The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - gameplay demonstration, limited edition Switch OLED

Nintendo has given fans a long-awaited update on the status of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. As of today, development has wrapped up, meaning the game is on track for its May launch. The ten minutes of gameplay shows some exploration of Hyrule, new powers that Link has, and the new Sky Islands. Weapon degradation makes a return, but you can now fuse random items together to create weapons with better durability; enemies can do this as well. Arrows can also be fused to have new elemental effects, and homing arrows can be made as well. "Ultrahand" is an ability that lets you stick items together--for example, you can stick three large logs and two fans together to create a boat, with seemingly lots of crafting potential to play around with. Another new gameplay element called ascend allows you to rocket up to a ceiling and go through it to the top of wherever you are.

dsadasd.png

Nintendo also used the opportunity to reveal a Tears of the Kingdom limited edition Nintendo Switch OLED console. Like most Nintendo limited edition systems, it does not come with the game, though it releases just a little earlier than Tears of the Kingdom, with a release date of April 28th.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The whole concept of making a console themed around a game and not actually coming with said game is still ridiculous to me and I wish Nintendo would stop doing that.

Now in terms of the game itself, it looks absolutely sick and I'm definitely getting it day one! I didn't even watch the whole video (I wanna discover some things for myself), but I'm already sold on this being a good game :)
If I also want to buy the collector's edition game, then I don't need an extra copy for extra money.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Confirmed! Same day dlc WITH 1 NEW DUNGEON in 2024!!!!!!

So dungeons have returned and slipped out here with the dlc!

If this is an April's fool ama lose my shit :rofl2:

Well my shits been lost but I'll leave it there!!! :blush: [\spoiler]

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Confirmed! Same day dlc WITH 1 NEW DUNGEON in 2024!!!!!!

So dungeons have returned and slipped out here with the dlc!

If this is an April's fool ama lose my shit :rofl2:

Well my shits been lost but I'll leave it there!!! :blush: [\spoiler]

How is this not an April's Fool joke?
Who would believe this?

• Haha
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: