• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Connections everywhere.
Cool random Photoshop Kremlin photoshop Consipircy propaganda (from a User that has never posted or even looks at any threads outside this single one
I really hope @mods would not allow access to Word New Thread for Brand New members Trolls .

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, remind me to never loot in Ukraine.
well to be fair, what your seeing depending on where exactly this is happening and when.. you have to remember Ukraine is in War with a Country 20x its size .
as if this happened in a city that is Currectly under direct Russian attack local Militia are patrolling the streets and tied him up for local police. as Militia will not arrest civilians and are not local peacekeepers.
Under Martial law, looters are lucky not to be shot at, and tieing looters while waiting for police is a great deterrence for other petty crimes.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Yes, they already overthrew a Russian puppet government once before.
A puppet government that stole Russian gas for years and flirted with the EU regarding a single market, prompting Russia to give them even more favorable deals. A real puppet government.
You are either uninformed or lying.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
After all this time and effort, the Russian invasion is only moving backwards: U.S. says Ukraine has pushed back Russian forces outside Kyiv

Their losses are also quickly reaching record levels: Russian losses in Ukraine exceed Soviet losses in Afghanistan

And all Putin's boomer nostalgia tantrum has managed to achieve is to push more countries into the arms of NATO: Finland makes massive shift towards NATO, majority now support joining

Somebody give this dictator the geopolitical Darwin award already.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I admire the more traditional values of Muslim communities
So what, exactly?
Swap out Aisha and Hussein for the Catholic Mary and John.
Abusing your spouse is explicitly forbidden by Catholicism.
I admire the more traditional values of Muslim communities. Swap out Aisha and Hussein for the Catholic Mary and John.
The only racism present in this thread is Russophobia.
Nonsense, Putin stooge. Putin doesn't represent all Russia, and you're a liar if you claim otherwise.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
So what, exactly?
In most things (except cousin marriage). The comma seems to be in the wrong place btw.
Abusing your spouse is explicitly forbidden by Catholicism.
So it doesn´t happen? I`m not gonna go into religious doctrine. That was not the point. The point is that Aisha/Mary chose to escalate in my story. Ukraine is provoking Russia, trying to get Western countries into a conflict with Russia. The US encouraged them. There was a short moment in which the Ukrainian government was actually afraid of war but the barking continued soon after.
Nonsense, Putin stooge. Putin doesn't represent all Russia, and you're a liar if you claim otherwise.
That wasn´t my claim. Putin may be very popular (though the "special operation" is certainly unpopular, especially in its scope) but I was talking about racism. It is rooted in Russian identity and history as a Eurasian nation. Part of Russians resent their Asian ties. Kind of how some mixed-raced people in the US resent part of their heritage. The Ukrainians are perhaps the least Asian Russians. The Neo Nazis in Russia and Ukraine share this sentiment. In Russia, they are kept at bay by the government, in Ukraine their were given free reign. I´ve said it before: The post-coup prime minister (who was chosen by Victoria Nuland to be fit for office in the leaked phone conversation) of Ukraine called Russians sub-humans in 2014 on a governmnt website. A user (which I have put on the ignore list) has used the same term (he said "underhumans") in this very thread without receiving a warning. I have a feeling we couldn´t call other nations subhumans. In light of the Russian attack, facebook has officially allowed special rules to the detriment of Russians and Russians only. Therefore it is a continuation of a modern European feeling of racial superiority.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Therefore it is a continuation of a modern European feeling of racial superiority.
No it's not. It's the understandable anger and frustration of a ukrainian against a population which is either apathetic or complicit to a genocide.

Ridiculous claims of "modern european feelings of racial superiority".

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's the understandable anger and frustration of a ukrainian against a population which is either apathetic or complicit to a genocide.
Hang on a minute, it's one thing if you disagree that it exists but if you agree then you can't justify racism like that.

Also, it's very clear that a whole lot of Russian people are completely against Putin's actions and it's rather unfair to call them either complicit or apathetic.

Edit: Just to add, whoever originally brought up racism clearly doesn't know the difference between ethnicity and race.

Last edited by subcon959,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Edit: Just to add, whoever originally brought up racism clearly doesn't know the difference between ethnicity and race.
Oh oh, don´t be a Whoopie Goldberg. She was publicly admonished (and temporarily sent on "vacation") for saying on TV that the holocaust was not about racism because it was whites killing whites. We don´t use the word "ethnicitism". The difference lies in the zoom level: you, your family, your extended family, your ethnicity, your race, your species (then I guess mammals, vertebrates, DNA life forms).

Sometimes ethnicity is used interchangably with either nation or race. Race does not have a defined number. You could be very broad (e.g. 3 races) or very specific, basically meaning ethnicity.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...omen-refugees-they-are-men-must-go-back-fight

https://theintercept.com/2022/02/24/ukraine-facebook-azov-battalion-russia/

I'm confused here. Do we boycott Ukraine since they deny trans people's rights and tell them they are men and must fight, as well as having a neo nazi battalion in their army, or do we now support this because Russians are clearly the bigger evil in this situation? What's do we do man's!? I must know who to stand up for in my basement!

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...omen-refugees-they-are-men-must-go-back-fight

https://theintercept.com/2022/02/24/ukraine-facebook-azov-battalion-russia/

I'm confused here. Do we boycott Ukraine since they deny trans people's rights and tell them they are men and must fight, as well as having a neo nazi battalion in their army, or do we now support this because Russians are clearly the bigger evil in this situation? What's do we do man's!? I must know who to stand up for in my basement!

1.Depends on what is stated on their legal documents…. Unfortunately

2. E0D59199-C91A-4794-BCB5-F9BE359313BE.jpeg funny Nazis never seem to bother you before…but it’s weird a lot of those Ukrainian “Nazi “ Facebook pages stoped updating around the same time Kremlin banned Facebook… WEIRD . But im Sure they have nothing to do with each other

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you seem to have difficulty with putting ideas together properly, but you can quite simply condemn both.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you seem to have difficulty with putting ideas together properly, but you can quite simply condemn both.
I know, and I have been, but I've still seen people defend Ukraine as if there's no evil in that country either. In my eyes, both Ukraine and Russia, yes that means Putin, are corrupt.

Reactions: Retro_Mod_Gamer

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh oh, don´t be a Whoopie Goldberg. She was publicly admonished (and temporarily sent on "vacation") for saying on TV that the holocaust was not about racism because it was whites killing whites. We don´t use the word "ethnicitism". The difference lies in the zoom level: you, your family, your extended family, your ethnicity, your race, your species (then I guess mammals, vertebrates, DNA life forms).

Sometimes ethnicity is used interchangably with either nation or race. Race does not have a defined number. You could be very broad (e.g. 3 races) or very specific, basically meaning ethnicity.
I'm not aware of whatever happened with Whoopi Goldberg but I think xenophobia and racism do tend to get conflated. I've only ever heard the holocaust referred to as anti-semitic not racist.

Let me ask you this though, can you think of anything that a black person could call a white person that would come even close to the white person calling the black person the n-word, even though it would technically still be called racism?

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see a lot of people condemning both. I do see a lot more people ignoring their existence so they don't have to deal with it.
yea I understand but your talking about made up excuse to Justify the WAR as AZOV has less then NAZI 900 member in 2014.. After Russia attacked in 2014 the membership GREW multiple times by normal Ukrianains not because they were NAZI but
because it was the local Militia that was fighting Russia...

Both Russian (RNU was 100,000 members at one point)
and the US ( with KKK and Ayrian brotherhood alone as 20,000 member)
has way more "NAZIs"
Thats like claiming Mexican needs to take over the USA because the US miliarty has 1,000 Neo nazi in it (true story)
The U.S. Military Has a White Supremacy Problem

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yea I understand but your talking about made up excuse to Justify the WAR as AZOV has less then NAZI 900 member in 2014.. After Russia attacked in 2014 the membership GREW multiple times by normal Ukrianains not because they were NAZI but
because it was the local Militia that was fighting Russia...

Both Russian (RNU was 100,000 members at one point)
and the US ( with KKK and Ayrian brotherhood alone as 20,000 member)
has way more "NAZIs"
Thats like claiming Mexican needs to take over the USA because the US miliarty has 1,000 Neo nazi in it (true story)
The U.S. Military Has a White Supremacy Problem
I'm not talking about the people trying to use it to justify the war, that's obviously ridiculous. I'm just talking about the average person that won't even acknowledge it because they are worried that it might muddy the water.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not talking about the people trying to use it to justify the war, that's obviously ridiculous. I'm just talking about the average person that won't even acknowledge it because they are worried that it might muddy the water.
Yes its the sucky situation but thats the exactly reason Russia and (Kremlin paid bots) want to push as the notion.. , people claim this is a unjust War , the Far Right and Kremlins scream "if your against Russia, then YOUR FOR NAZI"
but we need to just see actually NUMBERS to make sense of it as 900 "nazi" in a sovereign NATION of 42 million is a better ratio then the USA or RUSSIA ( HECK MOST EU countries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share