• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The situation in Ukraine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in amazement they'd even bother displaying it
Im guess there's internal fighting in the Kremlin, as at this point EVERYTHING published in Russia is state sponsored ( they are not risking 15 year in the Prison for publishing non Kremlin approved military info).. so Yea Might be the Russian Military Being Defiant to Putin

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
🤕 ouch.. I gues Ukraine number are not off might be undercounted … guess that’s why Russia is desperate to buy soldiers..

30,000 Russian Soldiers killed and injured in 1 month......
Remember when Rep. tried to shame Biden for 13 lost Soldiers while protecting Civilians leaving Afghanistan
Imagne 30,000 Troops while massacring Civilians lol

Last edited by djpannda,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's a well accepted label. I'm really not getting why you are persisting with this have you temporarily switched sides to the right to allow this cognitive dissonance?
I don't have a side. Maybe that is what is confusing to you.

Your link "label" doesn't mention your label of "extreme right wing murder squad", are you feeling ok??

johnMactavish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
Guys, I'm from Ukraine. It's just awful what's going on... Every day a bunch of air raid sirens, constant bombing and constant deaths of ordinary people. It's just too horrible to be true. I don't understand how this can happen in the 21st century.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, I'm from Ukraine. It's just awful what's going on... Every day a bunch of air raid sirens, constant bombing and constant deaths of ordinary people. It's just too horrible to be true. I don't understand how this can happen in the 21st century.

The insanity, greed and malice of one man who has been in power for far too long.

Reactions: johnMactavish

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
It had to happen, since there's a whole Anti West agenda running, your country was set as target. Get those Soviets! We'll eventually do too

johnMactavish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
It had to happen, since there's a whole Anti West agenda running, your country was set as target. Get those Soviets! We'll eventually do too
You're right, but the main problem is that civilians suffer the most. That's why we need help from the west now. I understand that Western leaders prioritize their citizens and it`s rightly so, but they are so reluctant to get involved that if Ukraine falls, they won't even notice how close they got. But no matter what, Ukrainians are a strong and strong-willed nation, we will survive! Peace to all!

Reactions: Xzi and Coto

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You're right, but the main problem is that civilians suffer the most. That's why we need help from the west now. I understand that Western leaders prioritize their citizens and it`s rightly so, but they are so reluctant to get involved that if Ukraine falls, they won't even notice how close they got. But no matter what, Ukrainians are a strong and strong-willed nation, we will survive! Peace to all!
Yes, you're right. Please resist while the West manages to get its shit together.

Reactions: johnMactavish

Lucaserf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Defending your land from being invaded is much more important than be afraid of the enemies artillery. You represent the typical USA citizen from today very well.
there won't be any fucking land to defend after the radioactive boys come down faster than you can say "Fuck Russia"
IF the west gets involved there will be more deaths and possible nuclear retaliation. People have been saying this for ages in this thread, can you read?

johnMactavish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latvia
there won't be any fucking land to defend after the radioactive boys come down faster than you can say "Fuck Russia"

IF the west gets involved there will be more deaths and possible nuclear retaliation. People have been saying this for ages in this thread, can you read?
First of all, I hope that people are reasonable and will not allow a nuclear war. Secondly, I have expressed my thought, even if it coincides with the thoughts of other people, I think there is nothing wrong with it.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile

We'll manage. Did you have any success chaining yourself at the front of United Nations and screaming for world peace yet?

• Angry

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Who exactly do you think you are to tell Ukrainians to surrender to the Mad Tsar?
In my metaphor, I am the loving family member who tells Aisha not to oppose her husband publicly. In my metaphor, divorce is not an option (as is nuclear war in the Ukraine situation), so she has to live with him somehow. Unless he dies (Russia is not going anywhere in our reality).

You (plural) on the other hand, are cheering her on to defend some higher priniciples, while not actually helping her when she gets beaten up at home.

evidence no. 1
"30,000 Russian Soldiers killed and injured in 1 month......
Remember when Rep. tried to shame Biden for 13 lost Soldiers while protecting Civilians leaving AfghanistanImagne 30,000 Troops while massacring Civilians lol"
= "Aisha just hit him in the face! You go girl! Girl power!" (While Aisha is being beaten, as seen through the webam)

evidence no. 2
"It had to happen, since there's a whole Anti West agenda running, your country was set as target. Get those Soviets! We'll eventually do too"
= "Aisha, Hussein is evil. He will beat you no matter what you do. Go slap him in the face! We will eventuall do, too" (While actually categorically denying any physical involvement)

I rest my case, your honor.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In my metaphor, I am the loving family member who tells Aisha not to oppose her husband publicly. In my metaphor, divorce is not an option (as is nuclear war in the Ukraine situation), so she has to live with him somehow. Unless he dies (Russia is not going anywhere in our reality).

there are holes in your metaphor, divorce is not allowed only in 2 countries in the world, The Vatican and in The Philippines, but I know for a fact there are ways to get around this in the Philippines. so divorce is an option, this is what is going on now, the thug husband (Russia) is beating his partner (the Ukraine) up in public and telling his family (the Russian Zombie public) lies that they are doing great, which they believe for now.

one day Aisha, can no longer take any more of this abuse, and stabs or shoots Hussein in self defence and kills him. The police arrest her, discover the facts and how she was abused, his family is shocked at what he was really like and the lies he told them, the case is thrown out of court and Aisha is FREE.

no one wants to join Russia, the Warsaw pact, the Baltic states, they've all tasted freedom from the KGB b/s, as soon as most of them could they joined the EU and Nato, Russia is in a club where its the only member now, and no one else wants to join.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
there are holes in your metaphor, divorce is not allowed only in 2 countries in the world, The Vatican and in The Philippines, but I know for a fact there are ways to get around this in the Philippines. so divorce is an option,
My metaphor is fictional. I can make up any reason for why Aisha cannot leave Hussein. The fact is, Ukraine cannot leave the Russian sphere of influence unless there is no more Russia. Good luck. The West is trying hard to achieve this (and is therefore continuing the proud traditions of the Nazis who saw Russians as inferior human beings). But I wouldn´t count on it: 6000 nuclear warheads.

one day Aisha, can no longer take any more of this abuse, and stabs or shoots Hussein in self defence and kills him. The police arrest her, discover the facts and how she was abused, his family is shocked at what he was really like and the lies he told them, the case is thrown out of court and Aisha is FREE.

no one wants to join Russia, the Warsaw pact, the Baltic states, they've all tasted freedom from the KGB b/s, as soon as most of them could they joined the EU and Nato, Russia is in a club where its the only member now, and no one else wants to join.
Well, if it is true that Russia has lost 30k troops, Aisha is winning. We will see. As long as it is borderland Russians fighting mainland Russians, all is fine and dandy. Once the Russian threat seizes, Ukraine will just be another eastern problem for the EU. Or do you think the Ukrainians are eager to install special bathrooms and statues of St. Floyd?

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My metaphor is fictional. I can make up any reason for why Aisha cannot leave Hussein.

exactly, Like most of the news coming out of Russia - Fiction

of course the Ukraine can be free of Russia as all the other ex-Warsaw pact and Baltic states countries are free now., The thug Putin, who knows how long he has left either as your President or alive on this earth.

where are All these Ukrainian people welcoming the Russians who came to free them ?

is this what Putin dreamed it would be like ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-60827106

Nazi's :wacko:,seriously out of a population of what 40M, how many are Nazi supporters in the Ukraine?, you think your Russian gov is any better ? , you've no idea, my parents lived under Russian rule, then the Nazis came and then the Russians again, but that will never happen again while their country is in Nato and FREE:)

Crimea, is lost for now, give Putin a minimum part of Donbas and Luhansk, let them have their little Russian republic, Ukraine should then build a border all along these regions, securing Ukraine. next join the EU, I'm sure with conflict in the Ukraine now gone they shouldn't have a problem, and further down the line join Nato.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
where are All these Ukrainian people welcoming the Russians who came to free them ?
In the Donbass.
Nazi's :wacko:,seriously out of a population of what 40M, how many are Nazi supporters in the Ukraine?, you think your Russian gov is any better ? , you've no idea, my parents lived under Russian rule, then the Nazis came and then the Russians again, but that will never happen again while their country is in Nato and FREE:)
I´ve got a better idea than you think. My parents and I lived under Russian rule. It is not my government.
Crimea, is lost for now, give Putin a minimum part of Donbas and Luhansk, let them have their little Russian republic, Ukraine should then build a border all along these regions, securing Ukraine. next join the EU, I'm sure with conflict in the Ukraine now gone they shouldn't have a problem, and further down the line join Nato.
You could have had that (minus NATO) without a war. Now Ukraine will have this offer (or worse) after thousands of deaths, millions of lives ruined and cities in ruin. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta smash em all!