do what he did, it's as simple as that. Everybody called Trump a warmonger and the guy to start World War 3, but look who's in office right now? But it's still somehow Trump's fault, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although @SylverReZ my throat feels normal now