The Kingdom Hearts series is coming to PC via Epic Games

After years of being available only on consoles, the PC platform will be seeing a port of a massive RPG franchise: Square Enix’s Kingdom Hearts. Epic Games will have Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, 2.5 Remix, 2.8, 3, and Melody of Memory all available on its storefront. All of them will be launching exclusively on the Epic Games Store on March 30th, with 1.5+2.5 Remix to retail for $49.99, while the rest are priced at $59.99.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is, the devs' cut being larger is actually not true for most games, especially big ones like this. If your game is making 1M+ $ benefit, you get the same cut on both platforms.

It only is true for small games being released on EGS, but outside of the few devs being outright bought by Epic and Tencent for that one-year exclusivity, there's nearly none worth the buy. And most small devs are turning towards Steam anyway, since it offers a much bigger quantity of players and a much better support for their releases.

Actually, and since its release, there weren't any EGS game you couldn't find an equivalent or superior game of the same genre on Steam, and for a lesser price to boot. And with all the security problems that still plague EGS, this is a platform to avoid even now.
I don't care about large game companies they make enough money, I care about the small devs, tho this isn't the place to go into a deep discussion over egs. This is just good news for most kh fans. Also there are good egs exclusives, the tony hawk game for instance

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They never said otherwise. How else are you gonna interperter "exclusive"
It SHOULD be forever. Imo. else it is just a timegated multi platform title.
Yes, games should be limited to one console with no chance for ports in the future just so people who get mad when other people can play the same game are happy.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Exactly, you didn't need to buy them. But you have the option of buying them if you want to play them earlier than other people.
Which is why im pissed they are bringing more and more exclusives over. I still had some reason for my consoles. but they growing thin.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is why im pissed they are bringing more and more exclusives over. I still had some reason for my consoles. but they growing thin.
That's great news, more availability means more people have access to those games.

It really sounds like you're mad that more people can enjoy the games, which is incredibly sad.

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This does not suprise me. Square Enix games are not really on sale all that much on the consoles, normaly they are on sale on consoles 3 times at most and mostly on bigger holidays like Christmas or summer. Since epic give more money to the developers Square Enix want to make the most profit possible. I wonder if the rest of the games will ever end up on Xbox game pass for pc?

Looks like it may not if they are doing this deal with epic. If recall the Kingdom Hearts 3 is or was on the console game pass but never pc. Also i wonder if we will ever see a release Steam if it does well on The Epic Game store? Say after a year or to they announce that it will come to steam. I really hope it will come to steam in future.

Last edited by CrossOut,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's great news, more availability means more people have access to those games.

It really sounds like you're mad that more people can enjoy the games, which is incredibly sad.
It means I have wasted money for nothing. When I coulda just cracked the game on pc.
Also you'd think exclusivity would help consoles.
If i didn't have any consoles etc. yes this news would be nice.
But still I wonder if it is the best news for gaming industry.
Creates healthy competition between systems etc.

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means I have wasted money for nothing. When I coulda just cracked the game on pc.
Also you'd think exclusivity would help consoles.
If i didn't have any consoles etc. yes this news would be nice.
But still I wonder if it is the best news for gaming industry.
Creates healthy competition between systems etc.
Exclusives do the opposite of creating healthy competition, because the incentive of buying a console stops being about the console's capabilities and it comes down to which company paid for the best exclusives.

Having no exclusives means you can focus on buying the device that better fits your needs.

And in cases like this, where the game is ported to other systems after a time of exclusivity, it harms no one, since the people who already bought the console already got to play it, and their enjoyment of it is not diminished by other people being able to play it.

It's the early adopter tax, you pay more for the ability to play it sooner. If the fact that other people have the same access to it now bothers you, then there's really nothing anyone can do to help you, except maybe a mental health professional.

Reactions: Codemastershock

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place