Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

linkje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can somebody help me? I'm stuck in the first puzzle of the first dungeon :P. I'm in the room with the eye that follows your sword but i can't seem to figure out how to get past it.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone please explain to me how to properly walk across the tightropes... I've tried twisting the wiimote left and right and physically waving it left and right and I can't seem to figure out what the hell it wants me to do. I can get across usually but damn, it's a long stupid process usually.

Can somebody help me? I'm stuck in the first puzzle of the first dungeon :P. I'm in the room with the eye that follows your sword but i can't seem to figure out how to get past it.

I am stuck in the same spot.
The eye watches your sword... try to make it dizzy... :P If you need a more specific answer, let me know.

linkje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Someone please explain to me how to properly walk across the tightropes... I've tried twisting the wiimote left and right and physically waving it left and right and I can't seem to figure out what the hell it wants me to do. I can get across usually but damn, it's a long stupid process usually.

I am stuck in the same spot.
The eye watches your sword... try to make it dizzy... :P If you need a more specific answer, let me know.

thx that worked

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country

Hold your Wiimote upwards (like when you are charging your sword) and tilt it left/right. Its quite difficult in the beginning but once you get the hang of it its rather easy.

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hold your Wiimote upwards (like when you are charging your sword) and tilt it left/right. Its quite difficult in the beginning but once you get the hang of it its rather easy.
Thank you, got it :D .. For the tightropes, hold the wiimote so that the sensor points upwards and tilt.
Ok thanks... I was holding it horizontally. I'll give that a go. :D

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll say one thing... if this first start of the game and first temple are any indication, this game is gonna stump me - A LOT. And I'm glad because I don't want a walk in the park.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Not really a problem as such but ... when you start the sword training, right at the beginning, how do you destroy the log on the rope ? Every direction / attack I tried just resulted in the log swinging back and forth and I could see no method of cutting the rope.

Kadin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a problem as such but ... when you start the sword training, right at the beginning, how do you destroy the log on the rope ? Every direction / attack I tried just resulted in the log swinging back and forth and I could see no method of cutting the rope.

That's for when you get the shield later on.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
is there any way to adjust the camera when walking (besides centering with Z)? autocam is really broken and drives me nuts.
all hail to classic controls and a second analogue stick.

is there any way to adjust the speed of the camera when in ego mode? its way too slow.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen this asked a few times in the release thread, but I don't remember the answer and can't be bothered to dig through tons of pages. x)

First temple,

after hitting the lower switch and raising the water level, what next?

EDIT: D'oh, nevermind. Posted in a thread below.

Here's the answer:

I was able to figure it out. After you you raise the water level for the first time, go back to the main crossroads, drop into the water, swim under the lefthand arc. You will find a switch that'll open the door above you.

CarlosA.Bucheli

Trophies
XP
Hi to everyone, I'm kind of stuck in Earth Temple, I don't know how to cross to the other side of the main room (the one you begin rolling that stone) I see you can push a switch with the ball in the other side but I can't reach it, any ideas ?

paratroopa

Trophies
XP
Country

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How do you get the Skulltulas to expose their stomach?
Hit it with the sword until it turns around.
Sideways swipes seem to do the trick
The ones that dangle from their webs, I can get them to turn around but no matter how I hit them, it won't deal damage to them...
Do a spin attack and then shoot the weak spot with the slingshot. It will stun the skulltula and then just use a couple thrusts.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beat the 3 places already, now i wanna be lazy.

where is the Ancient Flower at so i can trade it and get the robot fixed so he can get the windmill propeler working so i can get the first sacred flame?

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
beat the 3 places already, now i wanna be lazy.

where is the Ancient Flower at so i can trade it and get the robot fixed so he can get the windmill propeler working so i can get the first sacred flame?
There are at least 3 Ancient Flowers just laying around inside the Lanayru Mines. Just run around you should see some flowers on the ground you can pick up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up