The most copied games in 2009

blackdragonbaham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The internet site --that i shouldn't have mentioned-- announced a list of the most pirated games of the year 2009. There you can see the Top 5 winners on wii, xbox 360 and pc. it's just questionable whether it is a honor for the winners to get into this positions
smileipb2.png

here the list; enjoy:

QUOTE said:
Xbox 360
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (970.000 Downloads)
2. Street Fighter IV (840.000 Downloads)
3. Prototype (810.000 Downloads)
4. Colin McRae DiRT 2 (790.000 Downloads)
5. UFC 2009 Undisputed (720.000 Downloads)

Wii
1. New Super Mario Bros. Wii (1.150.000 Downloads)
2. Punch-Out!! (950.000 Downloads)
3. Wii Sports Resort (920.000 Downloads)
4. The House of the Dead: Overkill (860.000 Downloads)
5. Mario Power Tennis (830.000 Downloads)

PC
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (4.100.000 Downloads)
2. The Sims 3 (3.200.000 Downloads)
3. Prototype (2.350.000 Downloads)
4. Need for Speed SHIFT (2.100.000 Downloads)
5. Street Fighter IV (1.850.000 Downloads)

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I do wonder how they can even determine these figures, or where they are pulling them from. There's no way they can tell what each individual user has been downloading worldwide.

tommyt

Trophies
XP
Country
Edhel said:
I do wonder how they can even determine these figures, or where they are pulling them from. There's no way they can tell what each individual user has been downloading worldwide.

I also wonder.
Anyway tough luck to Activision they lost millions.
laugh.gif

blackdragonbaham

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Edhel said:

--same nono site--The data for these lists is collected by --another site?! I hope i learn from this-- from several sources, including reports from all public BitTorrent trackers. All the data is carefully checked and possible inaccuracies are systematically corrected.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The companies didn't necessarily lose money, I never buy any games, and I wouldn't even if pirating wasn't an option. So technically, if I didn't intend to buy but pirate, no loss. I gain slightly but I don't really play that many games anyway. Usually pirated games have issues as well, like playing online, I would like to play MW2 online for PC, but it seems to complicated to crack.

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
wow new super mario bros didn't come out a long time ago but still it made to the top
also i got sims 3 lol

y would people pirate wii sports resort you need motion plus to play it

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
mezut360 said:
wow new super mario bros didn't come out a long time ago but still it made to the top
also i got sims 3 lol

y would people pirate wii sports resort you need motion plus to play it

No, you are wrong :

You need games compatibles with the motion+ to use motion+ you bought (Wii sport Resort is NOT the only compatible game)
I pirated it, because I already owned a motion+, not the contrary.

your point of view : why pirate Red Steel 2 ? you will need a Wii motion+, that's why you need to buy the game bundle with the motion+ ! you can't pirate it ! you need more Motion+ hardware than wiimote you own ! .. oh, wait
smileipb2.png

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Cyan said:
your point of view : why pirate Red Steel 2 ? you will need a Wii motion+, that's why you need to buy the game bundle with the motion+ ! you can't pirate it ! you need more Motion+ hardware than wiimote you own ! .. oh, wait
smileipb2.png

That didn't make any sense at all.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ZeWarrior said:
Cyan said:
smileipb2.png

That didn't make any sense at all.
It was a bit confusing, but he's right. The Wii MotionPlus is more interesting than Wii Sports Resort is. I can see why people would want to get it to play Wii Sports Resort and Red Steel 2. There's no reason to pay at least twice as much for a game you don't want.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry if I was confusing
wacko.gif

I just wanted to say that it's common sense to pirate Wii sport resort, because you can buy Motion+ only.
That's not like Wii fit where you needed to buy game+board, as board wasn't available alone. Pirating Wiifit would have been more strange.

And seeing we can buy Motion+ alone, it can be used to play many other games, not only Resort.
People could have bought Motion+ alone to play Tennis games, and then decided to pirate Resort. No need to buy again a Wii sport Resort bundled with Motion+ to get the game only.

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyan said:
And seeing we can buy Motion+ alone, it can be used to play many other games, not only Resort.
what many games? i only know 2: tiger woods and wii sports resort. can you name more games using this aside from the red steel 2 that you had stated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.