Homebrew The R4 and Final Fantasy IV

Trscroggs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having some stall issues with the English versino of Final Fantasy 4.

After I have gotten the twins my battles lock up almost every other fight. All I get is a double white screen and that's it. I am using an r4 with 1.18 (English) firmware using a US version of the rom. while I did have some issues earlier with the mini-game not resuming with the ds closed, I had no other real game issues before this.

I am not using any cheats, I don't have any cheats at all for this game.

Anyone have any advice to get over the bump?

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Weird, it's fine here.

Try to reformat your card (FAT 32, 64k clusters) after backing up all files. Then just copy over the essential system files and Final Fantasy IV + your .sav. Try and see if it locks up. If it doesn't, copy over the rest of your files.
smile.gif

Dardon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have gotten the dual white screen lock up myself while entering a battle at least twice, but never as much as you said. I use the same R4 version too, also which US release version are you using? Remember there's the non-scene dump and the iND. Rumor has it on another forum that the non-scene dump may freeze.

I suggest you try the iND dump, or if you are using that dump, try another copy from somewhere else and see if that helps resolve anything.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, let me add that I use iND's dump, so that may be also the problem, like Dardon said.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: