5D2TWMj.jpg

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
RDT_20211119_0412048781366283737207447.jpg

ALL YOU FUCKING HAVE TO DO, IS TO GET THE TWO SMALL KEYS ON THE BOTTOM, RAISE THE WATER ONCE, GET THE KEY BEHIND THE WALL SAVE AND QUIT (to respawn at top floor without raising tge water level avoiding twister rooms and Zelda's Lullaby), AND OPEN MIDDLE TOWER DOORS TO GET LONGSHOT AND BOSS KEY, SAVE AND QUIT (to respawn at top floor without needing another key) AND GO STRAIGHT TO MORPHA 😡

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
"Retro" is up to 16 bit. 32 bit and up is still just "old".

I guess it becomes "retro" when people start copying the aesthetics in modern works, and I don't see anyone rushing to copy the low-texture, low-poly bullshit of the early 3D games, let me tell you.

Reactions: JuanMena

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I guess it becomes "retro" when people start copying the aesthetics in modern works, and I don't see anyone rushing to copy the low-texture, low-poly bullshit of the early 3D games, let me tell you.
Yeah there've been multiple games out recently with "PS1 aesthetic"

Emperor_Norton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's starting to become a thing, slowly. It's still probably got a few years before it really could take off.

I think part of it is that the 16bit era just kinda ages well in general for most folks, even for ones who weren't around for it. It takes a more specific view on graphics, (and usually a nice helping of nostalgia), for low-poly 3d to appeal right now, I think.

At the end of the day, it's always an opinion thing. I for one readily await the influx of PSX and N64 styled games.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Well, imo, n64 is the last retro console.
It's a 64 bits console, but it's still retro...

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Laughs in lauch Valheim

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 285637

ALL YOU FUCKING HAVE TO DO, IS TO GET THE TWO SMALL KEYS ON THE BOTTOM, RAISE THE WATER ONCE, GET THE KEY BEHIND THE WALL SAVE AND QUIT (to respawn at top floor without raising tge water level avoiding twister rooms and Zelda's Lullaby), AND OPEN MIDDLE TOWER DOORS TO GET LONGSHOT AND BOSS KEY, SAVE AND QUIT (to respawn at top floor without needing another key) AND GO STRAIGHT TO MORPHA 😡
Poorly-worded meme. Should've been, "let me get this straight, you think the water temple is easy?"

Also, of course easily-accessible online video guides made it simpler. OoT was released back when we still relied mostly on print, and unless you paid out, you typically didn't even get screenshots. Everything in that effing temple looked the same.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Poorly-worded meme. Should've been, "let me get this straight, you think the water temple is easy?"

Also, of course easily-accessible online video guides made it simpler. OoT was released back when we still relied mostly on print, and unless you paid out, you typically didn't even get screenshots. Everything in that effing temple looked the same.
I've been playing Ocarina of Time since 1999.
Around 2005 discovered that Saving and Quitting allowed to skip nearly half of the dungeon.
Try it 😀

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)