GCN The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Japanese Prototype Pre release Demo Nintendo

TeleportingKitty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap! I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but hopefully someone on the gbahacking team can buy this and dump the game so everyone can dig into the files!! The game is on ebay, I can't post a link here I guess, msg me if you want the link.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is different about this version?

The prototype demo is near-final, although there are quite a number of minor differences between this and the official Japanese and USA releases. Here's some of the few I noticed:

• Photo 1-3: The title screen takes place at night, and looks beautiful when the stars quickly populate the screen.
  • Photo 4: The broken bridge area at Outside Island has Keese flying around, making it tricky to fly through them.
  • Photo 5: Forsaken Fortress has a strange eye emblem over the main tower door.
  • Photo 6: The Forsaken Fortress scene where Link flies in has different cloud textures when Link hits the wall.
  • Photo 7-8: Resetting the game occasionally causes graphic issues and tearing. Likely has something to do with the error code that pops up on the top-left of the screen.
  • Photo 9: Forcing the game to start in a new profile crashes the game, and an error code is displayed.

Other differences
:

• Beedle's boat plays a melody from the boat's horn whenever Link gets near it. It sounds nice at first, but gets annoying since Beedle constantly goes around the islands. Probably was removed from the final for that reason.
  • The game seems to have more bugs than the final releases, probably why error codes sometimes appear. It seems more likely to happen when the game is reset for some reason.
  • Going to Windfall Island after Forsaken Fortress crashes the game when the cutscene is shown.
  • And more...

The demo is timed, but a little hackery can override it allowing you to adventure longer. A Japanese GameCube or Wii is generally required to play this disc, but it can also be freeloaded.

The photos are in the listing....

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: IncredulousP

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I saw this listing on ebay weeks ago and thought it was just someone trying to scalp a lot of money out of a fool. I guess I was wrong.

Shame that it's gone now. I doubt we'll ever see this again.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by Reynardine,

Site & Scene News