Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

Pyoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thedicemaster said:
i'm 99.9% certain rumble/ram's rumble works on anything.
i tested it a while ago, and it works even on an official metroid prime hunters.

but it's not really a good game to test with since it doesn't rumble often(space invaders extreme is better, has almost constant rumble)
It works if I boot with the original M3 Real system, but doesn't if I boot with Sakura...

I think Sakura identifies Rumble+Ram as just a Ram pack. daisun said it works for him, if he has a Rumble pack without ram, maybe that's it.

daisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pyoro said:
Do you have the Rumble+Ram pack or just Rumble pack (without ram)?

Yeh, I only have a rumble pack...=( Had i knew better when i got my M3 i would've choosen ram over rumble... o well
rolleyes.gif

Pyoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem seems to be what I thought then... Sakura + Rumble Ram pack = no rumble. For now, at least, as they'll probably fix it in an upcoming version.
smile.gif

But thanks to the Triple Loader, it's not such a big problem... Whenever I want rumble, I just boot the "old" M3 Real system. But I hope they'll fix it soon, I just love Sakura's interface
biggrin.gif
really nice looking, and faster too.

Thanks again, everyone!
smile.gif

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaotic_geo said:
thedicemaster said:
i'm 99.9% certain rumble/ram's rumble works on anything.
i tested it a while ago, and it works even on an official metroid prime hunters.

but it's not really a good game to test with since it doesn't rumble often(space invaders extreme is better, has almost constant rumble)
Ohshit, I never knew that game had rumble! *starts playing*
Neither did I.

The rumble is synced to the music, making it feel a little like Rez. By the way, if you like shooters at all, you owe it to yourself to try this, even if you don't like the original Space Invaders itself. It's like a cross between Space Invaders, Galaga, Planet Puzzle League and Rez.

daisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
^ the game is pretty funky, espeically when the power led on my ds flashes from green to red in sync with the rumble as the battery starts to go low
nds.gif
...lol!
laugh.gif

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've downloaded 1.11 English Firmware, (I have a DSTT). I launched M3SAKURA.nds from YSMENU (And from the DSTTMENU too) and when i try to boot a game it just freezes. I know you can boot games, it's there in the faq. But it just doesn't works.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
litium said:
I've downloaded 1.11 English Firmware, (I have a DSTT). I launched M3SAKURA.nds from YSMENU (And from the DSTTMENU too) and when i try to boot a game it just freezes. I know you can boot games, it's there in the faq. But it just doesn't works.
get an m3real.
m3sakura is m3 real firmware, and rom launching only works on the m3real.

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's really cool and everything... but i think that is a 50mb waste for just play media. If you really want to be happy the way to go is an M3Real. Shame i bought a DSTT.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, yes...It has to take lots of space, so it can run properly, without slowdowns..
And I would agree with you on buying M3 Real totally..
DSTT is a good cart, but I just prefer M3 Real over any cart, as I got used to M3s product, and it has nicely, skinning friendly interface..

multoque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this doesn't really add anything constructive to this thread per se, but.......

Though the translation work that the wonderful GBAtemp members have done is beyond excellent, I do wish that the official English version would come out so that homebrew would work again for me. I've tried reformatting the card and putting a fresh install of Sakura in, then the roms and other stuff, as suggested in the faq post, but I still need to use FlashcartOS to run almost all homebrew. I'd prefer for it to be totally seamless.

But whatever, it works so much better than the old firmware it's insane. Thanks so much for translating this!

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
thebigboss14 said:
hello i new in GBAtemp but i have a few months with my M3 DS Real and Iwas trying the new sakura I wish somebody can tell me how to use the GBA/NDS linkage with a EZflash 3in1 card if the M3 cart does not detect it, please I need help.
Use GBA EXP Loader by Rudolph. I believe this the newest version: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2482

yaynds.gif
I have it already but the problem is that now with the new sakura you cannot load the GBA game and then put the NDS game as you did in the M3 DS Real firmware but don't worry about that i will use the triple boot thingy and i think that it will resolve my problem thank for the help man I rally apreciate your help thank you!!!!

litium

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've got a question. Since i use YSMENU, and it makes use of a TTPATCH file for patching the flas... Does the Sakura uses a file like that to patch the rom? Or something... because it would be nice to check if files can be swaped... but it's just a suggestion.

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Forgive me for being a n00b but I can't seem to get Sakura running on my CycloDS.
frown.gif

I downloaded the latest unofficial English version and dragged 'System' onto the root of my card like it says in the instructions but when I boot up my CycloDS and go into the System folder only the Launch sub-folder contains .nds files. There's Check Disk, Image Viewer, MoonShell and Morning Timer and that's it. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Also, the Check Disk seems to be Japanese only, is there an English version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...