Hacking The M3 Quad-Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

setuben

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanna say THANK YOU so much for this, I have a M3 REAL DS and I have to say I had almost given up on playing Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals. I used this and YSMENU is playing the game without any trouble so far: Not only loading but I've gotten past the mine cart area without any freezing. I hope you continue to keep this updated!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
setuben said:
Just wanna say THANK YOU so much for this, I have a M3 REAL DS and I have to say I had almost given up on playing Lufia: Curse of the Sinistrals. I used this and YSMENU is playing the game without any trouble so far: Not only loading but I've gotten past the mine cart area without any freezing. I hope you continue to keep this updated!
No problem
happy.gif
I am glad to be of any help to anyone!
yay.gif

TrainerAbu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do I do to load YSMenu or w/e and junk?

When I turn meh DS on, I can only pick Sakura (which freezes at Now loading...) or Touchpod. And when I load the YSMenu nds file from Touchpod, it freezes. I am a noob :3.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
News everyone!

One year ago today, The M3 Tri-Boot was made public. And even through some negative feed back and several misunderstandings, this project has stood through it all thanks to the help of members like amaro and dsrules who pointed out the exploit and the community for helping me out with updates and pointing the small errors. As well even though the Quad-Boot had many possible death scares thanks to the hostility of the M3 Team, we always found way to keep this project alive and I would like to thank everyone who helped me out with this firmware. I would not have been able to do it alone. I wish there was something I could give for this day, but I have no ideas since other members have done it before me. But I will say thanks to all the Quad-Boot fans and users and thanks GBAtemp for keeping this project alive.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
A Gay Little Catboy said:
News everyone!

One year ago today, The M3 Tri-Boot was made public. And even through some negative feed back and several misunderstandings, this project has stood through it all thanks to the help of members like amaro and dsrules who pointed out the exploit and the community for helping me out with updates and pointing the small errors. As well even though the Quad-Boot had many possible death scares thanks to the hostility of the M3 Team, we always found way to keep this project alive and I would like to thank everyone who helped me out with this firmware. I would not have been able to do it alone. I wish there was something I could give for this day, but I have no ideas since other members have done it before me. But I will say thanks to all the Quad-Boot fans and users and thanks GBAtemp for keeping this project alive.
How about a m3 loader for Each part of the quad boot?
5 mins and I'll have made them
Cept they don't have loaders..

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
ThePowerOutage said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
News everyone!

How about a m3 loader for Each part of the quad boot?
5 mins and I'll have made them
Cept they don't have loaders..
What would that be used for?

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um i kept getting restart the system on ysmeneu on my r4rts when i try to play SAGA 2 the 100% translated version could some sone help me

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
digipokemaster said:
um i kept getting restart the system on ysmeneu on my r4rts when i try to play SAGA 2 the 100% translated version could some sone help me
I think that is an error itself with YSMenu. You will have to wait for Retro to update to fix that.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
digipokemaster said:
ok if u dont mind do u know when that will be?
When some shit on his topic gets settled

News!
I will have the update up by morning or whenever the filetrip problem is settled, but since uploading it requires a lot of bandwith and I am not the only one using it, I will more than likely upload in the morning.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

tkg21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, if I got this right, the quad boot:
-Doesn't need bck-up memory
-Can be used on DSi's
-Just load the normal dual boot (on first), when you select your favorite FW (either Sakura or Touchpod),
-from that FW, you load the others FW, like the R4i, or YSMenu, or any other.

Well... that is what I am able to do with the files I downloaded in the first page.
I am so noob, that I can't find how to install it properly, or how to use it properly.
So sorry for that.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tkg21 said:
So, if I got this right, the quad boot:
-Doesn't need bck-up memory
-Can be used on DSi's
-Just load the normal dual boot (on first), when you select your favorite FW (either Sakura or Touchpod),
-from that FW, you load the others FW, like the R4i, or YSMenu, or any other.

Well... that is what I am able to do with the files I downloaded in the first page.
I am so noob, that I can't find how to install it properly, or how to use it properly.
So sorry for that.
All to you need to do is just download this and extract this directly to your microSD card.

Also I am removing Touchpod due to the fact that it is getting too old, bloated, and every update breaks the previous update.

I still can't update >.

tkg21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you replace the Touchpod with the R4i or YSMenu, on the original dual boot screen? It would be like hot chocolate on a winter's day *-*

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
tkg21 said:
Can you replace the Touchpod with the R4i or YSMenu, on the original dual boot screen? It would be like hot chocolate on a winter's day *-*
I am not sure how to do that, I am working on it right now. I think I might just change it to boot into Sakura and advice not trying to boot into touchpod
I sent dsrules a PM seeing if he knows any possible way of doing it.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
as far as I know, to get 2 Default boot firmwares, it's only possible through Kaura (replace the boot files Sakura.eng and TPload.eng with WoodM3, R4iRTS or YSM3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP