Gaming The Official iXtreme LT Thread: It's Officially Out!

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
lets just say an old i.e. wave 3 street fighter 4 burned game doesnt have the ssv2, can it be copied to pc and patched or does the retail game need to be dumped again with ssv2?

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Salamantis said:
Maz7006 said:
Salamantis said:
Woooooooo!......

.....I still don't know if I should flash it. I survived the last ban wave.

Survived as in how? You just never went on Live? Chances are your 360 is flagged in the first place
Well I only played a few games, plus my dash version was old, plus it was off for like 2 months before the ban wave, and now I've been playing MW2 a *lot* and nothing bad has happened. So I'm assuming I'm safe.

In this case,I think we can confirm that most of us got flagged somewhere around 2 months before the banning started.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ssv2 is not mandatory just nice to have.

You should be able to rip from a disc- standard imgburn read should even do it (you can test them after all). SS patching/manufacturing has been part of the tools for a while though, whether ABGX360 (the main source of such things) will do it for you or not is a different matter.

Layer break: setting it via IMGBurn is optional as the .dvd file that should come with every release (and likely be auto generated with ABGX360.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.xboxhacker.org/index.php?&topic=13854.0 has it in some more detail than I care to tap out right now but

Wave means nothing as of LT and the 1.6 NS firmwares- wave changes are the fault of the disc layout deviating from the previously known standards which could be an error with the disc so the drive firmware flags it and says no thanks.
LT removed the checks and NS bypassed them. At present we have seen 6 waves, what was said was older stealth sector ripping methods (namely the kreon firmware) could trouble the latter 4 waves.
Ripping tools and the scene (I can not speak for p2p sourced stuff but I will take the opportunity to swipe at them) have more or less opted for 0800 for a while now (certainly since wave 3 hit which if you read the link was the "trouble"). The issue for the tin foil hat types among us was/is that SSv1 (Kreon source) and SSv1 (pre ix 1.6 0800 firmware source) are unable to be split apart.

Just to make it clear SSv1 (be it kreon or older 0800 version) and SSv2 is a ripping thing (stealth/security sectors themselves are a disc mastering thing that burners have a hard (read impossible) time replicating properly, it is called SS here and is a very similar concept for most of the optical media protection methods on the PC)- in the simplest sense the hacked firmware has to redirect calls for this data which would normally be on the disc to a new location at the end of the disc and/or helps generate responses (this response thing was part of the new "timings engine" LT got).

"doesnt injecting it modify the iso"
Possibly, it might do nothing- you could well be overwriting with the "same" data. Your PC will probably still end up doing work as you will have either forced it or be subject to ABGX360 being a somewhat "dumb" program.

Long story short if you are using LT and ABGX360 says good and it is splitvid then you should be good to go. If you are exceptionally paranoid then by all means follow that guide and inject some SSv2 data that you got from the ABGX360 site if it is there.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
most of the games already have a ssv2 file, even older games like hitman and splinter cell.

im not risking another ban by using ssv1 files, always ssv2+splitvid from now on
smile.gif

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks fast
darksiders didnt verify using the guide it was patched verified and burned, although the burn ring looked slightly smaller

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
That would be a twist on the disc quality/jitter measurements- in theory (and most measurements) pressed discs will have less noise (jitter) than burned discs. In and of itself it means nothing- the measurements can be replicated by heat, a badly calibrated (including knocked) laser, a dying laser diode, vibration, a bad motor/clamp, the 360 not being level- wobble in the disc, wobble due to bad pressing (it happens more often than you care to know), scratches; dirt and grease on the disc and I could go on and on listing causes. Indeed about the only thing I would really note is a buffer under run- while protection will save your disc as far as a PC drive is concerned it will not necessarily save your disc as far as the 360 is concerned. I am of the opinion here that if it works OK on the 360 then carry on.
Similarly jitter is part of the nature of drives and one of many things that was accounted for when first making them (or indeed not accounted for hence the early/cheap drives as well as console drives being useless or touchy about media) as well as being applied in these very circles (you can read about security sectors and angles elsewhere (ABGX360 startup screen being a good start) but by the time the 360 proper sees them they will have been tweaked a bit so as not to have the exact same angle every time- replay attack).
This variation of the theme is that a burned disc will naturally cause higher levels of jitter (an older paper but a valid one none the less on the subject http://www.optical-disc.com/techpapers/Jit...tomeasureit.pdf ) than pressed media so the theory is while in and of itself it means nothing a large change between games would say to MS that it is a copy. I say the conditions are far from controlled enough for MS to make that call- scratches, grease, lasers, heat, angles, bad disc pressing and so on.

As for unplugging the 360 does have offline monitoring capabilities.
Good info, but then that leaves me with one question.

For now, I've also basically been ripping the games onto the 120GB hard drive that I have with my 360.

Would that jitter stuff still be calculated while the game is playing, considering that I can audibly hear the disc drive stop 'spinning' the disc or working it after the game launches, at which point I can only assume that the game data is now being read off of the hard drive rip?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a standard NXE copy I am not sure of the protocols (we know the disc is only there for verification- see all the NXE2GOD stuff) but I will say the process is not entirely immune to such checks at some level (taken to the extreme disc read errors have been seen from bad burns that verify OK). What this means for NXE I really do not know.

I am not sure how you want me to frame/qualify the answer either- I sense it is something along the lines of "is it safer" to which I would say no better and no worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...