• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

The Queen is dead, Long live the King

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I didn't know the American flag had black, grey, and two shades of red in it.

Hey, what'd she inherit again? And what power did she have over it? :^)

Not to get involved but if you don't mind me asking, were you born stupid or did someone drop you on the head as a child?

1662821627932.png

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Not to get involved but if you don't mind me asking, were you born stupid or did someone drop you on the head as a child?

View attachment 326587
We're talking about an user believing that making a circle with your thumb and index finger below your waist is a nazi symbol and totally not a stupid children game that millions of kids did at school worldwide in the 90s and 00s.

Reactions: Acid_Snake

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
as i said in my previous post, colonialism ended years before her reign
There's zero point trying to educate these ignorant people, it's completely pointless. One day these people will breed and the only hope for the the long time survival of their family tree is that the person they breed with has better DNA than them and the offspring will inherit that, If not nature will just make them extinct - which if I am honest, will be no great loss to the human gene pool.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
We're talking about an user believing that making a circle with your thumb and index finger below your waist is a nazi symbol and totally not a stupid children game that millions of kids did at school worldwide in the 90s and 00s.
I mean dog whistles are a real thing. That doesn't mean you should stop using them though. If we let racists co-opt everything we like we'd have nothing less. They love taking innocuous things like the OK hand symbol and repurposing it because most people are completely oblivious to why they're using it. Hence the name dog whistle. You only see it as a racist thing if you know racists use it, so racists can use it to identify each other in public while members of the general public who aren't chronically online, "normies", would have no idea. Hell using dog whistles more often is probably a good idea because then it makes it harder for racists to figure out who is a racist and who's just using their co-opted symbol for its original purpose.

This is entirely off topic though so I'm going to shut up. I just think that user from before is looking like a bit of an idiot over what they said.

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I hope Princess Diana is kicking her ass before sending Elizabeth II down to Hell.
Princess Diana has now been recycled and has most likely turned into rain and some nutrients for plants. As she is now without a body and therefore a pair of legs, she won't be kicking anything or anyone as she no longer exists. The only thing that exists about her is a memory in someone else's head and a few pages in books and some bits of data on the internet. Once humans are extinct or we have a big war and all of mankinds history is lost, she will be lost to time as nearly everyone is.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Princess Diana has now been recycled and has most likely turned into rain and some nutrients for plants. As she is now without a body and therefore a pair of legs, she won't be kicking anything or anyone as she no longer exists. The only thing that exists about her is a memory in someone else's head and a few pages in books and some bits of data on the internet. Once humans are extinct or we have a big war and all of mankinds history is lost, she will be lost to time as nearly everyone is.

So you are saying that Princess Diana could exist until the end of time as we know it. And we can be her legs. Love the optimism!

Reactions: sombrerosonic

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only thing I'll say here -because I've seen enough horrors on twitter- is that if you wish an "excruciating death" for a 96yo woman you lose any credibility to talk about people toxicity, justice and you lose the right to throw the victim card.

Because it really takes some balls to pretend fighting for a better world when deep down you're just vile and full of hatred.

Hate the monarchy, capitalism all you want, but it stops there. She's not Hitler. In fact she was alive and fighting against him, most of us would have ran away from the bombs. Drop the non-sense and absolutely trying to apply 2020s logic to what happened decades or centuries ago. By that same logic every descendant of Europeans should die an excruciating death.

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll spare you the lengthy paragraphs I typed up and just say that I think this article is worth reading for people jumping to condemn Uju Anya, though this article really only skims the surface of things it's at least a start, and it's one of the few mainstream news media outlets defending Anya against criticism.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...iticism-britains-legacy-colonialism-rcna46942

Democracy Now had a pretty good video about Elizabeth's reign as well, with a variety of experts contributing to discussion.

It's clear that no one here mourning her passing has studied much history of her 70 year reign and prefers to see her as a sweet, harmless little old lady with no power or influence over government. But that's simply not true at all.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll spare you the lengthy paragraphs I typed up and just say that I think this article is worth reading for people jumping to condemn Uju Anya, though this article really only skims the surface of things it's at least a start, and it's one of the few mainstream news media outlets defending Anya against criticism.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...iticism-britains-legacy-colonialism-rcna46942

Democracy Now had a pretty good video about Elizabeth's reign as well, with a variety of experts contributing to discussion.

It's clear that no one here mourning her passing has studied much history of her 70 year reign and prefers to see her as a sweet, harmless little old lady with no power or influence over government. But that's simply not true at all.

Oh I know exactly what they're feeling. These commentators -highly skilled for the most part- are all living in western countries where they're given the platform to express these feelings. They are written in English, big deal, and so it enables them to reach and influence a whole lot of people that way.
The issues they're referring to have been on the spotlight of social discussions in the recent years. And by itself that's a good thing.

Being indifferent is one thing, refusing to mourn is one thing. Hating on the monarchy as a system is absolutely fair. But there's no excusing violence with more violence.
"I think when people voice those views, they're not thinking specifically about Queen Elizabeth," Smith said in a telephone interview from London. "They're thinking about the British monarchy as an institution and the relationship of the monarchy to systems of oppression, repression and forced extraction of labor, and particularly African labor, and exploitation of natural resources and forcing systems of control in these places. That's what they're often responding to. And that's a system that exists beyond the person of Queen Elizabeth."
That is not true.
The remarks specifically targeted the Queen, the day of her death, in multiple occasions and even within the article itself.

And please don't go and saying that these are just words and words can't be violent. Because I swear this is gonna open its own can of worms.

There are millions of living people today that are still deeply traumatized by what happened during World War II, for which the Queen took active part in. And there's millions of children from people who committed crimes against them still alive today. You don't see them hating and wishing violent death upon them. And you don't because we all understand that while it was an absolute tragedy, healing comes with remembrance, not spite and not vengeance.

And people who wish for pain of suffering on a 96yo woman loved by millions aren't doing it for remembrance, they do it out of spite.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Princess Diana would be Queen if she was alive.
Exept she wouldn't as she had divorced Charles in August 28th 1996 and as part of the devorce she was given the title the Princess of Wales with the understanding this would not change if the Queen died and that she would lose the title if she ever remarried anyone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: so i can rest peacefully