1. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    I agree it is pretty weird for them to cheap out on the cart, but then not be cheap enough just to leave out a "physical release" altogether.
    With that logic, we shouldn't own anything. Not to mention, hand-me-downs are a thing.

2. BLsquared

BLsquared Game Programmer

United States
    Well, I still have yet to play this game, although I look forward to it. If the port is good, maybe I'll get it when I finally get a switch. I do feel like this is better as a PC style game for me, though. I'll have to see. Good to see more things on the switch, nonetheless.
    Stinks there's no cartridge, as I much prefer those as well (I specifically tracked down the cart for Striker Pack and Shovel Knight 3DS, lol). The game would be too big, is my guess. Hmm.

Last edited by BLsquared, Feb 1, 2020
  3. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    case rests

4. 2short

2short GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    This game is just a big meh.
    Most disappointing game I played last year.

Bladexdsl likes this.
  5. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    I'm soz mate I think if you ask anyone here saying first playthrough you did in 7 8 hours prob on the pathetic easy level lol then Yr not having fun with the game-just rushing through it-so I'm guessing yr one of those guys who play any game even if don't like just to get trophies like tht sad idiot hakoom and roughdawg who even admitted it he plays games they don't enjoy just to get trophies now tht is sad lol if I'm wrong correct me but I will say tht anyone who starts a game on Easy so they can get trophies quicker should look at themselves and think how sad is tht

6. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

but even if they do that it's essentially then a transferable download code, and that mitigates most of the download only gripes, you can sell it, trade it give it to a friend/family member when your finished and they can actually use it, with a download code only, you get none of those options, dont get me wrong I'm not a fan of the day 1 required patch to play but at least it's a middle ground

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    i'll be amazed if this runs at 25 fps on the switch :P

8. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Troll be trolling heavy. Like anyone cant look at your post history and see that. Just keep taking the unpopular side and keep trying might work on someone one day. As far as my play style its mine dont like it go fuck urself. Ive only 100% 3 games and its because i like them. If i didnt i got plenty of others to play.

9. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

United States
    they are trying to meet collectors half way.

10. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Surely you jest, kind amigo.

In a world where you desperately need to put a stop to waste, selling a boxed download code is nothing but downright stupid.
    There is no logical explanation for it. I'll call Trump to bombard that people's office in order to sterilize the world of stupid people.

11. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    I don't troll I mostly reply to what I see as people complaining all the time and if they complain about something then they should expect a complaint back be it in a healthy as can be debate - all I'm saying tht anyone who plays on easy just to get trophies quicker thts possibly the saddest thing someone can do in a game

12. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    You're one of the 0.0001% that didn't like this masterpiece

Who are you to tell other people how to play their games? Nice if you have the time to play every game on ultra hard, fail at the same spots fifty times and retry - that is just artifically stretching the game time. Doesn't change the fact that the main story is merely 6-8 hours long, including cutscenes. It's still very good, I don't deny that, it just doesn't have that much content. No wonder you put 40 hours into this game that way. Get a girlfriend or go work regular hours, then you understand why people might want to play on easy but still enjoy the whole story, just in a whole lot less of time. You're the pathetic one here if you scoff others for that.

Last edited by wurstpistole, Feb 1, 2020
  13. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    I said anyone who plays on easy just to make it easier to get trophies thts pretty sad - I hav no issue of someone wants to play a game on easy if ther not bothered with trophys and who said anything about ultra hard lol basically anyone beating this game in 7 8 hours are not actually trying to play the game ther just trying to get it over with

14. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    It's not longer, really. Get over it

15. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Great, more digital only games to take up space on the MicroSD. That's why I buy everything I can physically. That, and I just like having a physical copy of the game.
    It's likely going to take up a lot of space on the SD too. At least more than 32 GB otherwise they'd use a cartridge.

16. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Devs making games with physical covers but no discs/carts are all lazy

17. Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

United Kingdom
    The game is... Ok, I certainly love its choices, at times it does have you question the morality behind the characters, and the weight of your actions, but it's definitely not as memorable of an experience from beginning to end as New Vegas was, which I must admit was hard to begin with seeing as NV is now a classic nostalgic piece of art too many.

However nostalgia aside, Obsidian still didn't hit the mark, games like this should be 100+ hours of content farming, and exploration on top of story, and lore, and not at a stretch 30 hours... It seems like they didn't have enough funding to handle something this big, or they was made to rush it out to market, shame.

18. 2short

2short GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    A lot of people found it too easy and very cramped. Inventory management was shitty, too. Look on metacritic.
    I'm not saying it's a bad game, but I was expecting a 9/10 and got a 7/10. Which is dissappointing to me.

19. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    I was only a bit disappointed when I discovered that three of the planets on the map aren't accessible at all, which is probably just preparation for upcoming DLC. It ended very suddenly. Otherwise it was a quite enjoyable experience, close to New Vegas back in the day, only shorter

20. 2short

2short GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    New vegas was by far a superior game, definitely a 9/10. It felt bigger and more challenging in every way, I just plowed thorugh the outer worlds without dying once. Meh.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - announced, Nintendo, release