Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Batman Arkham City
>A slightly younger audience
You're joking, right?

Well there was also Brave and the Bold which was pretty good and was aimed at a younger audience than Arkham Asylum/City.

I'm assuming that's what he meant.

When I said slightly younger audience the keyword is "slightly". Let's say that the default audience for a so called hardcore audience is 18+. slightly younger than that would be at least 16+ which is why I used Arkham Asylum because it's a teen rated game that pushes that rating. Not so appropriate for someone between 11 and 15 but IMO 16+ is OK

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's say that the default audience for a so called hardcore audience is 18+.

Like you weren't playing Perfect Dark when you were 14 :P .

I did play it when I was in high school but at the time GameStop also didnt force their employees to sign a form about not selling M rated games to under aged players. Times were different.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country

I did play it when I was in high school but at the time GameStop also didnt force their employees to sign a form about not selling M rated games to under aged players. Times were different.

Several times when I was a teen, when I shopped in HMV or Game and I went to buy a game, if they pointed out it was underage I'd go "Oh, nevermind, I'll leave it then" and they'd look around and scan it anyway like "Nevermind".

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Several times when I was a teen, when I shopped in HMV or Game and I went to buy a game, if they pointed out it was underage I'd go "Oh, nevermind, I'll leave it then" and they'd look around and scan it anyway like "Nevermind".

Cool beans but when I was an assistant manager of GameStop, they took that stuff seriously and would fire you over that.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The touchscreen controller still has all the buttons and stuff of a regular Playstation/Xbox controller, just with a screen in the middle.

They don't have to use the touchscreen and if they want to, just map something like menus to the touchscreen. It's not that hard.
That's basically what I was gonna say... The Upad is quite literally the exact same as the Pro controller, just with a different shape and a touch screen added. There's literally no reason to NEED to include the pro controller with the console that way. It would just drive up the price unnecessarily.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There's no reason for the Pro controller to come with the WiiU, the tablet controller has the same buttons as other people have said, so it can function exactly like the Pro controller, just with a bit of added weight.

Reactions: 1 person

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Even though the game pad has all the buttons that the xbox and ps3 controllers have it won't feel the same as using the pro controller. I'd like the gamepad more for relaxing games, but for games like Call of Duty and ZombieU I'd rather have the traditional dual stick controller to use, or the wiimote and nunchuck :P

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Even though the game pad has all the buttons that the xbox and ps3 controllers have it won't feel the same as using the pro controller. I'd like the gamepad more for relaxing games, but for games like Call of Duty and ZombieU I'd rather have the traditional dual stick controller to use, or the wiimote and nunchuck :P
True, but what the OP is saying is that 3rd parties will feel "pressured" to make games that use the touch screen because the Wii U won't come with a supposed "standard controller". And I'm just saying that makes no sense since the Upad can do literally EVERYTHING the pro controller can.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.