Hardware The micro

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How's everyone liking the micro? I know it's been out a while, and I'm a little late on getting one. But I really want one.

And I told my girl to get me one for Christmas. And nowhere in the stores around here can they be found. So she had to order it from Amazon. And she ordered 20th Anniversary edition, the exact same one I wanted.

So am I really going like this handheld? I freakin' hate playing GBA games on my DS. But the sp's screens is nowhere near as bright and pretty as the Lites. So how does the micro's screen compare to the Lites? Brightness and clarity is what I'm really looking for.

Oh...and do they come with a couple extra face plates? Also, is there any accessories I should get for it?

Thanks for any info.

kingeightsix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
portable. easy. fun. stylish. fast. classics.

i love my micro(s). i've actually had to buy it twice after i had the first one. my first one got lost & my ex wanted to give my second one to her cousins in vietnam. then i bought another one because i missed it and it's discontinued so i wanted to grab one before they aren't around, anymore. you need to grab a flashcart with these guys, though. i had an ezflash 2, g6 lite & now i'm grabbing an m3 lite perfect. having a micro's cool but having a micro packed with a library of games, that's ice cold.

pick up screen protectors, wrist strap, an extra pouch & an extra faceplate.

they're so small they could easily slip off your hands so you should play with a wrist strap on. a screen protector if you want to preserve it and keep it looking sexy, longer. an extra pouch & faceplate because who knows what could happen (my ex lost my pouch... no clue how).

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
The screen is awesome, sharp and bright. I love my micro, beats the hell out of using the ds for gba games. My G6 Lite fits fine in it, and it's a near constant companion. That thing is so full of win... Don't worry at all about the screen being small, the clarity more than makes up for it. The shoulder buttons take a little getting used to, but it won't take long.

You will love it.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool. Thanks for all the info.

And yeah, I use my G6 Lite with my sp. So I'm just going to use that with the micro. I also may pick up an EZIII. But I love the G6 Lite for GBA games.

And the micro doesn't come with a wrist strap? That kind of sucks you would have to buy one. And also, about screen protectors. I thought the faceplate protects the actual screen of the micro. So do you put the screen protector on the faceplate?

Since you mentioned to pick up an extra pouch and faceplate, does that mean the micro already comes with one pouch and faceplate?

Yeah, I definitely wanted to pick one up since they were discontinued. If I really like it, then I'm going to pick up another one. Probably one for my girlfriend too.

Thanks.

EDIT: Thanks mthrnite. Would you consider the screen brightness and clarity close the Lites? And the G6 Lite is what I'll be using with it too. And I'm guessing the cart fits flush? It should since it's the same as a gba cart.

Thanks for the info.

Kizmatti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have had my micro for quit awhile paired with an m3 lite perfect. It does work great and is alot better then playing gba on a ds.

the screen on the micro is smaller but graphics look clearer then on ds or gbasp because of the smaller screen size

i got the black one with the silver faceplate. It also came with a camo and orange firey lookin faceplate as well.

I wouldnt bother buying screen protectors for it, when u can get replacement faceplates for 7 bucks.

ive had my micro almost a year and still have the same face on it, but i guess that depends on how ruff you are with your stuff.

As far as buying faceplates i know nintendo.com sells them, might be able to findim on Ebay too.

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know the m3 lite came with a gba shell. I wouldn't mind having that combo.

And yeah, I'll decide on screen protectors when I get it.

Thanks.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It fits flush enough:
GBAM1.jpg
GBAM2.jpg

GBAM3.jpg
GBAM4.jpg

edit: and Rhythm Tengoku totally rocks, that and Warioware, Ghouls & Ghosts, Alien Hominid, Super Mario Bros 3...
There's soo many good games for the GBA. I swear I play this thing more than my DS.
gba.gif

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The GBA Micro is the best GameBoy Advance Nintendo ever made.
The screen light is super bright (probably around the same as the Nintendo DS Lite) and the handheld is small and super sexy
biggrin.gif

You'll love it...I know you will!
I recommend either a G6 Lite or M3 Lite for the flashcart you're going to use, if you use one, for your GBA Micro (the GBA replacement case fits flush, as you can see above in mthr's post).

Happy gaming
gba.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
The GBA Micro is the best GameBoy Advance Nintendo ever made.
The screen light is super bright (probably around the same as the Nintendo DS Lite) and the handheld is small and super sexy
biggrin.gif

I recommend either a G6 Lite or M3 Lite for the flashcart you're going to use, if you use one, for your GBA Micro (the GBA replacement case fits flush, as you can see above in mthr's post).

Happy gaming
gba.gif

Agree, Micro rules!. What I truly regret is that Nintendo never ever sold new faceplates for it....
dry.gif

Offtopic:
lok at the time, jaypeeaich, go to sleep already!, stop stalking mthrnite!

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the pics mthrnite! I really appreciate that. Yeah, it looks like the G6 sits totally flush. Just like in the SP.

Once that bottom picture? Is that Rhythm Tengoku? I've never played that, or even heard of it. I'm going to give it a try right now. And yeah, the rest of the games you mentioned totally rock. I think my sp gets a little more play than my DS. And once I get the micro I'm going to be spending all my time with it.

That's what I wanted to read.
smile.gif

Thanks for the comments guys. It's nice to know the screen is super bright.

I have another question. I was reading some comments on a craigslist that someone posted. And it mentioned something about you being able to adjust the brightness on the micro. Is this true?

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Thanks for the comments guys. It's nice to know the screen is super bright.

I have another question. I was reading some comments on a craigslist that someone posted. And it mentioned something about you being able to adjust the brightness on the micro. Is this true?

Yup.
Holding down L and pressing the volume changer button thing on the side - you can change from like 4 or 5 different brightness setting
smile.gif

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Technically speaking, Game Boy Micro does in fact have a sharper screen. Its pixel density is greater than any other handheld Nintendo has made before or since which means the same resolution takes less physical space. And therefore images aren't as jagged.

That's right. Contrary to popular belief... Original GBA, GBA SP, DS, and DS Lite have an identical number of pixels per inch. Whereas a Micro has more.

Skv0ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only major things I dislike are the NEW freaking charging port and the fact that all compatible carts go through battery saves and not direct saves. Otherwise I think this guy is hella more fun than the DS.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
It's awesome. I'm sure you got that already but I just had to say it again. It's that awesome
smile.gif

About cases: the Micro comes with a thin black velvet drawstring bag. If you're going to throw it around a lot you might want something thicker, but otherwise it's perfect for sticking in a bag every day while travelling.

Wriststrap is a must. I had a spare neckstrap at home so I use that, it's easier to spot the neckstrap in my bag when checking I haven't lost the thing
biggrin.gif

DespizingU

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I gotta ask, what does the 20th Anniversary Edition come with?

You said the micro comes with a drawstring bag Psyfira. But is that the same with the 20th Edition? I only ask, because I've read that the regular black or silver micro's come with like 3 other faceplates. But i've read the 20th Edition only comes with one. Is this true? So it only comes with the one that is on the micro?

And what else does the 20th Edition come with? I"m not finding much info about this. All I've found is that it doesn't come with the three faceplates.

Only major things I dislike are the NEW freaking charging port and the fact that all compatible carts go through battery saves and not direct saves.

And what exactly does this mean?

Thanks.

dexmix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is so nice to see so many micro fans! i have been championing this thing as _the_ best hand held system ever - and have convinced so many people to buy one.

i've owned about 7 micros at one time, but i'm now down to 5. the last one i got was a 20th anniversary and it does not come with any faceplates aside from the one it has on.

He doesn't like the charger because its smaller and different than the other GBA chargers. that really doesn't matter. also i have no clue what skv0ra is talking about with battery saves.

edit: i think i really want a green on green micro, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Play-asia is out. I do have a FF IV Limited edition, as well as the Mother 3 Limited Edition Micros.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill