1. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Oh god I wish I knew. I thought they were supposed to fixed in Sakura 1.35 3rd, but then I don't think they were...

It might have been fixed in one of the latest loaders too (the touchpod updates)...I'm not really sure though...

If someone could give me a quick Pointer Type B code in a popular game (such as phoenix wright, TWEWY, etc.), I'll test it. Or if someone could tell me how to diferintiate type B codes from normal ones (I remember some people saying any code that requires a button combo to activate it...but I doubt that...).

2. Densetsu

OP Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    The firmware linked on the first post was downloaded from here. Before installing the .msi file, I removed all previous installations Sakura DSM encoders on my PC, then deleted the "GBAlpha" program folder (along with all of its contents). Then I downloaded v1.40 from linfox domain (only because it was much faster than Handheld Sources--414KB/s for linfox as compared to 23KB/s with handheldsources), installed it, compressed the new SYSTEM folder and uploaded it to the FAQ.

Unless the file uploaded on linfox domain was mislabeled, I'm positive it's the latest version. But just in case, I'm downloading the version from handheldsources right now and I'll be comparing both .msi files once the download is finished.

*EDIT*
    Yep, checked them both out and I have every reason to believe the firmware version on handheldsources and linfox are identical.

Both have the exact same file size of 19,705,344 bytes, they both have a CRC of 5B0A45E, and when I hover my mouse over either .msi file, I get this info.

Therefore, the version uploaded on this FAQ is undoubtedly the latest version. If you got the firmware from this FAQ and it still says v1.35 on the top screen during the memory test, then it's a typo the M3 team overlooked.

3. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

no big deal..they just forgot to change the Checkdisk part from 1.35 to 1.40
    when you power it up if the Sakura animation said 1.40 then it should be 1.40

4. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Yah I was just about to say that, and you can also tell it's the latest version because it says June 2nd on the disc check screen.

5. The Jackal

The Jackal Newbie

Alright then, thanks guys [​IMG]

6. RchUncleSkeleton

RchUncleSkeleton Skeletron 9000

United States
    Apparently there is a problem with the touchpod version that comes with sakura in the dual boot package(yes it's the official one, I downloaded it from handheldsources.com and it's version 1.40 sakura) whenever I try to run pokemon platinum through the touchpod option on the sakura install I get two white screens and nothing else. however on the stand alone install of touchpod as well as the sakura firmware I can play the game fine. I'm wondering if there's a conflict with the sakura files and touchpod on the dual boot. If anyone has any answers I'd appreciate it(I know someone's going to say either just pay it in sakura or install the stand alone version of touchpod, but I like being able to switch between the 2 at my discretion without having to uninstall and reinstall firmwares)

7. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Hmm...the same thing happens with me...

It may just be that the touchpod's auto-bypass/patching got broken in the latest update...

8. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

• correction..I thought I've already mentioned and reported this....
      it's not try to load a different game that doesn't have Soft-Reset enabled that hangs Sakura

it's If you use Soft-Reset to exit a game and go back to the firmware, then try to load a different game that doesn't have a Save File (ex. a game you haven't played), Sakura hangs trying to load the game

9. Densetsu

OP Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    Thanks for clarifying...it's been fixed [​IMG]

10. d3co

d3co Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Can you tell me what the difference between Wallpaper and Skin is? I don't get it..

11. Chrono_Tata

Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Wallpaper is just the picture in the background, a skin has a wallpaper and custom icons and other stuff as well.

12. d3co

d3co Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Ahh, ok. I always thought both had a picture and that's it [​IMG]

13. The Executor

The Executor Member
    Newcomer

i don't know if this was already posted or not and sorry if it has been but i seem to have a problem with M3 Sakura version 1.40. i can run touchpod successfully but not sakura. here's wat happens when i try to load Sakura: M3Saukura firmware Version 1.35(hang on, i downloaded 1.40????) Not Ext Memory
    quick DiskCheck initiated
    Checking for duplicate clusters and fragments progress...6% 1641files.
    It loads up to 6% and then freezes. and why does it say 1.35?
    can someone help plz, or i 'll just have to stick with touchpod... [​IMG]

14. Hardkaare

Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Is your microsd fat16 or fat32?

15. Seastars

Seastars Advanced Member

Hi All,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I am assuming this is the "Ask Noob questions here thread" for M3/Sakura questions*.

a) Can I update my 1.40 Sakura card with the latest v4.3g X46 firmware? Not sure if this affected Sakura or not, or does Sakura firmware that will eventually see these updates? I am a little confused as to exactly which parts are Sakura etc.

Many Thanks,
    Gaspar

16. Djay187

Djay187 GBAtemp Regular

Gaspar if you copy these files from the latest v4.3g X46 firmware over the files in your System folder it should update the Touchpod side of things, but not Sakura.

lic.dat
    m3_g.dat
    m3_m.dat
    menu
    menu.eng

Once you've done this if you hold down A when you switch the DS on, you can chose Touchpod and it should have the latest firmware.

17. Densetsu

OP Densetsu Pubic Ninja
    Former Staff

United States
    That happens to me whenever I have too many files in one folder. The strange thing is that if I have thousands of files in a folder (within subfolders), Sakura will load fine one day, and the next it will stop loading during the Diskcheck. Whenever that happens, I just remove the folder containing all the files from my card and Sakura loads normally again. You should try the same, since it looks like you have an excessive number of files on your card.

If you want to avoid the problem in the future, just turn off Diskcheck.

18. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

• oh yeah, I forgot to post a temporary solution to that hanging bug after using Soft Reset for those who wants to know:
      just enter the NDS Settings menu before launching the next game by Sliding the game to the Left or push X or Y

19. GreenBanana

GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

Man, you know what would be totally awesome and cool and hip? If they stopped updating the fucking Touchpod because it's a piece of crap, and for seriously worked on Sakura which is actually worth releasing.

20. DeltaBurnt

DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Agreed, I'm hoping they make the M3i Zero's official firmware Sakura that way when people get it they won't say "Omg this menu suckzorz!" and we won't have to say "Get he alternate firmware!".

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Sakura,