Gaming The Official iXtreme LT Thread: It's Officially Out!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I imagine they will work as they should still be a valid image as far as the basic "work or not" checks on the console goes, however they will be easily detected the console and that will earn you a ban so if you want to use them go to 1.6 NS or 1.61 NS as that way you will not have to worry about splitvid either.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
not sure if banned was disconnected to the main menu of sf4 but was able to play onilne straight after. never played online since so is it worth trying to flash?

soulfire

gear... secando
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have a xbox now for a few months. i wanna have a modded xbox but don't get banned.

what if i buy the games that i play online with
and the games i play single player (unplugged xbox) i will play back up games of that.

still high chance of getting banned ?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ganons not entirely sure what you mean but sometimes a disconnect is just a disconnect. A simple way that will only lose you live capabilities if you end up being banned would be to do a NAND write protect mod which will stop the secdata.bin from going away and you losing save transfer and dashboard install capabilities. NAND backups and indeed secdata.bin recovery work the same way although they are more complex to set up but in either case if you have to update to get back online do an offline update to get to the latest dash do a mod of your choosing and then try it out.

@soulfire although we have not got 100% reasons for the bans it is certain that the older firmwares lack the ability to fake certain checks in an undetectable manner- this applies online and offline. LT is the firmware made in response to this that aims to be safe to use online provided you also check your isos with ABGX360.
Whether it will be truly future proof is a different debate, it is perhaps best summarised as follows
Any non LT firmware- sure fire ban, maybe not today or tomorrow but it will happen.
The LT firmware line- should have all checks sorted. Banning can happen if you use a bad rip as there are no iso/disc checks inbuilt like before (use ABGX360 instead) but at present it is considered undectable by the 360 hardware.

ganons

Trophies
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
@ganons not entirely sure what you mean but sometimes a disconnect is just a disconnect. A simple way that will only lose you live capabilities if you end up being banned would be to do a NAND write protect mod which will stop the secdata.bin from going away and you losing save transfer and dashboard install capabilities. NAND backups and indeed secdata.bin recovery work the same way although they are more complex to set up but in either case if you have to update to get back online do an offline update to get to the latest dash do a mod of your choosing and then try it out.

what do you mean?

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've just popped open my "virgin" box & the DVD drive is a lite on with firmware version 74850c

I have a Connectivity kit & probe thingy, i;ve flashed countless lite-on drives before.

How do i flash this with the new lite touch? Dump my key etc using the probe & flash in the normal manner?
I;ve been reading forum posts all day & they're talking about "full dumps" & cutting traces etc.

Is the lite touch flashed to this drive in the "regular" manner?

thanks

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Ok, great, but I still have two main questions:

-Anyone figured the "SS v2-Thing" out yet? As far as I got it, the games with v1 would have to be redumped with iXtreme 1.6...or am I wrong? Though, it's "only" prefered...
-SplitVid: I checked an ISO, everything green, burned it, and now it says that the SplitVid is too big, and would have been truncated if writing was enabled. Though, after that it says SplitVid is valid. Is it now safe or what?

Meh, guess I'll wait anyways a few weeks/months before flashing, just to be a bit safer
tongue.gif
. I'm not shure how long this Firmware will survive...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ganons I mean download an update from http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...stemupdates.htm and update that way first.

@Blue-K ABGX360 has a nice writeup on SSv2, part of ABGX360 (albeit the part that requires online) should be able to sort that.

As for splitvid if a full ABGX360 check says you are good then I am not about to dispute it. The way splitvid works though might trigger a "too big" option depending on your burning software (the splitvid "fix" it appends data to the end of the layer as it were). I will have to look into that- it may be an odd problem with abgx360 but I am not going to call that just yet.

Others it is an old thread but a good one:
http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?&topic=2943.0

edit: @cardyology I know you had the other thread but you just need the key (and preferably the barcode data if it exists) like you would any other time. Full dumps are nice but not necessary in the slightest.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I be able to do the flashing stuff if I'm currently running Windows 7 x64? I remember before, there was this whole thing about installing the PortIO driver, and then the serial-over-USB driver in order to get the maximus 360xtractor to work.

Failing that, I still have the other machine I was setting up specifically for flashing the dvd drive, which is running XP and that VIA sata card.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
codezer0 said:
Would I be able to do the flashing stuff if I'm currently running Windows 7 x64? I remember before, there was this whole thing about installing the PortIO driver, and then the serial-over-USB driver in order to get the maximus 360xtractor to work.

Failing that, I still have the other machine I was setting up specifically for flashing the dvd drive, which is running XP and that VIA sata card.
The new version of JF uses Schtrom's PortIO drivers. They work fine under x64.
Upgraded iXtreme on a Liteon just a week ago using my VIA card and the new JF.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Personally I would rather use a known working machine than troubleshoot a new one.

If you already have a flashed drive or better yet the keys for it then you only need the connectivity kit to be powered and no drivers are necessary.

Still http://www.xbins.org/nfo.php?file=xboxnfo1728.nfo includes a 64 bit version of dosflash.

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/firmware-h...s-7-64-bit.html might also be worth a read.

@driverzx you seem so negative about the whole affair, what brought this on?

Edit. Far too slow this evening it seems.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for me, the problem before (haven't tried again since) was that this was the same machine running the 680i chipset... and even when I had the given onboard SATA ports listed as e-SATA in the BIOS, connecting the 360's dvd drive would just immediately lock the system up when it was still running XP (32-bit).

Same thing even on the rig that had the VIA card in it. Not to mention (with the VIA card system), I still keep getting conflicting reports on whether I should go ahead and install VIA's driver, or if I should actually try running the card without a driver. This didn't matter regarding whether it would stop locking up when I plugged in the dvd drive, though.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FAST6191 said:
codezer0 have you tried Dosflash in dos mode (dosflash16), it tends to bypass driver issues and issues with the OS?
Not yet, actually. Would that be the kind that runs off of a bootable USB drive or something? I've only heard about such a "packed up" version of the program that was able to do that, then.

I think it's safe to say that - with a still virgin lite-on 7k and a fully functional Maximus 360Xtractor sitting here, waiting for the LT firmware to have come out already, I'm a little antsy in wanting to finally get this to work.
ph34r.gif
But am still leery because my first attempts at preparing for the firmware flashing led to the system locking up before I could even start.
wacko.gif

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
Hmm intresting.. i might flash my new ubanned xbox with LT if noone is getting banned before febuary... i mean we are still 10 months away from ban wave month so it will be a LONG time of... æhm "cheap games".

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a spare xbox arcade thats not connected online, if i get it flashed using LT will old game rips work? I assume that their would be no issues re banning as its not online?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"spare xbox arcade"

If you grabbed one and stuffed it in a box or indeed just used older games it may be an older kernel and thus homebrew capable- if it was made before mid June 2009 and has not had the August the 11th update done to it then consider homebrew instead- region free, XBLA, hacked games (it is already somewhat far along) and that is what already exists.
To check assuming it was not made after mid June last year then go to the system menu and properties/version/help and it will tell you what kernel. 8XXX and you are out of luck on that front 7XXX or before and you are good.

To answer your question the new LT firmware demands splitvid, most rips will have it and it is not hard to make games splitvid.
Also there is no 360/drive side protection so if you wave patched a game or it is otherwise bad (ABGX360 will tell you) then it is still no good for avoiding a ban.

If you want a plays anything firmware for offline purposes then go to 1.6NS aka 1.6 non stealth.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...