The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask lands on Nintendo Switch Online next week

s-l500.jpg

The next addition to the Nintendo Switch Online classic games library will be the iconic Nintendo 64 game The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. It'll be landing on the service next week, on February 25th, for all NSO + Expansion Pack subscribers.

As of right now, there are 11 N64 titles available on the service, with the most recent addition being Banjo-Kazooie. Other games such as Mario Golf, Pokemon Snap, and F-Zero X are expected to hit the Expansion Pack as well, given the fact they were previously teased in a trailer by Nintendo.

DerpDingus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I paid about 300 for the ODIN pro plus the dock . Can play everything from NES to Wii games without issues . Ill have a nice piece of hardware for years to come and I can avoid begging Nintendo to release their old fucking games that I would have to pay 50-60 + a year just to have the privilege until they release another underpowered console and then repeat that shitty old process again

Reactions: Spider_Man

SleepingGuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Paid $10 for switch family and expansion for 12mos. It's been a year+, I wanted the Mario parties from the 64.
Hope for GameCube someday🥱.

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe the Anju & Kafei quest is patched out, it's controversial after all.
Hope the input delay and fog etc. is fixed.
A great way to play Majoras Mask is on a hacked 3DS with the restoration mod which fixes swimming and deku movement.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already have 2 v1 switches, I wanted an oled for online games.
so get injecting your own games, fuck paying and waiting for nintendont to decide as/when you get to play its games, clearly theyre keeping popular titles on hold to keep its interest going rather than releasing it as a complete service with all its games and then the question is, will nintendo keep them as i cant see them continuing to pay licenses to third parties to use their games.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the Anju & Kafei quest is patched out, it's controversial after all.
Hope the input delay and fog etc. is fixed.
A great way to play Majoras Mask is on a hacked 3DS with the restoration mod which fixes swimming and deku movement.
why play an n64 game that has a remaster in 3d?

anyway, regardless of the fact i can inject my n64 roms into my switch, i have no need now when my tv itself even emulates n64 games better than on the switch.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it that bad? ive been playing paper mario and it has been pretty killer.
It depends on the game, the emulator they're using was confirmed to be the same one used in 3D all stars. That was only optimized for one game, not a one size fits all approach

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Am I really on GBAtemp? ,where waninkoko,cyan and Nintendo fans gathered ? For a second I thought I was on PC master race.com or Sony defense force.com ...
There's a famous idiom in the middle east that sums up the situation.
الكلام تنبح والقافلة تسير

Cris1997XX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow, what a fucking shithole this is. You guys think people can't be happy with whatever they have? You feel the need to criticize their choices every goddamn time. So what if I want to play Majora's Mask on Nintendo Switch Online? Maybe I don't want to bother loading a ROM on Project 64. I'm sick of reading comments like these, honestly

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
never said they dont sell did I.

so your trying to say the switch isnt littered with old ports, make note tho, its not hat pal, its what it is and no one gives a fuck if a system is selling well, its only the fanboys that brag, well at least you have something to brag after its last tablet clone attempt was a failure and even that was what..... another chance for third parties to port its last gen games over to.

and what was nintendo promise for that.... and again for this..... better what??

nintendo cant even be arsed to support its console and theyll keep doing so when its devoted fans keep them in business as they keep recycling the same games.

as for console sales, i dont give two craps on console sales as that means nothing, nintendo is selling better than the wii and wii u, but its game library is crap, majority of its games i already own, but also how many revisions have nintendo made that also increases its sales when collectors and its fans will buy every version they release.

sorry that my comment upset you so much to come in to defend...... but you know its true
Yes I know its true, but you need to agree that they nailed their strategy with the switch, underpowered console but somehow innovative and with good exclusives = sales success

My last nintendo console was a N64 back in the 90’s, after that life happened I didnt have much free time and I played most PC games but in 2018 I bought a switch to play mario odyssey and revisit some of my childhood, I cant say I regret buying it…with all the things u said its still a pretty nice console and if u are like me that never owned a wii/wii u pretty much all titles were brand new, even the recycled ones… but yeah im not saying u are wrong I wish nintendo offered more for the price they ask us but that wont change the fact the switch is a big commercial success with a huge library of games even if they dont keep steady FPS :D

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know its true, but you need to agree that they nailed their strategy with the switch, underpowered console but somehow innovative and with good exclusives = sales success

My last nintendo console was a N64 back in the 90’s, after that life happened I didnt have much free time and I played most PC games but in 2018 I bought a switch to play mario odyssey and revisit some of my childhood, I cant say I regret buying it…with all the things u said its still a pretty nice console and if u are like me that never owned a wii/wii u pretty much all titles were brand new, even the recycled ones… but yeah im not saying u are wrong I wish nintendo offered more for the price they ask us but that wont change the fact the switch is a big commercial success with a huge library of games even if they dont keena steady FPS :D
no, what exclusives exactly, it did well because it managed to this time actually clone the concept of tablet gaming.

and have to love the irony how ones that defend nintendo always have the same argument to defend them, so you never owned a wii or wii u by magic, then why waste money buying a new console to play the exact same old games?

you could pick up a wii or wii u for far less and the game too.

console sales means nothing at all, look at how many different versions nintendo released, ones limited with different coloured joy cons...... thats its purpose, fans will buy each version they crap out.

it has a huge library of games..... 90% of them are old ports, a good say 70% of them are crap indie shit titles that arent even worth paying for.

just because a console sells well, doesnt mean its not a shit console littered with shit games, i see people all the time especially parents saying brand new switch for sale, got for kids but they had no interest in it, likely because it has nothing new worth buying again if youve played it before your not going to buy it again.

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no, what exclusives exactly, it did well because it managed to this time actually clone the concept of tablet gaming.

and have to love the irony how ones that defend nintendo always have the same argument to defend them, so you never owned a wii or wii u by magic, then why waste money buying a new console to play the exact same old games?

you could pick up a wii or wii u for far less and the game too.

console sales means nothing at all, look at how many different versions nintendo released, ones limited with different coloured joy cons...... thats its purpose, fans will buy each version they crap out.

it has a huge library of games..... 90% of them are old ports, a good say 70% of them are crap indie shit titles that arent even worth paying for.

just because a console sells well, doesnt mean its not a shit console littered with shit games, i see people all the time especially parents saying brand new switch for sale, got for kids but they had no interest in it, likely because it has nothing new worth buying again if youve played it before your not going to buy it again.
How many people bought the console just to play Odyssey and BOTW? Come on… you are diminishing the ninty fanbase…

I surely bought because of those 2 title alone and I would never buy a wii u if nintendo had a better/newer console for sale….

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many people bought the console just to play Odyssey and BOTW? Come on… you are diminishing the ninty fanbase…

I surely bought because of those 2 title alone and I would never buy a wii u if nintendo had a better/newer console for sale….
i admit i bought for BOTW and it was a complete pile of shit, as a zelda fan i found it absolutely boring and that bored of it i had to go fight ganon just to get it completed after a week or so. never returned to it, never will and have 0 interest in its next one either.

mario wasnt bad, but all its done different was removed the jump in/out of a world, but its still the same shit over and over and over and over.

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i admit i bought for BOTW and it was a complete pile of shit, as a zelda fan i found it absolutely boring and that bored of it i had to go fight ganon just to get it completed after a week or so. never returned to it, never will and have 0 interest in its next one either.

mario wasnt bad, but all its done different was removed the jump in/out of a world, but its still the same shit over and over and over and over.
I share the exact same feelings for BOTW…never played more than 30ish hours never finished and doesnt appeal to me at all.. and yeah I’m also a big zelda fan but that game felt strange.. lack os dungeons and a linear story bothered me a lot.. but we bought it didnt we? Maybe we are getting old? People in general loved that game, reviews are everywhere…

Mario Odyssey I loved everything on it.. it would worthy the 300$ just to play that one..

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I share the exact se feelings for BOTW…never played more than 30ish hours never finished and doesnt appeal to me at all.. and yeah I’m also a big zelda fan but that game felt strange.. lack os dungeons and a linear story bothered me a lot.. maybe we are getting old? People in general loved that game, reviews are everywhere…

Mario Odyssey I loved everything on it.. it would worthy the 300$ just to play that one..
to be honest, nintendo pick out reviewers who are dedicated fans that write for blogs and websites ect, cant tell me the chief editor for nintendo consoles and its fellow contributors are not nintendo fans....

so of course a fanboy is going to say nothing but positive for the console/franchise they love.

take the new pokemon, rather than admit it was a fucking shit move, its boring and has little to offer, they speak little of the flaw but then blame it on innovation..... what the actual fuck, you cant say something is bad then also call it innovation or a masterpiece.

i tried pokemon, got past the tutorial and thought fuck this crap, it was terrible, it felt like BOTW, even recycled the same sounds as BOTW.

the switch has nothing at all this time that i would say is worth buying the console for, and the list kept getting lower and lower as each new console came out, starting from the N64 been the best, the cube was the start of it all.

now all nintendo care about is making cheap shit with a gimmick to make it print money and recycle the same old crap and they restrict third parties from actually supporting their consoles by choosing inferior hardware, so all they can do is either pay more to dumb their new AAA titles down, or make a version of its own (which wont bring the sales return) so they just go for porting its old titles over again.

this is done intentionally, when nintendos own titles dont have any competition, it leaves the market open for them to shift more units, what would you pick, BOTW over something like Fallout, Mario over Resident Evil 2 remake.

or if you are lucky to get the same game at the same time, its a very shit version of it, i know gta definitive editions were bad, but fucking hell, the switch version might have not bothered at all, its absolutely shit in comparison.

Reactions: Tumbleweed

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, what a fucking shithole this is. You guys think people can't be happy with whatever they have? You feel the need to criticize their choices every goddamn time. So what if I want to play Majora's Mask on Nintendo Switch Online? Maybe I don't want to bother loading a ROM on Project 64. I'm sick of reading comments like these, honestly
Don't you know? It's cool to jump on the complaining bandwagon even though you had no intention of even playing it, and it's cool to bring up you have ROMs like it makes you some kinda bad ass, happens every time a new NSO game releases

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Shubshub @ Shubshub: oshit its the real jdbye