Hacking The "My SD2Vita/PSVSD is having issues" thread

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea what's happening to people, but almost everyone I've suggest it to either has a forced format or a soft brick. I always recommend the lite version. the full version isn't need for most people's setup.

Bluestar1212

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yamt lite works on 3.60 enso, have you tried using that?
I just got yamt installed on my vita and it is working so far with a few tweaks. I had to install the full version as yamt lite does not support PSVSD at the moment. I also had to disable "GC-SD patches" (I was not able to play physical vita game until I disabled this) and I had to use "force legacy USB/PSVSD mode" and "disable extra USB/PSVSD patches". I used those settings as games would freeze for a few seconds after resuming from sleep mode and I got the sleep bug again after resuming from sleep mode exactly two times (weird, right?) if I didn't. Anyway, I'm gonna try this current config and hopefully the save bug doesn't occur again. If it does, I'm going to assume either my sd card has some sort of an issue or maybe my PSVSD adapter isn't working correctly? Thanks for your help!

Reactions: raxadian

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
PSVSD is unfortunately less tested that SDTOVITA due to PSVSD requiring a hardware mod and only being possible in the 3G models.

Glad to hear things are going better. SDTOVITA settings tend to be default because more people uses it.

Last edited by raxadian,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends from were the plugin you are using for the SD2Vita gets loaded. It should not be on the card itself for evident reasons.
Yeah I'm just confused about this part:
  • Navigate to ux0:tai and use square to mark all files. Press triangle and select copy.

• Navigate to ur0:tai. If the folder does not exist, create it. Press triangle and select paste. Overwrite files if asked. Everything from ux0:tai should now also be in ur0:tai.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I figured it out. I just want to know if it's possible to use both memory card and SD2VITA, or did I waste money on a memory card? Lol

You need the memory card for backup in case the SD2VITA fails. So you can use it to repair the SD2VITA and worst case, rehack your Vita. Unless you are on one of the newer models that do have internal storage, then yes you wasted your money.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need the memory card for backup in case the SD2VITA fails. So you can use it to repair the SD2VITA and worst case, rehack your Vita. Unless you are on one of the newer models that do have internal storage, then yes you wasted your money.
Yeah I got the 1100 so it's a just a backup I guess, but that's alright. Thanks

RawTips

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man oh man, I usually do not do this but I had to create an account to thank everyone that contributed to this thread. I was finally able to sort out my own Vita problems and can finally play games without "This file is corrupt" "you must redownload this game" errors.

I can only assume that my problems were related to how my sd2vita was formatted/configured. After injecting zzblank, I formatted my 128gb sdcard to exfat with 64kb cluster size(this card defaults to 128kb but I was having big problems here). I used autoplugin to install storagemgr and configured my sd card and memory card as recommended in this thread to use sd2vita for gaming. I also noticed I had duplicate pspemu folders in both ux0 and uma0, deleted the game folder in the one in uma0 and now that game works properly too(this game was downloaded from the ps store bought legit).

Also I wanted to mention as I'm a complete noob to all this... if you use auto plugin for any of your configuration, make sure you do not press the playstation button and swipe out of the software when you're done. Go all the way to the main menu and click exit so that it will reconfigure and reset the config file... I made this mistake and I'm sure that also contributed to my head ache.

Cheers!

Reactions: raxadian

_TheGuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, new to the Vita and been following the vita.hacks.guide since I got it. I should start by saying I have a 2000 model on 3.60 with Enso installed. And boy this was way more confusing than other systems I've homebrewed. Using 256GB MicroSD SanDisk in 64kb cluster size, exFAT.

Like everyone in this thread, I've been having problems with my SD2Vita not being detected after following both the YAMT guide, and even the StorageMgr guide. The YAMT guide, I got as far as to about section III when formatting the card was involved. It failed every time and so I chose the alternative StorageMtr. Followed everything step by step several times, and the "ux0" remains to be unchanged in VitaShell as it only shows 1GB~ in storage capacity.

I'm convinced the adapter is the issue here, maybe even a defect. I would like to hear what you guys think may be the problem, and also the uma0 folder. I haven't been able to find that either, isn't that just the SD card?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone, new to the Vita and been following the vita.hacks.guide since I got it. I should start by saying I have a 2000 model on 3.60 with Enso installed. And boy this was way more confusing than other systems I've homebrewed. Using 256GB MicroSD SanDisk in 64kb cluster size, exFAT.

Like everyone in this thread, I've been having problems with my SD2Vita not being detected after following both the YAMT guide, and even the StorageMgr guide. The YAMT guide, I got as far as to about section III when formatting the card was involved. It failed every time and so I chose the alternative StorageMtr. Followed everything step by step several times, and the "ux0" remains to be unchanged in VitaShell as it only shows 1GB~ in storage capacity.

I'm convinced the adapter is the issue here, maybe even a defect. I would like to hear what you guys think may be the problem, and also the uma0 folder. I haven't been able to find that either, isn't that just the SD card?

did you choose yamt lite? it's possible it's the sd2vita. those things were mass produced, so the build quality is quite poor.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

_TheGuy_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you choose yamt lite? it's possible it's the sd2vita. those things were mass produced, so the build quality is quite poor.

Yep, I chose YAMT lite. It has to be the adapter I'm sure, hopefully by next week the replacement should be detectable. In the meantime, I'm excited with how fun the Vita is. Been playing Quake and I'm having the time of my life with this thing

Edit: Few days later and, yeah it was definitely a defect. Soon as I popped this new one in, it was easily detectable! :D

Last edited by _TheGuy_,

Yggdrasil_Dono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay, so I had my vita perfectly hacked and wanted to set up SD2Vita today. Some things did not work properly after copying all the files and mounting everything to the sd card with YAMT, as pretty much every app and game was corrupted. After a lot of trial and error I am now stuck with my system mounted to the sd card for some reason. Most apps are gone and I cannot change storage devices in the settings anymore. Henkaku still works. Any idea what I can do?

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Okay, so I had my vita perfectly hacked and wanted to set up SD2Vita today. Some things did not work properly after copying all the files and mounting everything to the sd card with YAMT, as pretty much every app and game was corrupted. After a lot of trial and error I am now stuck with my system mounted to the sd card for some reason. Most apps are gone and I cannot change storage devices in the settings anymore. Henkaku still works. Any idea what I can do?
@Yggdrasil_Dono ,format internal memory,reinstall firmware,rehack and for last configure your Sd2Vita.

RubyOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I have the SD2VITA Pro adapter and thats worked beautifully, however I want ease of use with my cartridges still. So I bought a PSVSD, went through the steps to install it properly, got to usbmc vpk installation but its not seeing my micro sd card. I've checked and all my data on it seems to be in tact. Wondering what my next step should be. Everything on the micro sd card is pretty well all my downloaded games, emulators, possssssibly save data etc...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/cKEFoR8kec0?si=ZyebV_OHR6dxXWCE