GCN The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker Japanese Prototype Pre release Demo Nintendo

TeleportingKitty

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap! I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but hopefully someone on the gbahacking team can buy this and dump the game so everyone can dig into the files!! The game is on ebay, I can't post a link here I guess, msg me if you want the link.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is different about this version?

The prototype demo is near-final, although there are quite a number of minor differences between this and the official Japanese and USA releases. Here's some of the few I noticed:

• Photo 1-3: The title screen takes place at night, and looks beautiful when the stars quickly populate the screen.
  • Photo 4: The broken bridge area at Outside Island has Keese flying around, making it tricky to fly through them.
  • Photo 5: Forsaken Fortress has a strange eye emblem over the main tower door.
  • Photo 6: The Forsaken Fortress scene where Link flies in has different cloud textures when Link hits the wall.
  • Photo 7-8: Resetting the game occasionally causes graphic issues and tearing. Likely has something to do with the error code that pops up on the top-left of the screen.
  • Photo 9: Forcing the game to start in a new profile crashes the game, and an error code is displayed.

Other differences
:

• Beedle's boat plays a melody from the boat's horn whenever Link gets near it. It sounds nice at first, but gets annoying since Beedle constantly goes around the islands. Probably was removed from the final for that reason.
  • The game seems to have more bugs than the final releases, probably why error codes sometimes appear. It seems more likely to happen when the game is reset for some reason.
  • Going to Windfall Island after Forsaken Fortress crashes the game when the cutscene is shown.
  • And more...

The demo is timed, but a little hackery can override it allowing you to adventure longer. A Japanese GameCube or Wii is generally required to play this disc, but it can also be freeloaded.

The photos are in the listing....

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: IncredulousP

Reynardine

The Villagefox
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I saw this listing on ebay weeks ago and thought it was just someone trying to scalp a lot of money out of a fool. I guess I was wrong.

Shame that it's gone now. I doubt we'll ever see this again.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited by Reynardine,
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    I did five years ago
    Gift
  • KennieDaMeanie @ KennieDaMeanie:
    Charging pads are like $10 anyway
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    "Some they do its especially useful for people at a desk for work that's looking at a pc screen all day"
    I don't see what's so hard about plugging your phone in and charging it at the end of the night, my phone basically never runs out of battery mid day
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    especially if you're using your PC instead of your phone lol
    Gift
    It's not about being hard but the ease of use of just grabbing it while it's charging
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    that's fair tbh
    Gift
    And less wear and tear on the port it's self
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    I think it's a cool option but I also don't think it needs to be like, the only option or anything, especially when the port can have other uses
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    (USB-C flash drives, using a cord to transfer files to/from PC)
    Gift
    I'd be more into them if they can charge to 100 in like 30 minutes
    Gift
    Plus c cables are still worn easier especially if you rest the cord on your chest or something while replying to emails at bedtime or whatever usb c cords still aren't that durable is what I'm trying to say
    Gift
    Screenshot-20211026-215904.jpg
    Cameras crap but still this is like 2 weeks of use lol
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    I think it definitely depends, bc I've not had any issues with any of my usb-c cords I've ever owned
    personally
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    I think the one I use for my phone is one of the Switch pro controller cords, those are weirdly sturdy for better or for worse
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    but I've got a cheap walmart cord that's faring well too
    Gift
    It's just depending on what you use
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    yeah for sure
    Gift
    I prefer using my phone more than my pc weirdly so it would tear more
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    yeah that'd make sense
    Gift
  • CeeDee @ CeeDee:
    I use my computer far more than my phone so it makes enough sense that my phone is faring well
    Gift
    Pc is basically a overpowered Netflix station so I use my phone to co trol all media off it
    Gift
    More so a Upnp station or dlna
    Gift
    Which reminds me I need a 4tb hdd pretty soon
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    bruh my friend was almost out of space on his 1 tb harddrive so he renamed it to "one pic of julie's mom"
    Gift
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: bruh my friend was almost out of space on his 1 tb harddrive so he renamed it to "one pic of...