The Homebrew Launcher Emulators all-in-one Noob's Guide (SNES/GB/GBC/GBA/NES)

Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by JJTapia19, Aug 27, 2015.

1. abelxcane

abelxcane GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2011
    United States
    Hi sorry for not responding sooner but if you want I can send you my GBA Bios as it sounds like that is your problem. Just send me a pm with your email. The reason being that I do not think that you can just put that type of thing around this site.

2. LukEdge

LukEdge Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2010
    Brazil
    abelxcane sent me his Retroarch folder, which I used to replace mine, then I uninstalled the core I had and installed the .cia he sent me, everything is perfect now, thanks a lot man!

Unfortunately, I have no idea what was causing that issue, but at least we found a workaround.

3. Sinful Shadow

Sinful Shadow GBAtemp Regular

Apr 10, 2016
    United States
    i could use some help i want to play megamanx6 using the ps1 emulator but im having trouble finding a rom everyplace ive gone to download a megamanx6 rom has only given me the .bin and .cue or just the .bin

4. JJTapia19
    OP

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    The emulator works with those rom files. Just drop the .cue and .bin files in the same directory and select the .bin one in retroarch.

5. PECONAUT

PECONAUT GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    United States
    @JJTapia19 which SNES and NES emulator do you recommend for the New 3DS. Also is your last name Tapia?

6. kheldar

kheldar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 4, 2014
    Hello, I'm trying to use PCSX ReARMed on N3DS ( a9lh installed, updated sysnand). I downloaded the latest stable version from here. Installed it as a CIA on my Sysnand.I placed the bios file in the required folder but whenever I try to load a psp rom, I receive that "an error has occured system needs to restart" error. Before the crash the bottom screen produces this error message "Does not have enough samples to monitor refresh rate samples" or sth like that. I tried deleting retroarch folder but it didn't fix it. On the app's bottom screen there's an error at the last line , it reads as follows "RetroArch
    : cannot push NULL or empty core info into the playlist."

7. Jaxon

Jaxon Member

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2013
    United States
    I want to express my undying love for you ;)

I searched for this bios everywhere. THANK YOU.

8. wesker144

wesker144 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2016
    how configure a second memory card in pscx?
    sorry, my english is bad.

9. DustingtonZDX

DustingtonZDX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    I wish there is a GBA emulator that doesn't run games slowly and is great for old 3DS

10. DustingtonZDX

DustingtonZDX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 4, 2016
    United States
    How do I install Retroarch on my 3DS and get it to work?

TheRaven81 likes this.
  11. Alef Wright

Alef Wright Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2016
    Brazil
    I Dunno
    and the MAME emulator?

12. alex_wutang

alex_wutang Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2010
    Is quicknes still the best NES emulator for O3DS? Also some emulators that retroarch has don't exist in cia unfortunately. I have Luma3DS and prefer instaling only emulators of choice trough cia.

13. ZaneTheGreat

ZaneTheGreat Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 8, 2016
    United States
    Gameyob is just a black screen... please help
    Things work- i got pokemon crystal to run.. by pressing the buttons randomly... can you please help..

14. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    The Game
    R.I.P MAME

15. BobSaget1945

BobSaget1945 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Whenever I try to place the files onto my microsd card, it says "You need permission to perform this action", so I press "try again", and the same problem happens. No matter what I do, I cannot copy the contents of the "retroarch cia" zip folder onto my sd card. Anyone else having the same problem, or know of a solution?

16. pearlfect

pearlfect Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2017
    I'm trying to launch Genesis Plus but whenever I select it from the HB launcher I just get a red bottom screen and garbage pixels topscreen...

17. wiiLike2Hacks

wiiLike2Hacks Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2010
    United States
    Thanks for the guide, nice starting point for someone like me. Loaded up Mednafen NGP on my 2DS and it runs incredibly slow. Am I missing something in the setup, or was this emulator mistakenly recommended for the old 3DS/2DS users?

18. NerdinaNutshell

NerdinaNutshell Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    Is it possible to run romhacks with the pico drive?

19. TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2018
    United States
    I also have this question.
    Also requesting the addition of instructions for how to install and use the Nestopia emulator.

20. Mikitok
    This message by Mikitok has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Jan 20, 2019.
    Jan 20, 2019
  21. NicLobo
    This message by NicLobo has been removed from public view by Minox, Apr 6, 2019, Reason: Necrobump.
    Apr 6, 2019
  22. MattTheDemonCat

MattTheDemonCat Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2019
    United States
    Hello I'm new here as you can possibly tell but I just wanted to see if someone could help me with running gpsp because when I load it, it just shows a yellow screen and nothing else happens, also i know it says it works best with n3ds but I only have an o3ds so I was hoping to see if someone could point me toward a fast gba emulator for the 03ds, and of course the others on the list are really slow, to me it seams like doing things with my homebrewed wii is easier than with the 3ds

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted