The Physical copy of "Overwatch" for Switch DOES NOT Come With A Cartridge!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
overwatch-switch.jpg

That's right folks, it's just a full download code inside. Such a bummer for those cart collectors. BUT!!! It DOES come with a 3 month Nintendo Switch membership for one! So that's nice.

Sources: HERE and HERE

Reactions: IncredulousP

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No cartridge? No buy. It's an online game, so there's little chance it'd find its way into my collection, anyways. Online gaming isn't for me. But an empty box is just stupid.
I'm willing to bet they're doing it as a cost-saving measure, considering the hot water they're in at the moment. (Activision/Blizzard)

Reactions: vinstage

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do we know the file size yet? I know some people buy physical because a lot of third-party games on Switch take up massive amounts of space. This still sucks for physical purists but it won't be as big of a deal as long as the file size is reasonable.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Do we know the file size yet? I know some people buy physical because a lot of third-party games on Switch take up massive amounts of space. This still sucks for physical purists but it won't be as big of a deal as long as the file size is reasonable.

You forget the other reason why people may prefer physical is the DRM.

I'm willing to bet they're doing it as a cost-saving measure, considering the hot water they're in at the moment. (Activision/Blizzard)

I doubt that the latter is the reason, chances are this decision was made long ago.

Reactions: x65943

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont mind this one since PS4 is not hackable yet with this game. However, online ? LOL. I will play offline instead.. Dont care about online.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont mind this one since PS4 is not hackable yet with this game. However, online ? LOL. I will play offline instead.. Dont care about online.
Uh, good luck getting past the main menu I guess... Since there's no single player missions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over