Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Well for the past few weeks the Sakura update and Touchpad updates were at the same time. I am willing bet Sakura has updated, but I can't check since the site is down
Nope, Sakura hasn't been updated yet. If it were, then it would be available on the Chinese website. The latest version there is v1.45 3rd Edition (M19).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Well for the past few weeks the Sakura update and Touchpad updates were at the same time. I am willing bet Sakura has updated, but I can't check since the site is down
Nope, Sakura hasn't been updated yet. If it were, then it would be available on the Chinese website. The latest version there is v1.45 3rd Edition (M19).
I was being a bit sarcastic really, still I kinda though it wasn't updated since I checked dsgogogo and there was nothing about a Sakura update

devmas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like this firmware, so thanks for all of your effort. I recently got an M3i, and am loving it.

I have a few questions, though...

1. I tried to find it, but where is the DSM encoder 2nd edition? I see the link to the 1st edition.
2. Is there no NSF support in Sakura? It's in Moonshell... I tried putting on NSFs and they couldn't be played. I didn't try SPCs or anything else yet.
3. What would you say is/are the best skin(s)? The default pink skin is nice, but it's kind of weird to me...

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
devmas said:
1. I tried to find it, but where is the DSM encoder 2nd edition? I see the link to the 1st edition.
2. Is there no NSF support in Sakura? It's in Moonshell... I tried putting on NSFs and they couldn't be played. I didn't try SPCs or anything else yet.
3. What would you say is/are the best skin(s)? The default pink skin is nice, but it's kind of weird to me...
1. The latest version of the DSM encoder is included with Sakura if you download and install the .msi file. You can usually get it anywhere else, but since most people already have the DSM encoder (or don't want to bother with installing it), I just extracted the SYSTEM folder from it and uploaded the firmware by itself. You can get the entire package including the DSM encoder here.
2. Moonshell 2 has much better support for different file formats than Sakura. Both Moonshell 2 and Sakura were created by Moonlight, but at some point he stopped working with the M3 team and they have been in charge of updating the loader themselves, while Moonlight continued to work independently on Moonshell 2.
3. There are some topics here that can help you decide. You might want to try this topic, or the more recent Essentials: TouchPod and Sakura Skins topic.

devmas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... Thanks for your help! I love the DSM encoder. Encoding with 256 or 320 kb/s video looks better, seeks faster, and isn't that much bigger in size than DPG to me. Too bad it doesn't accept as many file formats.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
777kidis777 said:
So, the latest update for Sakura was to fix even more compatibility with LoZ:ST?
I think that was one of the main fixes, but in the process they messed up the cheats so they stopped working for all games. The newest TouchPod update (v4.7d) fixes the cheat problem, and it's only a matter of time before it's incorporated into Sakura.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
777kidis777 said:
So, the latest update for Sakura was to fix even more compatibility with LoZ:ST?
I think that was one of the main fixes, but in the process they messed up the cheats so they stopped working for all games. The newest TouchPod update (v4.7d) fixes the cheat problem, and it's only a matter of time before it's incorporated into Sakura.
All this time and still working on that game >.> wow, but in time everything will be worked out ^-^

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
@Densetsu3000,
I'm being lazy on this one today....to your knowledge, is the current FW release 1.45 Final clear of the issues that dogged the prior couple of 1.45x updates?
I tested 3 ROMs when 1.45 4th Edition came out:
213p2mx.gif

I only tried these three because these were the most recent big titles with AP (that I can remember). The good news is that none of them need to be patched, but as you can see no one ROM works perfectly with all of the features. I haven't tried any other ROMs, but I'm guessing that they all work normally since no one else has posted any problems with them since the last update.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
Hang on, you mean you don't need to patch PS0 anymore and it will have normal drop rates and will connect to all users (Bahamut, retail, Xenophobia)? Awesome!!
I didn't say all that, all I said is that you can load PS0 and start the game without patching the ROM. I didn't play the game long enough to check on drop rates, nor did I try to connect to other players.

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ummm, sorry to bother but I'm on a mac and as advised I downloaded keka to extract the exe file which then gives me a 7z file. after I extract that file, again I get an exe file. a vicious circle
tongue.gif

is anybody willing to upload the SYSTEM folder?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DCG said:
what are the names of the "newer" now working games?

Original system v4.7d X to run the game engine updates Report:
1. The amendment, "4527 - The Legend of Zelda soul tracks (U.S.)" can not use cheats, now can use cheats;
2. Amendment, "4544 - The Legend of Zelda soul tracks (EU)" can not use cheats, now can use cheats
3. To amend, "4594 - The Legend of Zelda earth's whistle (Japan)" can not use cheats, now can use cheats;
4. Solve the "4611 - Dear girls, big battle story ring ring Tactical Training (Japan)" to avoid problems and can not be a normal response code to use instant archived issues, can now normal game;
5. Solve the "4614 - Car Story: Ao Lama Grand Prix (U.S.)" can not properly use the real-time archiving issues;
6. Solve the "4616 - Super Lightning the dog (Japan)" In the case of adding the soft reset, the game is not running properly issues;
7. Solve the "4617 - Ten Dance DS (Japan)" to avoid problems and can not be a normal response code to use instant archived issues, can now normal game;
8. Solve the "4622 - pony Life Adventures (U.S.)" In the case of adding the soft reset, the game is not running properly issues;
9. Solve the "4624 - Lightning the dog (EU)" In the case of adding the soft reset, the game is not running properly issues;
10. Solve the "4625 - Ultra Ke Luoluo Gunso Movie: Dragon fighters attacking army is also (Korean)" In the case of adding the soft reset, the game is not running properly the problems and can not be properly archived using the immediate problem;
11. Address "4626-FIFA World Player of 2010 (South Korea)" can not properly use the real-time archiving issues;
12. Solve the "4630 - Crayon Shinchan, clay modeling Makeovers! (West)" can not properly use the real-time archiving issues;
13. Solve the "4637 - burst into singing (EU)" can not start to run the problem, can now normal game;
14. Solve the "4638 - Heroes of Might and Magic clash (Europe)" to avoid code games problem, can now normal game;
15. Solve the "4639 - Doraemon Baseball 2: Heat Doo MX stadium (day)" In the case of adding the soft reset, the game is not running properly issues;
16. Solve the "4650 - Small bookworm (U.S.)" can not start to run the problem, can now normal game;
17. Solve the "4651 - Improvisation Performance 2 (America)" NDS / DSi games can not use the soft reset common problems;
18. Solve the "4654 - the last of the window: True Night in the constraint (Japan)" measures to avoid code issues, can now normal game;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches