The Great Ace Attorney - Episode 3+4 English Patch Released

3n4_release_promo_web.png

THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETE, THE COMPLETED PATCH HAS BEEN RELEASED: https://gbatemp.net/threads/update-the-great-ace-attorney-complete-english-patch-released.534767/

The latest patch for The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1-4) is out for 3DS and Android! You can grab it at the link below.

ENG 2.3.0

Download: https://scarletstudy.gq/download/
Typos and errors can be reported here: https://github.com/ScarletStudy/DGS1-3DS-Release/issues

Notes:

• This includes many fixes for previous Episodes
  • Manual incomplete (but notes for Episode 3+4 added)
  • Home menu banner untranslated (cannot be translated with a game update)
  • New and improved patcher
  • Since the question pops up a lot: there are five Episodes in total and a sequel of the same length we will also translate.
Requirements:
  • 3DS with CFW
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

GentlemanGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for the late answer. Our purchasing guide is still pretty much a work-in-progress, I'm afraid. What works for some users seems to cause issues for others, we're still trying to figure things out. What seems to have helped here is adding a Japanese address to your account, anything is fine - like a McDonald's or something.

You could also try to buy the game using a credit card directly instead of using a gift card.

We will update our Purchasing Guide once we have more feedback and a better way to do this. There are some people in the FTI Discord (#dai-gyakuten-saiban) who got it to work after some initial trouble.

Thanks for the help! A credit card with a Japanese address appended to it doesn't seem to work yet, but I'll keep trying. Hopefully something comes of it; meanwhile, I'll keep an eye on Discoed, and post if anything goes well.

GentlemanGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kinda random- and there may be an update to the official Scarlet Study page for all I know by the time you read this- but if anyone else is having payment and processing problems when trying to buy from the Japanese Play Store, here's a couple pieces of guidance:

1- If Codastacks doesn't work when trying to get a Google Play code, try SeaGM: more expensive, but I can vouch for the fact that it works.

2- If you're having trouble just ACCESSING the Play Store, try Proton VPN instead of Tunnel Bear. It has a lot more servers on offer and is completely free :)

That's all for now. Thanks again to the awesome team behind this for all they've done and all they're continuing to do; episodes 3 and 4 are stellar, and I feel equally certain that 5 and DGS 2 will be as well from your track record :)

kmmnyng

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Seriously. I made an ID just to comment on this. I sincerely LOVE the Ace Attorney series. But when the new ones came out, I was pissed because they were unavilable for us. Yet, here you guys, with this amazing work. This work deserves so much attention and gratitude from all the fans out there.

I am SO SO grateful for you all's work. Thank YOU ALL with all my heart.

Reactions: Uwabami

Dizzardy

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Can I ask a question?

I went through the process of buying the game from the Japanese google play store and I've already bought a code from playasia but when I went to input the code it asked me to create an account and asked me for my postcode and telephone details but it won't let me input anything for them even though it says they're required fields. (when I try to type nothing happens)

I'm wondering what I did wrong and I'm kinda worried because I already bought the google playstore code...

(if it matters as you can see I'm trying to do it through bluestacks)

If I put some incorrect detail when signing up for the account could that have caused it? I might have given my own phone number earlier when it asked (because I think I needed it for verification)

Edit: So it seems that I can type numbers into the postcode and phone number sections and not letters. Of course that makes sense for the phone number but it through me off for a second because I was expecting the postcode to maybe have letters in it...

Do I add my own phone number? Do I just make up a postcode?

I had ProtoVPN active when I signed up for the google account, was I supposed to sign up for an account for my own country and not Japan? I thought I had to do that for it to work but now I'm not sure if I should have done it that way.

Attachments

• screen.png
    screen.png
    127 KB · Views: 222
Last edited by Dizzardy,

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I ask a question?

I went through the process of buying the game from the Japanese google play store and I've already bought a code from playasia but when I went to input the code it asked me to create an account and asked me for my postcode and telephone details but it won't let me input anything for them even though it says they're required fields. (when I try to type nothing happens)

I'm wondering what I did wrong and I'm kinda worried because I already bought the google playstore code...

(if it matters as you can see I'm trying to do it through bluestacks)

If I put some incorrect detail when signing up for the account could that have caused it? I might have given my own phone number earlier when it asked (because I think I needed it for verification)

Edit: So it seems that I can type numbers into the postcode and phone number sections and not letters. Of course that makes sense for the phone number but it through me off for a second because I was expecting the postcode to maybe have letters in it...

