The PSV is Region Free!

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
ilman said:
why do I have the feeling nintendo is going to lose this generation?
Because you are one of those people who judges a book by its cover only.
rolleyes.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ilman said:
It won't.

Even if the 3DS were to lose out to Vita (which is also very unlikely even though it is not as powerful and priced the same), Nintendo will still have Wii U, which is considered to have features quite similar to Vita, to back it up.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ilman said:
We wont know anything till its out and selling
wink.gif

I am quite sure the VITA sells will top the 3DS. I mean almost everyone is dissapointed about the 3DS price, when comparing it to the PSV.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tanveer said:
ilman said:
We wont know anything till its out and selling
wink.gif

I am quite sure the VITA sells will top the 3DS. I mean almost everyone is dissapointed about the 3DS price, when comparing it to the PSV.
What I'm concerned about Vita now is:
1. In the long run
2. Easy-to-use interface?
3. Game prices

The Vita may impress at first, but in the long run how? Many games might be out on day one and game sales may be better than expected, but how about in a year or two years time? This, I'm extremely worried.

LiveArea interface, easy-to-use? User friendly? So far I've used it's quite okay, but compared to the 3DS interface it is more difficult. Hopefully at launch this will change.

Game console may be cheap in US, how about the rest of the world? The 3DS launched in the US for $249.99 but $399 in Singapore, and the Vita is also expected to go on that route (based on my conversation with my dad's friend who works in Sony Singapore) as well. The 3DS, because of this, didn't sell as well as expected in Singapore and hence slumped to $339. Game prices? The console may be cheap but what about games? That we can only tell later.

3DS may depress first, but later it will be a change. Vita, if in the long run no problems, it should be fine.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. In the long run - Now, do you know the 3DS's future? Sony is getting a lot of developers involved into this and the third party stuff looks impressive. Look at the 3DS 3rd party
blink.gif

2. Easy-to-use interface? - Are you kidding me? The interface wont need programming skills, but rather basic reading skills -.- No need to even bother wasting time thinking about this.
3. Game prices - That "could" be something to think about. But we wont know till we know
wink.gif
. Sony may have learnt their lessons after all and price it reasonably?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
1. In the long run - Now, do you know the 3DS's future? Sony is getting a lot of developers involved into this and the third party stuff looks impressive. Look at the 3DS 3rd party
blink.gif

lol bro what's wrong with the 3DS's third party support?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Tanveer said:
blink.gif

2. Easy-to-use interface? - Are you kidding me? The interface wont need programming skills, but rather basic reading skills -.- No need to even bother wasting time thinking about this.
3. Game prices - That "could" be something to think about. But we wont know till we know
wink.gif
. Sony may have learnt their lessons after all and price it reasonably?
1. Third-party support at launch and possibly for about a year of it's lifetime. How about after that? That's what I worry. Also, Sony's 1st party lineup compared to Nintendo's isn't really that 'popular' and about 80% of the games on the PS3 and possibly Vita requires 3rd party support. I hope Vita won't end up like PSP... Great lineup of devs and games on day one but after a year or so goes down.
closedeyes.gif
What's wrong with Nintendo's third-party? It has a better variety of RPG, a little shooter and adventure. I don't see anything wrong with it besides maybe some hate.

2. You are wrong. Just do a comparison like Android OS and iOS. There are differences and not just 'basic reading skills'.
wink.gif

3. Like what I've said, they might have learnt their lesson for the US market, but maybe not for the rest of the world. Sony Singapore is one example. WTF, an Xperia Arc for $588 with a contract and a 3D TV for $5688 when its Samsung counterparts are only about $3988? PS3 bundle for about $759? That's extreme!
frown.gif

Not to flame you or anybody though, and no offense to anybody.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I really want to see this one do better but I'm waiting to play some games before I make any real judgement. Almost everyone has some form of DS and I've only seen 2 PSP's outside of shops. Hopefully this one will have some more true handheld games on it and less cut down home console games.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Even if the 3DS were to lose out to Vita (which is also very unlikely even though it is not as powerful and priced the same), Nintendo will still have Wii U, which is considered to have features quite similar to Vita, to back it up.

Awesome, we get a console with features equal to a handheld. Aren't they so advanced!
dry.gif

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Region Free should be mandatory on an HANDHELD console you can take with you anywhere in the world.

Kudos to Sony on this point.

Sony does what Nintendon't.
laugh.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
boudincaca said:
Region Free should be mandatory on an HANDHELD console you can take with you anywhere in the world.

Kudos to Sony on this point.

Sony does what Nintendon't.
laugh.gif
I have to agree on that. Having a handheld with regionlock makes little sense
unsure.gif

Lets say we go overseas and walk into a game shop.. but cant buy anything because it wont work on our handheld -.-

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Guild McCommunist said:
chris888222 said:

Awesome, we get a console with features equal to a handheld. Aren't they so advanced!
dry.gif
Can say so... but that's the controller i'm referring to.
mellow.gif

Anyway, 3DS region lock is quite a dumb idea... but it is done for exclusive SpotPass content distributions (at least that's what's stated on Nintendo's website)

Now I just hope that Sony Singapore don't go crazy... HOPE
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...