The Meme Box

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you're "anti-woke", it's time to boycott Linux. And not just the desktop OS but literally every device that uses the kernel.
View attachment 376868
šŸ§
I agree with two of his points - atheism is just far more logical than religion, and religion has an extremely poor track record when it comes to violence against those of other religions (and no religion). Religion's nothing more than a bunch of cults that managed to accrue more positive connotations through surviving for millennia, honestly.
Religion statistically makes people less tolerant of 'outsiders', more violent, and aims to suppress information and scientific knowledge and progress that would prove said religion wrong.

And guns should be carefully licensed, and otherwise restricted; it's quite telling that no other "first-world" country or nation (UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia, etc.) has as many school shootings, or shootings in general, compared to the USA, and that's partly because it's so much harder to acquire guns when guns are restricted and require licensing (and thus thorough background and personality checks, etc.).
How to prevent people from using guns recklessly, or intentionally to murder? Don't give 'em guns in the first place.

Kevbo

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
download (1).png

impeeza

Ā”Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is it weird that I actually like broccoli? Cooked, raw, I find it tasty; even as a kid I liked it.
Though mainly the top and branches, not the thicker 'trunk', so to speak.

I like my small green trees, what can I say?

Nope I've liked broccoli since I was a kid too, even the trunks. Double if it's covered in cheese sauce, of course. I feel like spinach is more universally hated for kids.

Not if you were raised with Popeye, it's not. Sure, the cartoon is...dated, in a few ways, but I loved how ludicrous the Sailor's strength and exploits were, and thus I grew to like spinach. Blended and mixed with milk was, and still is, my preferred way to eats me spinach.

Now, brussels sprouts...never once had them, so I don't have any preferences or thoughts about them. Same with liver.
I really love broccoli and spinach, thatĀ“s why I did never understand why Dr Hibbert tells broccoli is poisonous and gives us an alert with his horrendous flavor :P

1686326548468.png

Reactions: AncientBoi

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with two of his points - atheism is just far more logical than religion, and religion has an extremely poor track record when it comes to violence against those of other religions (and no religion). Religion's nothing more than a bunch of cults that managed to accrue more positive connotations through surviving for millennia, honestly.
Religion statistically makes people less tolerant of 'outsiders', more violent, and aims to suppress information and scientific knowledge and progress that would prove said religion wrong.

And guns should be carefully licensed, and otherwise restricted; it's quite telling that no other "first-world" country or nation (UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Australia, etc.) has as many school shootings, or shootings in general, compared to the USA, and that's partly because it's so much harder to acquire guns when guns are restricted and require licensing (and thus thorough background and personality checks, etc.).
How to prevent people from using guns recklessly, or intentionally to murder? Don't give 'em guns in the first place.

My main issue with religion being classified as the issue is the lack of responsibility it puts on the people who are actually the issue. The creators of said religion(no not God,the wannabe gods) who are the ones abusing the people and the coping systems people use to endure the thing called life are the ones to blame. Because religion is just a kind of culture shared between people who share similar beliefs and much like everything else it's the extremes rather then the in-between where things become messy, it's also the extremes that get the most press and attention and as such ends up looking worse then it actually is.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My main issue with religion being classified as the issue is the lack of responsibility it puts on the people who are actually the issue. The creators of said religion(no not God,the wannabe gods) who are the ones abusing the people and the coping systems people use to endure the thing called life are the ones to blame. Because religion is just a kind of culture shared between people who share similar beliefs and much like everything else it's the extremes rather then the in-between where things become messy, it's also the extremes that get the most press and attention and as such ends up looking worse then it actually is.
gonna be honest with ya chief. I normally scroll by text only posts since there normally not memes...but since when has the meme box been the place to discuss religion. funniest shit ever, not the topic matter but rather where it is

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well worth the price. The bar will make a fine gourmet meal. With a side of $900 Mac Pro WHEELS.
lol'd at your post... or rather because your signature fits very very well there :)

What I was about to say was :
for 3500$??? we are talking about a mac device. It would require at least three time that budget to run crysis well... at medium graphics level

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Kevbo

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol'd at your post... or rather because your signature fits very very well there :)

What I was about to say was :
for 3500$??? we are talking about a mac device. It would require at least three time that budget to run crysis well... at medium graphics level
The burning would give your face a good tan. Everybody will be jealous knowing your playing with a melting brick on your face.

• Haha
Reactions: Noctosphere

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gonna be honest with ya chief. I normally scroll by text only posts since there normally not memes...but since when has the meme box been the place to discuss religion. funniest shit ever, not the topic matter but rather where it is

So first thanks for taking the time to read the post. Second you missed the part where I was replying to the person who actually started the religion talk. Third this is the meme box and while I agree with you that it should be all memes it hasn't been since almost day one we've talked about almost everything. So welcome to the meme box clearly it's your first day here.

Reactions: impeeza

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So first thanks for taking the time to read the post. Second you missed the part where I was replying to the person who actually started the religion talk. Third this is the meme box and while I agree with you that it should be all memes it hasn't been since almost day one we've talked about almost everything. So welcome to the meme box clearly it's your first day here.
you where the last one to comment on it, my bad for not adding them to the quote. and sure, off topic stuff does happen, it's just that religion and politics are where people really start to get heated rather then someone going on there millionth rant on why *insert nintendo thing here* is bad like there going to change somebodies mind

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No those are just incoming calls