Do I add my own phone number? Do I just make up a postcode?
Did you follow our official guide? https://scarletstudy.gq/purchasing-guide

Try post code 100-0001 and any phone number you like - even random should be fine.

kmmnyng

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
During the game, it suddenly crashed and Scarlet Study display came up... What is wrong with this and how should I fix it?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
During the game, it suddenly crashed and Scarlet Study display came up... What is wrong with this and how should I fix it?
  • How are you playing the game - on a real phone/tablet or in an emulator like Bluestacks?
    • If phone, which maker/model and Android version are you using?
    • If emulator, which emulator/version and what specs (CPU/RAM) does the host computer have?
  • Where in the game did you experience a crash? Does it happen again when you reload or does it happen at random?

mjbuble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I attempt to begin the patching process on the 3DS, I am given the following error message:

V:/autorun.gm9
line19: extract.code failed
extrude G:/content0.game.app...

This error continues to run in a loop, and I am unable to exit the patcher. If I attempt to re-boot the system, removing the battery and microSD card card, I am still brought to The Great Ace Attorney patcher menu, where I continue to get the same error message. Is there any known way to overcome this issue?

Thanks.

snap_010101000132.png

Hyarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This error seems to indicate that your SD card is not writable or not present. Insert it into a computer and check to make sure that you can still write files to it.

The boot loop is more concerning. Hopefully you have simply overwritten the boot.firm file with DGS1-Patcher.firm, as this is relatively easily fixable - just replace boot.firm on your SD card with the latest Luma3DS release.
However, I'm a bit worried that you may have entered GodMode9, navigated to DGS1-Patcher.firm, chosen to Install FIRM, and confirmed the process despite the bright red warnings. Could you describe in detail the installation process that you followed?

mjbuble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This error seems to indicate that your SD card is not writable or not present. Insert it into a computer and check to make sure that you can still write files to it.

The boot loop is more concerning. Hopefully you have simply overwritten the boot.firm file with DGS1-Patcher.firm, as this is relatively easily fixable - just replace boot.firm on your SD card with the latest Luma3DS release.
However, I'm a bit worried that you may have entered GodMode9, navigated to DGS1-Patcher.firm, chosen to Install FIRM, and confirmed the process despite the bright red warnings. Could you describe in detail the installation process that you followed?

Thanks for the quick reply. I am still able to write files to my SD and have tried to replace the boot.firm, but I am still getting the same error message. I think I did accidentally install DGS1-Patcher.firm using GodMode9, due to my relative naiveté with using CFW. Would there be any way to restore the system, or do you think that it would be bricked at this point? Thanks again for the help.

Hyarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can be restored by using a DS flashcard to reinstall your CFW: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

I'll ask the GodMode9 author, but I can't see any other method at the moment. For future versions, though, I'll be sure to have the patcher itself be able to detect and fix an accidental install -- and in the meantime, I'll clarify the instructions a bit.

kmmnyng

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
  • How are you playing the game - on a real phone/tablet or in an emulator like Bluestacks?
    • If phone, which maker/model and Android version are you using?
    • If emulator, which emulator/version and what specs (CPU/RAM) does the host computer have?
  • Where in the game did you experience a crash? Does it happen again when you reload or does it happen at random?
1. I'm playing on my Bluestacks on Macbook Pro 2017.
I'm playing it on the most recent version of Blustacks. I'm at 16GB RAM and 2.9GHz dual core Inter Core i5.
2. Usually it happens pretty randomly;
sometimes it will crash like every 2 hours or so and sometimes it will not crash the entire day. It's sporadic I can't say WHEN it exactly happens. But it happens at any scene like I could be just having a conversation with a witness and it will crash or I could be trying to present an evidence and it will crash.

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. I'm playing on my Bluestacks on Macbook Pro 2017.
I'm playing it on the most recent version of Blustacks. I'm at 16GB RAM and 2.9GHz dual core Inter Core i5.
2. Usually it happens pretty randomly;
sometimes it will crash like every 2 hours or so and sometimes it will not crash the entire day. It's sporadic I can't say WHEN it exactly happens. But it happens at any scene like I could be just having a conversation with a witness and it will crash or I could be trying to present an evidence and it will crash.

Hm, are you sure that you're using the most recent version? I haven't tested the macOS version yet, but at least the Windows version lies about being up-to-date. How much RAM and how many CPU cores have you allocated for Bluestacks (it should say so in the settings).

Hyarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add to the above, what you are describing sounds like the audio-related crashes that were fixed in Bluestacks version 4.30.53.
Please check to make sure you are at or above this version, rather than relying on the auto-update.

The current version is 4.31.56: https://www.bluestacks.com/download.html

Edit -- It's been brought to my attention that the Mac version hasn't been updated since March 12th and is still on version 2.0.0. Raising RAM might still help, but it may be unfixable.

Last edited by Hyarion,

justpassingby

Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
Created an account just to ask this one important question. Will there eventually be an iOS version? After all, there's releases of iOS versions by Capcom themselves as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica