Status
Not open for further replies.

chr0m

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Jwguy said:
Hm. Very well, then. This is a rather lame turn of events.

Tell me about it. I bought one to use with my 3DS, having been really happy with M3 products in the past (Simply and Real). I thought the M3i Zero was the next logical step for 3DS support. Sure, it works with the 3DS, but it doesn't work with this Quad Boot and the latest Sakura has issues with games, namely the latest Professor Layton. So, to play that I was forced to use a different card. I ended up getting both a Supercard DS2 and an AceKard 2i. Both cards are great, but I prefer the Acekard 2i which was 1/3 of the cost of the DS2 and 1/2 the cost of the M3i Zero. I think I'll throw the M3i Zero in the bin, it's the worst card I have.

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
the new m3i zero really sucks... but there was a user around here trying to get his hands on one... maybe you could give the m3i to him? xD

Jwguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got an R4i Gold and am contemplating also getting an EZFlash.

Before I do, does anyone know if there are any similar Multi Boots like this for the R4i Gold? Or will this work on it? I like the idea of having multiple Firmwares I can boot from one menu, personally.

Also, if he wants, I will totally send the M3i to this user for half price. X3

Jwguy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm going to have to get an EZFlash, now.

It's starting to look like the R4i Gold that Gay Little Cat Boy recommended here was a fake, since it doesn't appear to work at all.

Domar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i'm having trouble with this, i'm using an M3 Real, and it says it works for them under the initial post, but after copying the contents of the 7z to my root folder, I booted it up, and it asked if I wanted to use M3 Sakura or M3 Touchpod, I tried Sakura first, it has a Now Loading... Screen, but it freezes there. Touchpod just has a blank screen. Is there something i'm missing in the setup?

Edit: I feel I should mention, i'm using a DS lite.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Domar said:
Hi, i'm having trouble with this, i'm using an M3 Real, and it says it works for them under the initial post, but after copying the contents of the 7z to my root folder, I booted it up, and it asked if I wanted to use M3 Sakura or M3 Touchpod, I tried Sakura first, it has a Now Loading... Screen, but it freezes there. Touchpod just has a blank screen. Is there something i'm missing in the setup?

Edit: I feel I should mention, i'm using a DS lite.
Your card is fragmented
Back up your microSD card and reformat with this
http://filetrip.net/f10976-SDFormatter-Version-3-0BETA.html
Formats your microSD. Use these options : FORMAT TYPE - FULL (Erase ON) : FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON.

Domar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bunch Catboy! It works now, however, I can't figure out how to select cheats, back on the M3 Real when I selected a game, I could go to another tab and select which ones I wanted, however, on this newer M3 Sakura gui(Which is quite slick), After I tap a game it immediately loads it, do I need to load one of the other firmwares from the root? Or is there something i'm missing?

Edit: Figured it out, had to be YWM3, thanks again!

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Domar said:
Thanks a bunch Catboy! It works now, however, I can't figure out how to select cheats, back on the M3 Real when I selected a game, I could go to another tab and select which ones I wanted, however, on this newer M3 Sakura gui(Which is quite slick), After I tap a game it immediately loads it, do I need to load one of the other firmwares from the root? Or is there something i'm missing?

Edit: Figured it out, had to be YWM3, thanks again!
For Sakura, just highlight the rom and press "y" and it will open the second menu.
You can also just press down with your stylus and drag it to the right I believe and it will do the same

hhoyos1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Im having trouble getting this to work. I bought the m3i zero card online and it got it today. I i followed the directions to enable the card and put the firmware on it. Then i ran into the problem of not getting exp in my pokemon black game. As i started to read forums i heard about two things, the retrogamefan multipatcher and the m3 quad boot. It sounded extremely convinient to have 4 different firmwares on my flash cartridge so i followed the instructions in this FAQ and put the quad boot on my microsd chip. Now my games don't even load. When i boot wood it boots it fine, but when i try to select a game with wood it gets stuck on the loading screen. When i try to boot the ysmenu it doesn't even boot it just freezes. Same with the r4i. The m3i won't even load the game i have either. I've been trying to find out if other people have had a similar problem to mine but all my searches turn up is how awesome the m3 quad boot is. Apparently no one has had this problem. I'm at a loss of what to do and would appreciate some help. It's not a faulty cartridge because it was running games fine until i hit the anti piracy, So it does work. The directions to installing the quad boot on this FAQ were pretty straight forward so i didn't mess up anything. Any input would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hhoyos1 said:
Hi. Im having trouble getting this to work. I bought the m3i zero card online and it got it today. I i followed the directions to enable the card and put the firmware on it. Then i ran into the problem of not getting exp in my pokemon black game. As i started to read forums i heard about two things, the retrogamefan multipatcher and the m3 quad boot. It sounded extremely convinient to have 4 different firmwares on my flash cartridge so i followed the instructions in this FAQ and put the quad boot on my microsd chip. Now my games don't even load. When i boot wood it boots it fine, but when i try to select a game with wood it gets stuck on the loading screen. When i try to boot the ysmenu it doesn't even boot it just freezes. Same with the r4i. The m3i won't even load the game i have either. I've been trying to find out if other people have had a similar problem to mine but all my searches turn up is how awesome the m3 quad boot is. Apparently no one has had this problem. I'm at a loss of what to do and would appreciate some help. It's not a faulty cartridge because it was running games fine until i hit the anti piracy, So it does work. The directions to installing the quad boot on this FAQ were pretty straight forward so i didn't mess up anything. Any input would be awesome. Thanks in advance.
Check the top right hand corner of your card, if it says "gmp z003" Then sadly, nothing will work on it, since it locks out alternate firmwares. M3 Team spent months of not updating to make that card to lock me out, then they died off the face of the Earth.
If it doen't say that, then
Formats your microSD. Use these options : FORMAT TYPE - FULL (Erase ON) : FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON.

hhoyos1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
hhoyos1 said:
Check the top right hand corner of your card, if it says "gmp z003" Then sadly, nothing will work on it, since it locks out alternate firmwares. M3 Team spent months of not updating to make that card to lock me out, then they died off the face of the Earth.
yea you're right it says gmp z003 on it. man i can't believe i missed that. i was looking at the box and not the actual cartridge. thanks for the reply. In your opinion which flash cartridge would you say is the best one to get?

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
hhoyos1 said:
hhoyos1 said:
yea you're right it says gmp z003 on it. man i can't believe i missed that. i was looking at the box and not the actual cartridge. thanks for the reply. In your opinion which flash cartridge would you say is the best one to get?
In opinion if you don't care too much about features, Acekard 2i is the best card out there, but that's just my opinion.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Good news everyone!
Retro has updated his files, so The Quad-Boot was updated as well, which means yet again YSM3 is now the best firmware to use when it comes down to compatibility
toot.gif

As always no word from the M3 Team because they are dead because they are lazy and since no M3 Team means Sakura nor R4i RTS have any updates, as well Wood will remain close-source (please don't derail my topic to talk about that) so no update for that, but then again the NDS won't be around for too much longer since the 3DS is wiggling its way into taking the DS's spot in everyone's pocket, so soon enough The Quad-Boot will no longer require any updates sadly.

Niklas_101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As always no word from the M3 Team because they are dead because they are lazy and since no M3 Team means Sakura nor R4i RTS have any updates, as well Wood will remain close-source (please don't derail my topic to talk about that) so no update for that, but then again the NDS won't be around for too much longer since the 3DS is wiggling its way into taking the DS's spot in everyone's pocket, so soon enough The Quad-Boot will no longer require any updates sadly.

So an M3 with quad-boot will be up to date and able to play any game on the DS from now until its fairly imminent demise?
That pretty much settles which cart I'm getting next, I just hope the place I'm getting it has the non-GiMPed version.

The Catboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Niklas_101 said:

So an M3 with quad-boot will be up to date and able to play any game on the DS from now until its fairly imminent demise?
That pretty much settles which cart I'm getting next, I just hope the place I'm getting it has the non-GiMPed version.
Yeah pretty much, I already made a small speech for it and everything.
Also I suggest investing in something like a Supercard Two, Acekard 2i, Ez-Flash Vi, or R4i DSN since they all have very active teams and less frustration.
The M3 scene is pretty much kept alive by Retro, gaboros, and myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +1