XP
Country
United States
So let's say I'm in 11.7.

I enable WiFi on my console. []

I connect to FreeShop to download a game. [X]

I turn off WiFi on my console. []

I start the game and play offline single player. []

After 20 minutes I decide to play Local Multiplayer with a friend.

I turn on WiFi (it is also needed for local communication between consoles). []

Comm between consoles starts and we play together. []

Mark with an X on each phase I fucked up and revealed to the server that my console is hacked and why.

This'd probably be why, as far as I know. Seems like downloading from CDN (via freeShop) is what sends the new info.

Reactions: AkikoKumagara

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
This'd probably be why, as far as I know. Seems like downloading from CDN (via freeShop) is what sends the new info.
Not necessarily. As far as I understand how freeshop and new eShop work, currently eShop sends a ticket to the CDN as a verification. Freeshop doesn't do that. Meaning that freeshop downloads appear to the CDN as if used by an older version of the system, which from what I gather is still supported due to the grace period? Either way, once Nintendo ENFORCES the ticket check current version of freeshop will stop working, and if it gets updated to also send in the ticket, trying to pirate a game will send to CDN an invalid ticket, which would be a surefire way to get banned.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fuck, great. I turned on freeshop today just to check something and by accident pressed Y or X which auto-started downloading some random game that was first on the list... I guess my ban is incoming now...

EDIT: I mean, people say that eShop is still accessible on 11.7, which may mean that I lucked out and it may just be seen as eShop access from (still supported) older version, but ugh...
Ur fine. There is no verification process on 11.7

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ur fine. There is no verification process on 11.7
I'm on 11.8 tho. What I mean is, the verification is being called in by the eShop/background download, so using freeshop by 'default' avoids it, since it never sent in the ticket to the CDN. But NOW, if 11.7 can't access eShop anymore in any way, downloading something without verification could appear fishy.
So, if 11.7 can still access eShop (I guess only consoles without NNID tied in?) then it should be fine. If they can't, then... welp. Although that raises the question, does freeshop send in any data to the CDN that could potentially recognize a specific console?

Craftyawesome

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily. As far as I understand how freeshop and new eShop work, currently eShop sends a ticket to the CDN as a verification. Freeshop doesn't do that. Meaning that freeshop downloads appear to the CDN as if used by an older version of the system, which from what I gather is still supported due to the grace period? Either way, once Nintendo ENFORCES the ticket check current version of freeshop will stop working, and if it gets updated to also send in the ticket, trying to pirate a game will send to CDN an invalid ticket, which would be a surefire way to get banned.

I'm on 11.8 tho. What I mean is, the verification is being called in by the eShop/background download, so using freeshop by 'default' avoids it, since it never sent in the ticket to the CDN. But NOW, if 11.7 can't access eShop anymore in any way, downloading something without verification could appear fishy.
So, if 11.7 can still access eShop (I guess only consoles without NNID tied in?) then it should be fine. If they can't, then... welp. Although that raises the question, does freeshop send in any data to the CDN that could potentially recognize a specific console?

I think the question here is if 11.7 freeshop is detected as a connection not on 11.8 or if 11.8 freeshop is detected as a 11.8 console that didn't send the ticket

Reactions: nintenthUsiast2

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
At the moment old firmware can still acces CDN. So no danger on 11.7

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
You can either hold off until Nintendo forces you to update, or update now and use other means to install games, like Villain3DS. If you want to download something, do it while you're on 11.7, because freeShop should still work properly (tickets won't be shown while installing, that's what I mean by working properly) on that version and Nintendo isn't forcing an update yet.

That's my understanding of the situation, if a statement is wrong then tell me.

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can either hold off until Nintendo forces you to update, or update now and use other means to install games, like Villain3DS. If you want to download something, do it while you're on 11.7, because freeShop should still work properly (tickets won't be shown while installing, that's what I mean by working properly) on that version and Nintendo isn't forcing an update yet.

That's my understanding of the situation, if a statement is wrong then tell me.
sounds good installing cias with fbi was faster anyways thanks for the answer

xddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, in fact I didn't use freeShop, just installed CIAs as usual. So I'm going to delete freeShop just in case :P. Thanks for all this work guys!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
won't scanning the qr codes on that title key site with fbi still be ok? i assume not right, as it is from the CDN i think, which is essentially like using freeshop

idk about villain3ds

hmm, could incognito mode on godmode9 be useful in this instance

sounds good installing cias with fbi was faster anyways thanks for the answer
depends HOW you get the cias and install them. sometimes freeshop is faster, but i get what you mean

anyways, im sticking around 11.7 for now

Last edited by nintenthUsiast2,
Reactions: WaluigiMan

nintenthUsiast2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it's time to make a new firmware spoofer.
i wonder who will make one...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

oh i forgot one last thing can i get updates for games from the eshop or should i get them somewhere else
i guess it depends what you are getting updates FOR. yes, i think updates for legitimate games will be fine, but idk about others...

Reactions: WaluigiMan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D