Hacking The M3 Sakura FAQ

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
GreenBanana said:
dsrules said:
GreenBanana said:
Various cheats don't work, such as the Experience multiplier codes in Pokemon Platinum
been playing with that cheat for 3 days on Sakura 1.35c..I don't see any problems with it
check your codes man or you must be using an old Sakura 1.35
get the newest one from the officical site..not download it from gbatemp
But they just updated this thread five days ago with a huge "5/23" stamp on their topic post. If this is indeed an M3 Sakura FAQ, it's their JOB to make sure they're up to date and providing accurate information.

You're obviously lying anyhow, because they just blatantly don't work. They just do not work. The codes do not work.
what 5/23 time stamp??? the Sakura 1.35 on gbatemp is upload by other users...it's not the newest official release
this is the firmware you need
http://www.handheldsources.com/M3DS/Download_M3DSR.html
released on 4/13/09

M3 Sakura v1.35 3rd Edition (13th-04-2009):

v1.35 3rd integrates the v4.3c game engine from the M3 Real loader:

Change Log of 09-04-2009 4.3c x
===============================
1.Fixed the problem of AR Pointer Cheat Codes..B type support.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
GreenBanana said:
If this is indeed an M3 Sakura FAQ, it's their JOB to make sure they're up to date and providing accurate information.The file has always had the most updated version of M3 Sakura, and every time a new TouchPod update comes out, the system files are incorporated into Sakura and uploaded here.

For the whiners, I downloaded the most current M3 Sakura file hosted on HandHeldSources (M3Sakura Ver1.35 X The 3rd Edition Europe/USA Version, added 13-04-2009), installed the .msi file and retrieved the SYSTEM folder from the program. Turns out it was the same SYSTEM folder that was already uploaded on the FAQ, but I uploaded the newly-downloaded files anyway. TouchPod 4.3f has just been released, so I updated those files as well. At the time of this writing, the firmware uploaded on the first post of this thread is as updated as you can get, and I try to keep it that way as long as I have time (something I have very little of lately).

It's no one's JOB to do anything on this FAQ. No one's getting paid for it. If you don't like it, go look elsewhere, or better yet, start your own and make it better.

QUOTE(GreenBanana @ May 28 2009, 12:43 PM) You're obviously lying anyhow, because they just blatantly don't work. They just do not work. The codes do not work.
It's not good form to call people liars when they're trying to help you out. dsrules provides very reliable information, and even if he was wrong (which I doubt), I wouldn't think he was lying, but merely giving information that he truly believed was correct based on his own experiences. You seem to be the only one having problems with ALL the codes. Some don't work, true, but in my experience it's only amounted to a few cheats that don't work.

OMG what do you do when a cheat doesn't work?!?

Uh, you play it without the cheat, like it was meant to be played, and stop complaining about non-functional cheats.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GreenBanana said:
But they just updated this thread five days ago with a huge "5/23" stamp on their topic post. If this is indeed an M3 Sakura FAQ, it's their JOB to make sure they're up to date and providing accurate information.

You're obviously lying anyhow, because they just blatantly don't work. They just do not work. The codes do not work.
STOP spamming this thread, this is not some kind of official FAQ led by M3 Team, it's an FAQ made and maintained by member of our community, and it's not his JOB to do it, but his good will to help other people, even ungrateful ones like yourself..

Stop whining and complaining, and if you have problems with this thread, just stop coming here!

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was just wondering, how often does Sakura get officially updated?

Nothing I've tried with the rar uploaded here updates the touchpod files for when I load games in Sakura. There seems to have been a few updates since I got the latest official version, but nothing has come up for Sakura. So I'm a tad worried I'm going to miss out when an important update comes out. =\

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Does it usually take that long until they update sakura and even make several new versions of touchpod before they update it?
wacko.gif

temp4746

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
powered_by_tux said:
temp4746 said:
But do those fixes also work in sakura?

Likely not. We will have to wait for another update of the Sakura firmware. I think this might be slowed down by the nearing release of the "M3 Real i".

It probably is... but still they released 3 new version for touchpod and i also think 2 for the itouch...

It's really anoying that they neglect their best firmware isnt it?

Lets hope the delay will also add something new to m3 sakura (not bugs though
tongue.gif
) perhaps making cheats display fully again on the top screen or something like that...

"So zetta slow!"

GreenBanana

Trophies
Website
noino.iwarp.com
XP
Country
powered_by_tux said:
temp4746 said:
But do those fixes also work in sakura?

Likely not. We will have to wait for another update of the Sakura firmware. I think this might be slowed down by the nearing release of the "M3 Real i".

Why would they release M3 Real i? Why would they continue to have anything to do with that shit gui? Don't they notice how you have to wait for every four games to load on your menu? Don't they notice that you have to WAIT in order to see if your button press or screen tap had any effect??

Seriously, the Sakura is a breeze to navigate through and is the STANDARD by which all guis should be judged. Hell, the Real was a step DOWN from the SIMPLY. If anything, the Sakura-i should be released, but only if you don't need a new cart to play it. These hunks of plastic only do anything worthwhile when there's a microSDHC card inside of them, and I already have one of those. Frankly even a functional flash cart still isn't going to make the DSi worth getting.

So the question now is what the hell's the deal with the firmware update today (even though once again the date on the topic post is erroneously pointing to yesterday)?

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GreenBanana said:
Why would they release M3 Real i?

I dunno, to make profits maybe?
wink2.gif

I totally agree with your opinion on the Touchpod firmware. When I first used it as a replacement for my slowly dying Simply, it made me instantly reget having bought the Real. The sluggish menu navigation was the main reason for frustation. Luckily, there came Sakura, which was a much needed relief to catch up with other flash cards interfaces. I think the dual boot feature is a good compromise that makes everyone happy. The Sakura lovers can enjoy a snappy gui, while those who want to use Touchpod only (is there anyone?) can still do so.

Now, I wish that they still continue to fix bugs for Sakura. The major part of the DS crowd has a regular DS and it will be growing despite the release of DSi. Having no GBA port and poorly trying to compete with digital cameras is a huge letdown, at least I hope so.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
GreenBanana said:
Why would they release M3 Real i? Why would they continue to have anything to do with that shit gui? Don't they notice how you have to wait for every four games to load on your menu? Don't they notice that you have to WAIT in order to see if your button press or screen tap had any effect??

Seriously, the Sakura is a breeze to navigate through and is the STANDARD by which all guis should be judged. Hell, the Real was a step DOWN from the SIMPLY. If anything, the Sakura-i should be released, but only if you don't need a new cart to play it. These hunks of plastic only do anything worthwhile when there's a microSDHC card inside of them, and I already have one of those. Frankly even a functional flash cart still isn't going to make the DSi worth getting.

So the question now is what the hell's the deal with the firmware update today (even though once again the date on the topic post is erroneously pointing to yesterday)?
Learn your facts before complaining....M3 Real is a cart, not an firmware.....M3 Real uses two firmwares, TouchPod (the slow and laggy one) and Sakura, newer sleek firmware designed by Moonlight..

They will release M3 Real-i, because that's the name of their top product cart, that cart will probably be able to run both TouchPod and Sakura..

M3 Sakura as an cart was only available as promo cart in Japan, and nowhere else!

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
gamefreak3o3 said:
M3 Sakura won't load NDS files for me, is anyone else having this problem and how might I be able to resolve this.

Are you using clean, i.e. unpatched and untrimmed, NDS files? Does an error message appear? Is a .SAV file present for the game with exactly the size of 512KB?

gamefreak3o3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powered_by_tux said:
gamefreak3o3 said:
M3 Sakura won't load NDS files for me, is anyone else having this problem and how might I be able to resolve this.

Are you using clean, i.e. unpatched and untrimmed, NDS files? Does an error message appear? Is a .SAV file present for the game with exactly the size of 512KB?
My ROMs are unpatched and untrimmed and when I try to load them it just goes to a black screen. I do have .sav present but even if I try to allow it to create the .sav s it does not load.

gamefreak3o3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
powered_by_tux said:
gamefreak3o3 said:

I'm confused now it just decided to start working.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
gamefreak3o3 said:
first of all, are you using a M3Real or something else? 2nd, download the firmware from the official site and copy it to your microsd

gamefreak3o3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
gamefreak3o3 said:
first of all, are you using a M3Real or something else? 2nd, download the firmware from the official site and copy it to your microsd
I am using a M3DS Real and I have already copied the SYSTEM files to my SD card, from the official website. It will load a game 70% of the time, so in order to play a game I generally have to reset my DS about 10 times and select the game about 10 times. When it doesn't work it goes straight to a black screen, it does not show the Loading... screen when it fails to load.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8