• Start date
  • Views 4,946
  • Replies 78
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted-379826

OP
NBES :P

To be honest when i first played super smash bros and unlocked ness from earthbound, i thought the snes should been
"Nintendo entertainment super system" NESS seem like a better name as if it would be a mascot or something. But i was wrong :P
It sucks that earthbound is not big enough for that

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sucks that earthbound is not big enough for that
I dunno, only 3 games right? Does anyone know anything about the company that made the game, Ape. inc or something? Was it also co-produced by the team who make kirby games as well? So i dunno, maybe earthbound 2/MOTHER 4 Would be announced or something. :P

D

Deleted-379826

OP
I dunno, only 3 games right? Does anyone know anything about the company that made the game, Ape. inc or something? Was it also co-produced by the team who make kirby games as well? So i dunno, maybe earthbound 2/MOTHER 4 Would be announced or something. :P
Yeah 3 games the first not many people like and it's not the best and was only released in Japan. It did come here for virtual console last year on the wii u. Then we have the only one outside of Japan which is many people's favourite game and is really great! Then the last one which is amazing has still only been released in Japan while fans beg for it

HeartbeatRose

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.google.co.uk
XP
Country
GameCube.

Simply put, it was the last Nintendo console that wasn't trying to conform to a bandwagon (Wii and motion controls, Wii U and tablets), and also had some of the best games ever made.

Though I prefer the SNES/MD era for gaming, the GameCube was my favourite of the four consoles in the sixth generation.

Wii and Wii U don't have as many games that attract me as the GameCube did, though there are some exceptions.

mashers

Stubborn ape
Trophies
XP
Country
conform to a bandwagon
(Wii and motion controls
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Wii create that bandwagon? There may have been niche products before, but IIRC it was the Wii that took a big risk and tried, quite successfully, to push it into the mainstream.

Wii U and tablets
Well it's true that the Wii U gamepad came during the tablet revolution. However, it's possible that what Nintendo was actually aiming for was replicating the dual screen functionality of the DS series. Granted there were tablet computers before the DS, but the touchscreen gaming (on tablet) revolution really came about with the iPad in 2010. Since the DS was launched in 2004, I see this as another pioneering move by Nintendo.

Like most successful companies (Microsoft, Apple, Google, Facebook...), Nintendo have clearly taken inspiration from what came before. However, I see them as pioneers in bringing touch screen and motion controls to the mass market.

HeartbeatRose

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.google.co.uk
XP
Country
@mashers Correct. The Wii did create that bandwagon, but after around early to mid 2009, I believe the sales started to fall very dramatically.

They didn't make a very practical option and tried to force motion controls in my opinion more than they should have done.

Also, the Wii is just a GameCube with an over clocked processor, so I feel that it wasn't well invested as such perhaps.

The DS probably prompted the creation of the mobile revolution, and was very successful. I can't remember what happened to mine, but I still have a GBA SP, which I still sometimes play games on.

I never owned an original Game Boy Advance, so can't particularly comment on how that was, I'd not be used to the lack of a backlit screen.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they should called it 'snes2x'. A reference to the original SNES... and snes9x... and that it's the SNES of the new millennium :)
Perhaps nx name has something to do with nvidia tegra x GPU?

Nintendo Nvidia X2 Perhaps? Just a guess to be honest, nintendo first use of the nvidia hardware got me excited but wondering if the name could be better or something.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the wii for me was the best, i'd loved all sega's and nintedo's except for the nintendo64 since the controllers were the worst ever designed... i never liked any of the sony or microsoft consoles since they don't deserve any credits more than to be an outdated pc, just with so much limitations it's not worth a penny to me.
wii, gamecube snes, dreamcast and sega mega drive or say genesis if you like were the best to me. i never really played on a wiiu so i can't say anything about that console. i wouldn't buy those consoles anymore though since they can nearly perfectly get emulated on later consoles or pc's... plus some of these systems might not even work with today's tv's... a friend of mine had a working snes that didn't give any pictures on his panasonic plasma screen... the snes had no failures when connectod to other tv's and the plasma screen worked perfect with all other devices he had.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
The great one was the Wii but the majority of people didn't realize how great it was.
Wiimote+Nunchuk was a real revolution.
-Pro Evolution Soccer (6 games, mildly successful) made a soccer series into a mix of soccer and RTS (real time stategy) with otherwise impossible strategies.
-FPS like Call of Duty now used a flying crosshair (instead of always fixating on the middle), deadzones for a totally new feeling and pixel perfect accuracy
-Wiimote+Nunchuk could replace normal controllers for most genres (except fighting games) and if not, just add a CC or Gamecube controller. Also having 2 small units also feels different than a normal controller that you have to hold with both hands.

Most people didn't give the Wiimote a chance (besides Wii Sports and the like) because of
-graphics
-laziness (adopt to a new and superior way... I mean Deadzones are not intuitive, it takes time)
-the illusion that standard controllers improve even though it's the Aim Assist that has become less in your face while still being a huge factor (in older generations Aim Assist was very obvious and you could turn it off, now you often can't turn it off and it makes your crosshair stick to the target etc - even esports players play with it Aim Assist turned on!)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii for me. Just have to mod the console to make it region free, dig through the shovelware and if you like to have physical copies of games then you can import some games that aren't text heavy from japan and europe.

Reactions: Deleted User

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii. The Wii was like an in home interactive arcade with media features, web browsing and online gaming. Add Nintendo franchises on to of all that and I was in gaming heaven. Wii U to me was wasted potential and NX has me worried about the future of my games collection.

D

Deleted User

OP
Perhaps nx name has something to do with nvidia tegra x GPU?

Nintendo Nvidia X2 Perhaps? Just a guess to be honest, nintendo first use of the nvidia hardware got me excited but wondering if the name could be better or something.
Well, I'm pretty sure that, from what I've heard from other people, the Eurogamer "leak" was actually a rumor, so I doubt that's where the name came from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc