• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 4,898
  • Replies 78
  • Likes 1
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
I'd very much like to say it would be GameCube for me, but it isn't, I really like the NGC but all in all, the last best Nintendo console was definitely the SNES. SNES had an awesome library of games, well built console that topped the competition, music sounds awesome, the controller is easy to pick up and play with all the buttons and digital triggers needed and lastly, it's by far the best console of the 4th generation.

SNES_Console_lg._V344019168_.jpg

Admittedly, I do tend to favour for Sega Mega Drive but that was nostalgia speaking, once I got one myself again and played the games on the console itself, it blew me away how good they still are and will always be (emulation kinda takes away the beauty of the games from running on its original hardware). Great games age well! Well, with that said, I recently played Crash Bandicoot 1 on my PS1 and the graphics still look lovely for its time (Crash Bash looks rather mediocre though) so it's not like the Remastered Collection is really going to make it any better than it already is.

Let's see if Nintendo can top the SNES with their next home console (probably not). :)

Reactions: spotanjo3

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
digital triggers

To bad the SNES never had "triggers"
Nor did the N64.
They where and still are shoulder buttons.

I'd say GCN.
Actually the last Ninty console that focussed on the core gamers.
Even then, the GCN saw a decline in games.

Nintendo scared away third party developers with their stubborn choice to keep cartridges for the N64.
If they used CDs (like the PS1) then they could've saved themselves.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
Getting the best value and content of the console is the point. Why bother buying a Wii U when it barely has any good games in comparison to the SNES.
I also see your point. But also think of it like this, let's say you have the SNES or even if you don't the Wii.U will bring you a unique and fun experience. It varies by the lasting effect and such but it will definitely be worth it!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Getting the best value and content of the console is the point. Why bother buying a Wii U when it barely has any good games in comparison to the SNES.

Exclusives.

The reason why I got a PS2 and PS3, exclusives.
PS3 has now found a purpose other then exclusives, that being showtime.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd very much like to say it would be GameCube for me, but it isn't, I really like the NGC but all in all, the last best Nintendo console was definitely the SNES. SNES had an awesome library of games, well built console that topped the competition, music sounds awesome, the controller is easy to pick up and play with all the buttons and digital triggers needed and lastly, it's by far the best console of the 4th generation.

SNES_Console_lg._V344019168_.jpg

Admittedly, I do tend to favour for Sega Mega Drive but that was nostalgia speaking, once I got one myself again and played the games on the console itself, it blew me away how good they still are and will always be (emulation kinda takes away the beauty of the games from running on its original hardware). Great games age well! Well, with that said, I recently played Crash Bandicoot 1 on my PS1 and the graphics still look lovely for its time (Crash Bash looks rather mediocre though) so it's not like the Remastered Collection is really going to make it any better than it already is.

Let's see if Nintendo can top the SNES with their next home console (probably not). :)

Of course! It was the best console of all time. It is still today! :D

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The world needs this. *Hopes GCN VC will be available on the NX*
Isn't Nintendont for that? (I'm not sure, haven't played with it yet)
vWii doesn't have an option to play GCN games with homebrew?
If not, a Wii will suffice, or actual GCN.

I said VIRTUAL CONSOLE Not homebrew. There is a difference. One is encouraged by nintendo, the other isn't and most likely not 100% Accurtate. While using nintendon't Works with games i tested, doesn't mean is perfect replacement.

Virtual console is supposed to be near perfect console emulation that is Supported and endorsed by nintendo as well as made more simple.

While some games had been HD Ported (Insert zelda titles) I just was hoping at least a super smash bros HD Collection with the first 3 games, with everything unlocked, and online modes that work and some more options as well, if not just Backwards port. Either way nintendo should kept Gamecube compatibility that was in the wii over to VWII or WII U.

D

Deleted-379826

OP
I said VIRTUAL CONSOLE Not homebrew. There is a difference. One is encouraged by nintendo, the other isn't and most likely not 100% Accurtate. While using nintendon't Works with games i tested, doesn't mean is perfect replacement.

Virtual console is supposed to be near perfect console emulation that is Supported and endorsed by nintendo as well as made more simple.

While some games had been HD Ported (Insert zelda titles) I just was hoping at least a super smash bros HD Collection with the first 3 games, with everything unlocked, and online modes that work and some more options as well, if not just Backwards port. Either way nintendo should kept Gamecube compatibility that was in the wii over to VWII or WII U.
Oh my god sign me up

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

SNES VC on 3DS.
BlargSNES even works better iirc.
Then again, you could argue that if you want 100% perfect playback of said old game that you're better off with the original hardware.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES VC on 3DS.
BlargSNES even works better iirc.
Then again, you could argue that if you want 100% perfect playback of said old game that you're better off with the original hardware.
I know, i am aware of that. There always gonna be some flaw in a port of emulation unless people are dedicated to fixing it to near perfection. :)

But i was just saying nintendo never added any Gamecube Virtual console. Makes me wonder why they skipped on that idea considering they just celebrated nintendo 30 years of consoles gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    die?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes I'm in mortal danger
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes I'm in mortal danger