Hardware The heck is going on with GPU sales?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Futurdreamz
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 11,639
  • Replies Replies 115
  • Likes Likes 2
They need to add an upcharge. More than 2 cards? You have to pay a 1.5k upcharge since more than 2 cards isn't good for SLI or Crossfire.

That's how they would know who's buying for gaming and who's buying for mining.
 
They need to add an upcharge. More than 2 cards? You have to pay a 1.5k upcharge since more than 2 cards isn't good for SLI or Crossfire.

That's how they would know who's buying for gaming and who's buying for mining.
That would assume I don't have more than one gaming grade rig, or an office that would benefit from such things.

Also if the rewards are what they are then I will go to my bank, get 50 of those one time fraud numbers, or similar amounts of gift cards/one time credit cards, a few PO boxes/a few friends and all of a sudden your stock of 100 gets purchased by me. If I am scalping an unknown variable that is a fair bit of effort, this is not that though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
To be honest, with a bit of looking I've found new or lightly used GPUs for at or just above MSRP...

I guess they're almost back to normal. The reason I'm concerned is I suspect the GPU I have is causing me a lot of strange issues on my PC, notably being responsibly for putting my monitor to sleep and not being able to wake it up unless I hard reboot the machine. I've tried three HDMI cables and even a DisplayPort cable and no dice.
 
Honestly I'd blame everyone involved with the bitcoin project. The whole proof-of-work thing means that the biggest supercomputer controls the market. And they limited the block size so small no wonder it has scaling issues. People aren't making money mining new coins, they are making money on the transaction fees.
 
Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted