Country
Antarctica

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Srsly, we need to get back to "owning" our games, like we used to.. This is still early tho, hope gets pushed for commercial use eventually
View attachment 421999
:arrow:Source
why would they? except if they want to make giga-sized game collection (like "All ubisoft video games ever Collection"), a 125TB DVD won't be of use to anybody.
To be noted that not many gamers actually have 100+TB of hard drive

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Srsly, we need to get back to "owning" our games, like we used to.. This is still early tho, hope gets pushed for commercial use eventually
View attachment 421999
:arrow:Source
1708743985521.png

Post automatically merged:

why would they? except if they want to make giga-sized game collection (like "All ubisoft video games ever Collection"), a 125TB DVD won't be of use to anybody.
For me Will need 4 for make a full backup of my storage. :P

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For one thing, I can never remember what "TERF" stands for.
For a second thing, why is there a hole in Pikachu's tail‽ It's not normal to have a goddamn hole through your body! Pretty sure tails aren't made outta cartilage, like earlobes and noses!

Honestly, that's how I feel about a certain part in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - literally a series of flashbacks that takes forever, and is interspersed with snippets of "guide PC to glowing-light cutscene trigger".
Sure, this part (that takes place after the party is thrown in jail) is supposed to be immensely emotional, but it takes so goddamn long and loses any kind of suspense on repeat playthroughs that I can't help but dislike it.

Oh, and not to mention XC3's tutorials, which are unskippable unless it's a NG+ (and why play NG+ when it really doesn't add anything, unlike in XC2?). Why couldn't MonolithSoft have learned from XC: Definitive, where the tutorials were brief yet effective, and easily mashed through if you already know them?
For fuck's sake, XC3's tutorials painstakingly guide you through the menus, which is completely unnecessary and takes forever. Monolith, you can screw right off with unskippable, tedious tutorials. It's a major reason why I cannot see myself returning to 3 ever again, compared to Definitive and 2 (and Torna: The Golden Country).

Last edited by AkiraKurusu,
Reactions: Xdqwerty

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best way to own games is to pirate them
Not arguing against that.. but just think about it, buying a game disc with all the (uncompressed) data +100gb -as it is now already with some games, keeping in mind that games will be even more demanding in the future- with all the patch & dlc data even.. isn't that good thing? Obv im not expecting it to be this way on day one/release day, but for "complete" package/editions released maybe 6 months or a year after release etc.
Can't tell you about the data read speeds you get with these discs, or if it's any worse/better than with ssd, but it shouldn't be completely terrible if it's going to read data randomly from a disc with that much storage capacity..
And yes, too early to say anything..
125tb on disc sounds a bit absurd, i agree, specially going from what we have now to that. With that said, It's most likely just still in the experimental/ proof of concept stage, but there's a possibility if they'd dial it way down to what could be used commercially, in movies and video games, while optimizing/perfecting laser disc' data read (seamless) efficiency.. But realistically, this may very well be a pipe dream..

c4894289f4c86436f571850785a18f2571e3390c5e776316ad87ecea7a5b50e3_1.jpg.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :shy::blush: