OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know about you folks, but back when Pepsi Blue was released I was an addict. To the point where since its discontinuation in North America in 2004 I have thought about it a minimum of once a week. It haunts my dreams. I imagine this must be what a recovering drug addict feels like, a craving that sits in the back of your mind at all times, goading you forward. Except in my case my drug of choice no longer exists in this region.

Now there were really two groups when it came to Pepsi Blue, those that loved it so much that they are still pining for a re-release, much like myself. On the other side of the spectrum were people that despised it so wholeheartedly that they physically wished its complete and utter destruction. There was rarely a middle ground, you either liked it or you didn't. Personally I can understand disliking something, but to the point where you wish even the people who did like it no longer had access is a bit extreme. Why not just... not drink it? Even so, it was really that polarizing.

For those that remember it fondly, the flavor was, well, sweet to say the least. It was a mixture of blueberry and raspberry flavoring (or "berry fusion" as the marketing campaign would like us to say), mixed with a slightly less sweet cotton candy flavor and just a hint of cola. Though not necessarily a Pepsi flavor, despite the name.

I have more or less given up on the idea of getting a hold of my precious, seeing as I don't plan to take a trip to Malaysia any time soon, one of the few markets in which it still exists. I would however be open to alternatives. So does anyone have any ideas on how to replicate the flavor short of buying the recipe from Pepsi Co. and manufacturing it myself? Even better would be a closely-flavored alternate drink.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's all yours for the low low price of $50 per can
biggrin.gif

http://sodafinder.com/products/pepsi-blue

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Never had Pepsi Blue.. I do crave for Coca Cola Vanilla tho, but it's not avaible anymore in the Netherlands..
And in the city's in germany close to the Netherlands its not avaible either..

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://sodafinder.com/products/dn-l

Lol DNL. Easiest name change EVER.

Wabsta said:
Never had Pepsi Blue.. I do crave for Coca Cola Vanilla tho, but it's not avaible anymore in the Netherlands..
And in the city's in germany close to the Netherlands its not avaible either..

You mean this deliciousness that is in my fridge RIGHT NOW?
What would happen if i tried to send you a box? Would customs let it through?

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Gee, what else are we missing?!

- Mountain Dew Pitch Black
- Pepsi/Coke Lemon
- Pepsi/Coke Lime (I realize it's in diet; not the same)
- Surge
- Jolt
- Tab
- DnL (thanks BortzANATOR for reminding me about that.)

I weep everyday for my fallen friends.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.