The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - second official trailer revealed

Those eagerly awaiting Breath of the Wild 2 can see some interesting new things in the latest trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. The 2-minute trailer shows both story and gameplay. Tears of the Kingdom launches on the Nintendo Switch on May 12, 2023. A collector's edition and new amiibo will also be available, at launch.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
doubt there will be a lot of changes from Botw ?

didn't like botw as the controlls were super bad in my opinion as well as that stupid mechanic of always having to get new equipment after almost every fight as they broke down in an instand :/

never made it out of the first tutorial zone even after trying twice (once on the switch and once on en emulator hoping that it might be better playing with the keyboard but yeah that was even worse XD)

Reactions: Ligeia and yoyoyo69

ChaosEternal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The sidequests are what made Majora's Mask so great though. Collecting the masks was fun, and since each one had a unique ability, with some of them being required to progress other sidequests, each one felt worth it.
Even though Majora's Mask's story was short, that paired with the all-new world made it feel like a brand new game.
Tears of the Kingdom doesn't appear to have a brand new world, and the sidequests in BotW didn't seem worth it for the most part, most of them didn't give you anything unique, you only got a few spirit orbs out of it and some not that useful armor, so I'm not expecting this to be any better there either.
So I don't think it can be compared to Majora's Mask at all. Majora's Mask was everything this isn't. The engine was pretty much the only thing it had in common with OoT.
Too early to say for sure, but there is every indication that this will not be anything like what Majora's Mask was to OoT. It'll just be more of the same, with little significant improvements or changes to speak of.
I was really hyped for BotW, I'm a lot less hyped for this, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it nonetheless. I was really hoping it would fuse the old with the new, and bring back the unique obtainable items you get in dungeons (and sometimes out of dungeons), but seeing Link shield surfing on railroad tracks makes me pretty sure they're not gonna do that.
Although, they could give you a new Sheikah Slate ability in each dungeon, instead of giving you all of them at the beginning. That actually wouldn't be a bad idea, and would be pretty similar to how the unique items in dungeons worked before. And more abilities = more fun. I definitely saw one new ability in that trailer (not sure how it works yet), so I hope there's a bunch more.
Besides the engine, it also shared a significant number of 3D models and items. I see your point though, the gameplay loop was pretty heavily modified which it looks like won't be the case here.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CE set kinda sucks 'cause they're not even including a Music CD of the game. BotW CE had it! :(

tokse.jpg

Dax_Fame

Annoying Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like... Botw + more crafting :mellow:

Disappointed... Not at all surprised *sigh* but I guess we'll see

I have hope and will of course waste my money. Botw was a game I thought I liked but around 200 hours I started to realize I didn't. It's not a bad game it's just not a good Zelda title... and this seems to be more of the not Zelda stuff which personally doesn't excite me.

I miss the old formula :sad: I was hoping they'd return to form a bit with this......... But again, maybe they will. Can't say for sure at this point.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am a huge fan of Zelda. By judge of this, I think Nintendo is lazy. That's huge concerning for me. I think I will borrow someone or rent it. Disappointment I think.
if you have a hacked switch just rent and dump the cart for personal use takes the risk out of using the internet to commit piracy

GoldenBoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to play this game in the most beautiful way, without framedrops and if possible even with raytracing.

I’ve seen botw can look amazing on some PCs. Can someone tell me which PC components I need to have to enjoy something like this?

• Wow

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm afraid this will be as empty and tedious as the insanely overrated BOTW. But it doesn't matter it's gonna get automatic 20/20 reviews of course. BOTW was fun to explore but combat and temples were atrocious.

Zelda has officially jumped the shark.

I think it did with Skyway Sword lol... Even a re-release was not enough to salvage that turd. It introduced the "more realistic" silly gameplay philosophy that perverted the series and made BOTW such a chore to play without cheats. I hate that stamina meter with such a passion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt