The most useful apps for 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Bimmel, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Bimmel
    OP

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hi there,

as the title says, which apps for the 3DS are the most useful you would recommend installing?

I just installed freeShop, (which I did not know about until now. I'm ashamed.) and was blown away by it's greatness.

Any other things you could think about for helping others to get an overview of the many apps floating around in the wild?

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  2. OldGlass

OldGlass GBAtemp Regular

Feb 9, 2016
    United States
    JKSaveManager

Ryccardo likes this.
  3. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
  4. Ev1lbl0w

Ev1lbl0w GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    You probably already have: The Homebrew Channel CIA. Just open in and get homebrew in the last version.

Also, get encTitleKeysUpdater, so you can update your encTitleKeys.bin for freeShop without taking SD card.

And SmileBASIC. If you know how to program BASIC or any language, you'll love it. If not, it's a great tool to learn and create your own games.

5. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
  6. ShinyMK

ShinyMK known as @initPRAGMA

Dec 29, 2015
    FBI, FreeShop, EncTitleKeysUpdater, BootNTR (To record ur screen), JK's Save Manager/JKSMK (Now Private), Homebrew Launcher (As CIA), PHBank (Pokemon Homebrew Bank)/PHBankGB (For Red,Blue,Yellow), 3DS Controller (Unofficial 7.2 Fork works best for n3DS), Luma Updater, Purgification (Notification Trasher).

Those are all the apps I currently use.

7. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    There is a website that has homebrew you can install on your system with simple qr code scans from the fbi installer menu. :)

https://titledb.com
    this list should be a basic overview of what is available, as for being "USEFUL" is all player user opinion isn't it?

There is also a app that lets you download homebrew just the same
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebr3w-simple-homebrew-browser-and-installer.434105/ :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Jul 19, 2016
    ksanislo likes this.