Nintendo Switch cartridge insert mark (right side)

I barely post anything but it is a big issue for me, and I have tried to keep googling around, and found out only few (3<x) mentioned same issue as I did (but no further investigation), Therefore, I post here as a record for people who may have a same concern as I do.

Have you ever noticed that a brand new cartridge comes with no marks on the plastic shell (NOT the cooper strips). I didn't because I didn't have to, it has 0 issue with my launch day switch, my kid's v1 switch, and my wife's v2 switch which they are all made in China until my friend borrowed one of my physical games and returned. Then I noticed that there is a nonnegligible mark that I have never seen before on the right side of the cartridge, the grooved side.

Lately, my kid's v1 switch dropped in bath, and I had to try to get another v2 (OLED is bad for eyes, sorry), and I figured out that the marks on the cartridge is actually done by the cartridge slot which the switch is made in Vietnam (plastic they use for Vietnam ver of switch feels much softer, matte).

I did teardown both, and found out that Nintendo has refreshed same design of the cartridge slot, and I believe that manufacturer in Vietnam or wherever it is in a Vietnam ver of switch v2 did the opposite way to bend the metal piece inside of the cartridge slot which it is supposed to lock the cartridge when it is inserted.

When you cut a small piece of mental, the cut edge may be bend and sharp. The China ver manufactured as edge hidden and bend to inward, the Vietnam ver is outward, it scratches the cartridge and leaves marks on it.

Thank you for reading my bullsh*t and I just want to keep my cartridges nice and clean.
AND I am mad for weeks till now.

Reactions: TinaNinja

TinaNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, how sensitive you are.
Don't worry about your cartridges, the next generation Nintendo console will come soon😍🔥😍

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto