Gaming The Legend of Zelda 3DS Gameplay

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if Aganaham or whatever his name was will show up again.
:D

Still can't remember the names in this game, remember the name Sahasrahla, of the old dude you communicated with through those tele tiles?
...Well neither do I.

Whenever the name showed up I was like, sahlrsh... eh screw this.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just pushing buttons is more fun to me :D
The touch controls are good for a particular type of Zelda game, but putting them in a game that's meant to be an aLttP sequel very well might change the gameplay to the point where it's not even related to aLttP except in theme anymore. And of course, it might put off those retro gamers who might not have touched a Zelda game since aLttP, and aren't used to or appreciative of the touch controls in the DS titles.

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my opinion it looks way too congested because its 3-Dimensional and there is so much more to see. Link to the past was 2D and pix-elated so it was a different experience .

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
The touch controls are good for a particular type of Zelda game, but putting them in a game that's meant to be an aLttP sequel very well might change the gameplay to the point where it's not even related to aLttP except in theme anymore. And of course, it might put off those retro gamers who might not have touched a Zelda game since aLttP, and aren't used to or appreciative of the touch controls in the DS titles.

Well considering that the guy in the video is clearly using the hardware controls, and that was always going to be the case anyway, there's no real need to worry, is there?!

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well considering that the guy in the video is clearly using the hardware controls, and that was always going to be the case anyway, there's no real need to worry, is there?!
i wasn't worried. I was just discussing with someone why I think it's a good thing touch controls aren't in it.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Well I think everybody's in agreement there, then :)
I'm just glad that you can actually move diagonally (maybe even 360 degrees with the circle pad, from the look of it), and thank God. That was the one thing I hated about aLttP, since it didn't have that. Do many cheap hits and deaths as a result. Lol

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm just glad that you can actually move diagonally (maybe even 360 degrees with the circle pad, from the look of it), and thank God. That was the one thing I hated about aLttP, since it didn't have that. Do many cheap hits and deaths as a result. Lol

The touch screen could certainly be put to good use though. As I posted in the USN thread:

What I would *really* like to see would be the ability to doodle over the map, which presumably you'll be able to have on the bottom screen at all times (well flipping it between than and inventory anyway). I'm a pretty forgetful person so after I've revisited a place a couple of times and it's clear that that particular place is of NO use whatsoever in this particular part of the game, I can draw a big fat cross over it. And like, circles around the fairy caves so I know a)where the nearest one is when I need one and b) not to bother revisiting a fairy cave when I'm hearts-up already

Reactions: TripleSMoon

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Jiehfeng

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It was pretty much confirmed that a majora's mask remake would come after a top down zelda, don't worry its coming.
"pretty much confirmed"? Seriously?

That's the overstatement of the year. All Nintendo said was that Operation Moonfall has been "noted" and that they " hope to respond to fans' request in the future." Furthermore, they said that if (keyword IF) they do an MM remake, it wouldn't be until after an original Zelda for 3DS. That's it. They never "pretty much confirmed" anything.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

That's the overstatement of the year. All Nintendo said was that Operation Moonfall has been "noted" and that they " hope to respond to fans' request in the future." Furthermore, they said that if (keyword IF) they do an MM remake, it wouldn't be until after an original Zelda for 3DS. That's it. They never "pretty much confirmed" anything.
But it's Nintendo and money without the need to be creative so it's pretty much confirmed.

Reactions: heartgold

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country

They already built the engine for Ocarina, and MM uses a similar engine if not the same. It would be incredibly unlikely for Nintendo to not remake MM in the near future, with it being outsourced its probably already in production.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1