Hacking The "My SD2Vita/PSVSD is having issues" thread

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure why it did that if I understand you correctly. the purpose of ux0's tai folder is to fix errors with the ur0 one. that's why it's loaded before.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if you can get yamt to work someday, you won't even need an sd2vita plugin in config.txt.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My 8 GB Vita SD card only has like 1.4 GB left, should I set my SD2toVita to load Vita games while keeping using the card? Will it work on firmware 6.65 with Enzo? I don't want to update to a higher firmware. I have a Fat Vita with the 3G slot but I don't want to hardmod it.

I am asking because there is several guides and all say different things.

Vita hacks guide site is also tad outdated.

if you can get yamt to work someday, you won't even need an sd2vita plugin in config.txt.

On the page itself:

[yamt-vita
Yet another (re)mount tool kernel plugin for PS Vita/PS TV

Requires enso, compatible ONLY with firmware 3.60 and 3.65.]

Site: https://github.com/SKGleba/yamt-vita

Last edited by raxadian,

StarGlazier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@StarGlazier ,do you still have the hack and does Vitashell work for you?
Try refreshing live area and license database from Vitashell and see if all the games and apps are back to work or maybe some recently installed plugin is causing the problem.
@NeoGranzon Thanks for the reply, What ended up fixing the issue was replacing the SD2Vita adapter. I was using a v5, but I picked up a v3 of Amazon yesterday. I loaded my SD card into the new adapter and Its been working fine since. I tested it by letting it sleep for an hour and it woke up just fine. Thank for the help!

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@NeoGranzon Thanks for the reply, What ended up fixing the issue was replacing the SD2Vita adapter. I was using a v5, but I picked up a v3 of Amazon yesterday. I loaded my SD card into the new adapter and Its been working fine since. I tested it by letting it sleep for an hour and it woke up just fine. Thank for the help!

From what I have read, v5 seems to be having problems with 3.65 an older firmware, heck I heard a lot of people recommend v3 because of that. As I said the information is confusing. Gonna try yamt and see what happens.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

@StarGlazier ,i use for my PS Vita Slim 3.65 Enso Sd2Vita 6.0 purchased in Amazon,i suggest buy this version is the most updated version of this adapter and i think it is compatible with all firmware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using yamt lite myself. it just has sd2vita as ux0 and a memory card (if you have one) as uma. it doesn't do anything else, but that's all most people need. it adds a line to the boot_config.txt (not to be confused with config.txt), and you don't need an sd2vita driver in the config.txt either. I have it on my vita and my pstv with a 400/512GB micro sd card respectively. they were hand me downs from the switch. I have a lot of free space on both.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What do you have to do if you want games to run from the sdtovita using yamt lite? Copy and paste the contents of the ps vita card into the sdtovita and then change what card is what in configuration?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has no configuration. it's just basic yamt. the sd2vita is always ux0. it will make a memory card uma if one is plugged in. yes, just copy and paste the content.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I have a 64GB memory card, but I lost it. it was screwed up anyway. for some reason, Japan is the only place that sold them, but you can get them on ebay, just not in stores anywhere else but Japan afaik.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I have a 64GB memory card, but I lost it. it was screwed up anyway. for some reason, Japan is the only place that sold them, but you can get them on ebay, just not in stores anywhere else but Japan afaik.

@godreborn ,sorry for the question:but yamt lite work only on PS Vita Fat or also PS Vita Slim?
This is my doubt!

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

May have been a pirated card. In Japan the Vita was popular enough for that.

Nowadays not worth it, all you need a vita card for is a system to boot with in case your sdtovita has problems and for that less that 1 GB of apace is enough. And ir you have the flat model you don't even need that. The smallest card are the 4 GB ones and they are not that expensive.

Last edited by raxadian,

Bluestar1212

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a weird problem with my PSVSD and wanted your guy's thoughts on it. I recently picked up a PSVSD to put in my Japanese vita to be able to use the game card slot again (I've had a SD2VITA in this vita since 2017 with no issues). The problem I'm having is that weird save bug where after you wake the vita up from sleep mode, you are not able to save (but closing and reopening the game allows for saving again). I have experienced this problem with both digital games and with physical games. I have tried several things to try and remind remedy this but to no avail. Things I've tried:

1. Using the usbmc vpk to install/config the usbmc plugin
2. Following the SD2VITA/PSVSD Configuration Guide to use StorageMgr instead (after uninstalling usbmc plugin, of course)
3. Reformatting the micro sd card with 64 kB allocation unit size in exFAT after writing zzblank.img (Originally I was using the default size for a 128 GB card as that is what I'm using)
4. Applying the 12 hour clock/list.dat fix

Even after doing all of the above, I'm still having this strange save bug. I did look around online for recent posts and found a reddit post from October of last year with a similar problem (but they did not post if they found a solution). Anyone else have a similar problem and find a proper fix?

Sorry for this long winded post, I'm just hoping to find a solution to this as I want to play on my vita without worrying about being able to save! :wacko:

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've got a weird problem with my PSVSD and wanted your guy's thoughts on it. I recently picked up a PSVSD to put in my Japanese vita to be able to use the game card slot again (I've had a SD2VITA in this vita since 2017 with no issues). The problem I'm having is that weird save bug where after you wake the vita up from sleep mode, you are not able to save (but closing and reopening the game allows for saving again). I have experienced this problem with both digital games and with physical games. I have tried several things to try and remind remedy this but to no avail. Things I've tried:

1. Using the usbmc vpk to install/config the usbmc plugin
2. Following the SD2VITA/PSVSD Configuration Guide to use StorageMgr instead (after uninstalling usbmc plugin, of course)
3. Reformatting the micro sd card with 64 kB allocation unit size in exFAT after writing zzblank.img (Originally I was using the default size for a 128 GB card as that is what I'm using)
4. Applying the 12 hour clock/list.dat fix

Even after doing all of the above, I'm still having this strange save bug. I did look around online for recent posts and found a reddit post from October of last year with a similar problem (but they did not post if they found a solution). Anyone else have a similar problem and find a proper fix?

Sorry for this long winded post, I'm just hoping to find a solution to this as I want to play on my vita without worrying about being able to save! :wacko:

Did you remember that Vita games have to be in "Ux0:" to save correctly?

Bluestar1212

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you remember that Vita games have to be in "Ux0:" to save correctly?
Yes, currently I have my PSVSD set as "ux0:" (which is where all of my digital vita games are installed). If it helps, I've attached my config.txt and storage_config.txt from my "ur0:tai" folder.

I should also probably mention that I am running 3.60 ensō on my vita.

Attachments

• config.txt
    466 bytes · Views: 88
  • storage_config.txt
    35 bytes · Views: 87

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, currently I have my PSVSD set as "ux0:" (which is where all of my digital vita games are installed). If it helps, I've attached my config.txt and storage_config.txt from my "ur0:tai" folder.

I should also probably mention that I am running 3.60 ensō on my vita.

Yamt lite works on 3.60 enso, have you tried using that?

Reactions: Bluestar1212

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, yamt lite is superior to storage manager. don't need a config file for it either. however, I'm reluctant to suggest using it. it seems like most people have issues getting it installed.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yes, yamt lite is superior to storage manager. don't need a config file for it either. however, I'm reluctant to suggest using it. it seems like most people have issues getting it installed.

I literally got it installed and running in five minutes.

As long as you are in 3.60 or 3.65 and using Enso and STICK TO USING THE LITE VERSION it works quite well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative