Hacking The most recent roms wont work?

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have had an R4 for about a year now and played about 20 roms on it with no problem. Then recently I had some trouble with FF:Ring of Fates as it kept ending my game in random places. Now even worse the last 7 roms I put on my R4 dont even start up, they just keep asking me to re-insert the game card.

Obviously there must be something going on with roms and copyright now cause I dont think my R4 is faulty.

Anyway I googled this and followed some guys blog on how to fix this using some sort of "patch". I donwloaded his "arm7.bin" file and the "dslazy" program. Anyway the dslazy program never opened like it said it should in his blog as I was was hoping for.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
nezkeys79 said:
I have had an R4 for about a year now and played about 20 roms on it with no problem. Then recently I had some trouble with FF:Ring of Fates as it kept ending my game in random places. Now even worse the last 7 roms I put on my R4 dont even start up, they just keep asking me to re-insert the game card.

Obviously there must be something going on with roms and copyright now cause I dont think my R4 is faulty.

Anyway I googled this and followed some guys blog on how to fix this using some sort of "patch". I donwloaded his "arm7.bin" file and the "dslazy" program. Anyway the dslazy program never opened like it said it should in his blog as I was was hoping for.

Your R4 is outdated and sucks. Get a proper flashcart and stop moaning about your useless R4.

Shelleeson

Trophies
XP
Country
before someone comes in and rips your head of for not searching i suggest you do a search first before you post
this one has been addressed so many times
you need to redownload dslazy from another source unless your computer is causing the problem
smile.gif

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
nezkeys79 said:

If I recall correctly you have to run DSLazy from the command line ?
Sorry if I'm wrong, but it's been a while since I bothered with my DS/R4

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Your R4 is outdated and sucks. Get a proper flashcart and stop moaning about your useless R4.
Way to be a dick to a new guy who at least put in the effort to actually do a little research into his problem...
I know that YOU, like myself, were 'the new guy' at one point and didn't know how everything worked, was it so long ago that you forgot?
When I was learning about something new (Not DS in particular, but other subjects), there were people like you.. the ones who treat newbies like garbage regardless if they've even attempted to help themselves or not. And it's the people like you who make the newbies say "Why bother to even try figuring it out when if I don't understand I'll just get yelled at?". I know I've almost said that more than once.
Save the barbs for someone who is at least semi-deserving of them.

And for the record.... I love my R4 and it IS a proper flashcard.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Normmatt said:
Way to be a dick to a new guy who at least put in the effort to actually do a little research into his problem...
I know that YOU, like myself, were 'the new guy' at one point and didn't know how everything worked, was it so long ago that you forgot?
When I was learning about something new (Not DS in particular, but other subjects), there were people like you.. the ones who treat newbies like garbage regardless if they've even attempted to help themselves or not. And it's the people like you who make the newbies say "Why bother to even try figuring it out when if I don't understand I'll just get yelled at?". I know I've almost said that more than once.
Save the barbs for someone who is at least semi-deserving of them.

And for the record.... I love my R4 and it IS a proper flashcard.
people that come on to moan about how the new games arent working on an R4 should be shot

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
people that come on to moan about how the new games arent working on an R4 should be shotHe didn't come on to moan that new games arent working...

He came here to ask for assistance with understanding how the Arm7 patching works. Read the post.QUOTE(nezkeys79 @ Feb 18 2009, 01:49 PM) I have had an R4 for about a year now and played about 20 roms on it with no problem. Then recently I had some trouble with FF:Ring of Fates as it kept ending my game in random places. Now even worse the last 7 roms I put on my R4 dont even start up, they just keep asking me to re-insert the game card.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Please guys, calm down, nezkeys79 isn't just some ignorant n00b that came in hear with a question my R4 doesn't work, what now?!
He showed that he did researched, he showed that he knows at least a bit about this, and now he only needs some guidelines what to do next..

If you can't help him, please don't reply at all.....Your R4 sucks isn't helping anybody, it only takes space from this site!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSLazy requires that you have a semi-recent installation of the .NET framework. Check Windows Update and see if there's an update for that available for your computer. I'm guessing this is why you can't open DSLazy correctly.

You can also search through the forums here, as I know there's an alternate ARM7 patcher available that doesn't require .NET but I can't remember the exact name of it.

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used a different pc in the netcafe and I managed to open dslazy. Anyway I followed max crass method and managed to see the roms actually start up, but they still dont work shortly after you start playing....

Dragon Quest 5...ship never docks
Chrono Trigger....First portal doesnt actually tak you anywhere I just see the blue swirls constantly

I have created a topic here about it describing exactly what I am doing so please help me if you can....

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=138084&hl=

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know CT at least has additional piracy prevention that you'll need to account for, or else it will freeze at that portal like you stated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, was it Juan?
    Juan who?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its just seductive pics right? I mean they don't show nudity, do they?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, you know who is juan
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    isn't onlyfans just another creepy site of fake AI generated ''women''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: