Gaming The Most Under-rated NDS games

superkris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The most important aspect of a music game: the soundtrack. [...]
Ouendan and EBA both include popular music tracks they actually had to license to include, _songs that people would conceivably listen to outside of playing the game

I SOOO disagree.

I hated the EBA songs so much. Cheap covers of Avril Lavigne song....eurgh... (go puke just to think about it)

You can put a vote for Nodame Cantabile from me...and remove a point to EBA

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
add Hotel Dusk and Another Code to the list (thos developers should ) make more games like these, they are really suited well for the DS.
These weren't really underrated, though.
wink.gif

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
From the Abyss (J): action rpg
Densetsu No Stafi 4 (J): awesome platformer/adventure. also check out the rest of the series for GBA. i just wish they made english translations..
frown.gif

also not in the list, but already mentioned by someone else is Chronos Twin. its a 2d platformer with a nice twist (you play in two ages at the same time)

A lot of Puzzle Series #xx are well made games. The ones that will never make the localization here would be like kanji, or hiragana crosswords (could be easily adapted into english I guess)
But of them all, I love Slither Link. Never knew about it until I played it.
More recent ones like Hitori, Nurikabe, and Akari are really fun too.
Have no clue at all why puzzle games don't make it to outside of Japan. (Except like sudoku..)

Slither Link, Nurikabe, Akari: these are very good and original logic puzzlers. i guess these are gonna stay on my card for some time. really liking them.
smile.gif
i didnt figure out hitori yet..anyone care to explain?
smile.gif

i dont understand any japanese at all, but all of them just took me a few minutes to figure out. they have graphic tutorials so its not too hard to get it
wink.gif
Nurikabe is the most difficult of the three imo.

i also second Yosumin. pretty addicting puzzler. its all japanese but easy to figure out. except for the higher levels when i sometimes didnt know what to do but finally figured out anyways (by accident;)

Garfield's Nightmare. It may sound bad, but it's a very awesome game. By far the most beautiful game graphically, and one of the funnest platformers I've played on DS. (granted, I probably found it fun because it was easy)

IGN said "This game is gorgeous" And even that is an understatement. If you want a fun game with amazing 3D models and graphics, Garfield's Nightmare is for you. Very underrated game.

100% agreed. However, the terrible name and god awful boxart has kept many people away. The boxart looks worse than Horsez.
wtf.gif

very true ;(

QUOTE(OrR @ Feb 11 2007, 09:58 AM)
Also, you have to add Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends: Harvest Time Hop And Fly.
cool.gif

Miss Spider, just like Garfield, need to be credited for a great 3d engine, not seen in lots of other ds games. they have no ugly/(noticeable)pixelated textures, no ugly/boxy models, no clunky/laggy controls,...same goes for e.g. Nanostray - prbly because theyre all from Shin'en.

gameplay here is ok but could be better, i don't really recommend it. i'm just ranting because of the technical aspects =)

its kinda sad, that recent major games like Assassins Creed have all of the above mentioned pitfalls. ok, compairing those aint fair, because Ass.Creed is much more complex. but still..i'm sick of seeing so much butt-ugly 3d-graphics when it could look better in 2d...but thats another story
wink.gif
(please start your flaming after the *beep*)

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
but still..i'm sick of seeing so much butt-ugly 3d-graphics when it could look better in 2d
Totally agreed, they're worse than PS1 graphics, it's pretty much a new low for 3Dness! This is why the GBA was awesome.

As for classics, I reckon PW is pretty under-rated, I know quite a few people (including myself) who play it religiously even though it's supposedly not that great.

And I totally agree with Another Code and Hotel Dusk, they are great. They kept me up many a-night lol. Dragon Quest Heroes is also extremely under-rated, one of the best games I've played for DS.

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! and its sequel are also worth mentioning to those who have never played them.

FaRReR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The most important aspect of a music game: the soundtrack. [...]
Ouendan and EBA both include popular music tracks they actually had to license to include, _songs that people would conceivably listen to outside of playing the game

I SOOO disagree.

I hated the EBA songs so much. Cheap covers of Avril Lavigne song....eurgh... (go puke just to think about it)

You can put a vote for Nodame Cantabile from me...and remove a point to EBA
BLASPHEMY!!!

D

Deleted User

Phoenix Wright isn't on the list, mainly because people say it's rated good enough as it is.
But it isn't, it IS God itself incarnate. Thus I vote for it to be put in the list
wink.gif

ctkxtreme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nervous Brickdown should be on the list. It was an Arkanoid clone that used different approaches to play. For example, the retro theme had you play the 8-bit version of the game while on the top you had to do a platformer.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...a lot of those games suck, and aren't underrated.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say, it probably is a kind of subjective matter. Good and suck are kind of relative. I mean, you could argue a game sucks if some of the mechanics are simply broken, but to say a game sucks because you don't find it fun, well...
unsure.gif

BionicC

Trophies
XP
Country
No love for Monster House? It's not the greatest DS game around but it's certainly a nice little Robotron/Smash TV clone.

Ice Cold

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BS in regards to JUS. JUS is a really good game. It's highly recognized as just that by anyone who has a DS and flash cart.

zellthemedic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pick any Ace Attorney game on the DS -- you can't go wrong.

Not really underrated on here though. A ton of my friends are like "WTF A LAWYER GAME DATS GHEY".

Fools, all of 'em.

D

Deleted User

zellthemedic said:
Pick any Ace Attorney game on the DS -- you can't go wrong.

Not really underrated on here though. A ton of my friends are like "WTF A LAWYER GAME DATS GHEY".

Fools, all of 'em.

Haha, same here
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: